• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Tried out a quick match this morning before work. Wasn't a fan of the loading times but other than that, so far it's fire pro bliss

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like you can buy the pre-order PS4 themes for $2.99 each. Might have to grab the NJPW one.

EDIT: Seeing a lot of talk on Japanese Twitter that the latest patch noticeably dropped the framerate on PS4. It's definitely not 60 FPS, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they get the frame issue sorted, but I am super hyped to get home and play this.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Just fired up the Steam version to confirm the framerate thing.

Oof. Yeah, the PS4 version was not ready for release. It runs better on my trash PC with a 2011 Radeon HD 6570 than on PS4.

Mase Gumble

Oct 27, 2017
How do you download wrestlers n shit, I went on their site thing subscribed to a few and nothing's showing?

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So just ordered it for the PS4, but the bugs now have me worried :( (this is my first FPW game btw). How does this game run on say...a 2017 MBP?

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Mmm. Tempted to download US version. May now just wait till European release. Hopefully bugs will be fixed

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Will return to this on PC when they add in their management mode, burned out on exhibition mode.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So uhh don't click fpw online if you have PS4 pro and using hdr because my system just crashed unlike anything ive ever seen before

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Will return to this on PC when they add in their management mode, burned out on exhibition mode.
Literally the only DLC I care about. Everything is delayed now too. Sigh. The only reason I was creating edits too. Pc people kind of got fucked over for this PS4 version. We don't even get the update today. I'd rather it be working right though I guess.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Literally the only DLC I care about. Everything is delayed now too. Sigh. The only reason I was creating edits too. Pc people kind of got fucked over for this PS4 version. We don't even get the update today. I'd rather it be working right though I guess.
Happens all the time. Same shit happened with Marvel Heroes, and then the game died.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I played this game over 20 years ago on the Sega Saturn (the Japanese version) and while I enjoyed it it seems like nothing's changed since then. No reversal system no table match or ladder match for example.

Plus it seems to take something away from the match when you can do your finishing move right away as much as you want. The amount of wrestlers and the amount of editing is tremendous but overall the game just hasn't evolved that much. it doesn't run that well on the PlayStation and unless you bump a difficulty up to 8 the games too easy.

This is the first game I've been disappointed with in a while. Seems like the should be a $20 title not $50.dollar title.

Last edited:

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing the game for the last couple hours on PS4 (on a pro). Game runs well there. Took a bit to get use to the gameplay. It's fun. Not perfect though. The hoops you have to jump through to download shit is laughable in comparison to the 2K WWE games. Will keep this in my rotation though. As of now I like the wwe games more. Would love this on my switch though.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently I just read over at Critical Club that they dropped the frame rate down with the American release day patch. It was 60 before, but due to frame rate hitches they had to lower it. It's noticeable on the standard PS4.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently I just read over at Critical Club that they dropped the frame rate down with the American release day patch. It was 60 before, but due to frame rate hitches they had to lower it. It's noticeable on the standard PS4.
Yeah, it's pretty damn awful, to be honest. Fire Pro Returns feels so much better to play. Spike really needs to sort this out.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
I cant get past Mission t5. Master the corner grapple. I whip him in the corner but when I press the button, its either I only throw a punch or the opponent recovers quickly and out of the corner position :(

Edit: i got it now

Last edited:

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty damn awful, to be honest. Fire Pro Returns feels so much better to play. Spike really needs to sort this out.

Playing on a standard PS4 post patch, in just 1 vs 1 matches so far, I haven't noticed any significant framerate drop at all except for when I was in the edit wrestler menu.

Playing on PC pre-patch I'd occasionally get hitches where the framerate wouldn't just drop but plummet to a stutter for a second and that hasn't happened so far with the PS4 version.

First match I did Ishii vs Juice and got a 94% and it just started raining PS trophies. I think that's the most I've ever unlocked at once.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I appreciate the in-game tutorial/challenge system, and I appreciate the almanac, but man this game needed some kind of actual instruction manual. Like how was I supposed to know how to throw someone outside? There's a challenge based on hitting a move from the ring to the outside, but nothing to show how to get them there.

And then there's the downloading of the CAWs... even if you figure it out (by logging into your PSN account via an in-game web browser, which brings you to a page that is mostly in Japanese), you have to basically reboot the game to get them to show up.

I guess hardcore fans will either know the mechanics or seek it out online, but I can't imagine this doing well at all for a first time fan, and that's not even taking into account the framerate issues and the bias against the graphics.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing on a standard PS4 post patch, in just 1 vs 1 matches so far, I haven't noticed any significant framerate drop at all except for when I was in the edit wrestler menu.
I don't know what to say, but the frame rate is definitely not 60fps during gameplay. This is noticeable when you go from 60fps menus into 30fps gameplay.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I'm having fun with it but yeah it's definitely got some annoyances.

