• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The patch is now available outside of Japan. I'm crossing my fingers that the framerate has been fixed.

Edit: It has! The gameplay feels much smoother now.

Last edited:

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Yep patch is up and fixed issue. Appreciate the quick response by the FPW team.

Edit: Uh, did patch unlock the whole Mission Mode for anyone else? I mean it ain't a problem I did it before on the PC but thought that was amusing

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm simming an elimination tag match. Two Japanese words popped up on the screen like if it was a critical, but it definitely wasn't one. Does anybody know what that was?

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
What's this about a management mode dlc?

Fire Promoter mode is DLC that's coming out later which is similar to the Management of the Ring mode from Final Fire Pro. In it you run a company, book matches and try to increase your audience size while keeping wrestlers happy, managing arena size and merchandise sales and trying to negotiate contracts for other talent and TV.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Fire Promoter mode is DLC that's coming out later which is similar to the Management of the Ring mode from Final Fire Pro. In it you run a company, book matches and try to increase your audience size while keeping wrestlers happy, managing arena size and merchandise sales and trying to negotiate contracts for other talent and TV.
Oh you are speaking my language!

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't think it's possible to actually follow a creator but I've subbed to a lot of wrestlers by
MaikeruRX-78.
Yup. They are a regular over at CriticalClub. There is also Miguel-Francisca who says they will be regularly updating their edits.

They really need to have the ability to favourite creators. We also need the ability to allow creators to group edits by promotion (or anything else) so that you can just subscribe to the whole set like on Steam Workshop.

Oct 29, 2017
Yup. They are a regular over at CriticalClub. There is also Miguel-Francisca who says they will be regularly updating their edits.

They really need to have the ability to favourite creators. We also need the ability to allow creators to group edits by promotion (or anything else) so that you can just subscribe to the whole set like on Steam Workshop.

Yep, I'd love to subscribe to a creator and just pull down everything that creator makes automatically.

Also it'd be good to have a list of what wrestlers you already have downloaded to save you downloading one from another creator etc.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'd love to just download an entire suite of characters.

Are there any other notables creators other than MaikeruRX-78 & Miguel-Francisca? I've downloaded the majority of their edits (which have been amazing), and I'm trying to fill out rosters from WCW/ECW/WWF from the 80s-90s era. I don't know how these creators do it, it's a lot of work but I'm so happy they're out there putting out quality content.

Also, with ring items, it seems that you need to download all the separate parts and put them together yourself? Or am I wrong in that thinking?

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I was checking out Tanahashi's list of moves on the edit menu, and passed by strike exchange, and thinking "Tana does get into forearm(elbow) throwing contest, but he sure doesalso get into slap battles. Maybe I could change that" but I noticed something. There aren't any slaps in strike exchange. Not a game breaking thing to leave out, but still noticeably missing.

Also, with ring items, it seems that you need to download all the separate parts and put them together yourself? Or am I wrong in that thinking?
Yes, when you download them go to ring edit, and there will be different parts you fill to complete the construction of the ring. It's actually super easy. Plus side note... Some of the mat decals come with the correct mat color.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'd love to just download an entire suite of characters.

Are there any other notables creators other than MaikeruRX-78 & Miguel-Francisca? I've downloaded the majority of their edits (which have been amazing), and I'm trying to fill out rosters from WCW/ECW/WWF from the 80s-90s era. I don't know how these creators do it, it's a lot of work but I'm so happy they're out there putting out quality content.

Let me know if you find any other good creators, I'm also looking for WWF characters.

I saw a DiBiase earlier but there was no AI etc so hoping for characters like the two creators you mention where it's the skin as well as moves and AI.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh oh, found a glitch while running a six man tag(first time I've simmed, or played one) between Suzuki-Gun, and LIJ. After a couple of minutes Naito(CPU) tags out to EVIL, and they do the whole illegal partner stays in to do double teams. This though after some double team action Naito all of a sudden stops, and won't leave the ring. I've tried instigating a grapple but noting happens. He's not invisible though. He still has collision detection because I've been able to run into him, but it still doesn't cause him to leave.

Anybody else spot this glitch? I'm going to start it again to see if I get it again.

Edit: Oh shit, I got another glitch. This time during entrances Naito doesn't come out with EVIL, and Bushi. EVIL, and Bushi don't even walk down the ramp. They just stand there waiting for Naito. I pressed start after 30 seconds to see if the match will start regardless. It does, pressed paused to type this. Let's see if anything happens after I un-pause it.

Edit 2: Yup the CPU doesn't leave the ring again. I'm going to restart it to see if it's the character, or the mode, or something.

Edit 3: After restarting the game, and setting up the same match, with all the same perimeters it appears now everything is running normally again. Very interesting moment there.

Last edited:

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a