And downloading/organizing all the wrestlers is going to be a pain. I know I've been spoiled by being able to download a whole pack of wrestlers/rings already organized in FPW Returns. So doing everything manually on World is just going to be a major pain.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well to get away from me bitching about the FPS...

I've played about 3 games, and simmed 2 so far, and I can say the fixes here, and there are a massive improvement over Returns gameplay. Like not falling out of the ring is a huge welcome. The accurate character models worried me when they initially announced it(I prefer the fake ass characters, and their silly names). But after having a blast playing as Tanahashi(Best character animations so far in the game), with his authentic voice samples has made me do a complete 180 on the whole thing. I can't wait to fuck around with logic. I didn't do that with Returns, so it's a priority that I do it now especially with content creators creating the models so I don't have to spend hours making sure I get Dr. Wagner's mask down 100%.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
If it doesn't go up for NA today, I can see them waiting until the normal patch day (so next Tuesday). It had to go up ASAP for Japan, since they had nearly a month with the game at 60 FPS only to have a patch drastically reduce that. Conversely, most NA players don't even know the game was ever 60 FPS, so the patch not coming today/this week wouldn't be a big deal for most.

Look I just really want this patch and I'm worried we're gonna have to wait for it.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far and looking forward to all the DLC. Hopefully they can improve the loading times.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Got the PS4 version yesterday, really fun so far. Did an eight-man with the Golden Elite vs. LIJ. Golden Elite won when Ibushi KTFOed Naito with the Kamigoye.

For those curious about how to download wrestlers to the PS4 version of the game, yes, it's an ass-backwards system, but here goes.

Step 1: Go to FPWW NET in the game or http://www.firepro-w.com
Then login with your PSN account.

Step 2: You can search by either wrestlers, referees, or images (for ring mats, aprons, turnbuckles, etc.) Some are in Japanese so it's really best to do this on your PC so you can google translate.

Step 3: Click the item you want to download, then click "Subscribe". Note that this doesn't actually download the item, it subscribes you TO that item in case changes are made later.

Step 4: If using the in-game browser, restart the game, you'll download the files when the game starts up.

Step 5: For wrestlers, then go to the Edit teams option and move the wrestlers to the organization/faction you want.

Yes, it's extremely complicated and not user-friendly at all. Hopefully SC is working on a fix.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The good thing I can say about the PS4 edit system is if you're a regular Joe Working like me, you can grab your phone during lunch break and browse the FPWNet website. Subscribe to all the edits you want. So when you get home, and fire up the game everything will be there uploaded into your game.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
The good thing I can say about the PS4 edit system is if you're a regular Joe Working like me, you can grab your phone during lunch break and browse the FPWNet website. Subscribe to all the edits you want. So when you get home, and fire up the game everything will be there uploaded into your game.
Yeah I did that with the steam app too. It's pretty nice.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Got the PS4 version yesterday, really fun so far. Did an eight-man with the Golden Elite vs. LIJ. Golden Elite won when Ibushi KTFOed Naito with the Kamigoye.

For those curious about how to download wrestlers to the PS4 version of the game, yes, it's an ass-backwards system, but here goes.

Step 1: Go to FPWW NET in the game or http://www.firepro-w.com
Then login with your PSN account.

Step 2: You can search by either wrestlers, referees, or images (for ring mats, aprons, turnbuckles, etc.) Some are in Japanese so it's really best to do this on your PC so you can google translate.

Step 3: Click the item you want to download, then click "Subscribe". Note that this doesn't actually download the item, it subscribes you TO that item in case changes are made later.

Step 4: If using the in-game browser, restart the game, you'll download the files when the game starts up.

Step 5: For wrestlers, then go to the Edit teams option and move the wrestlers to the organization/faction you want.

Yes, it's extremely complicated and not user-friendly at all. Hopefully SC is working on a fix.

Yeah, you also have to create a new organization and a new faction to even put the wrestlers in (unless you want to put them in the existing ones), otherwise you won't see them at all in any of the modes.

It is so much easier to browse through the web, though the only indication of "quality" to me is number of subscribers. Is there a way to check the moveset via the website? Ah well, now I have Kinnikuman, Buffalo Man, Picollo, and Char thanks to some user named nagoshia.

Also, was doing the Battle Royale challenge, got my first 100% but took the final pin because I was just so worn out. Ugh. I was also super confused because it was pinfall/submission elimination and not just throwing guys over the top rope.

Last edited: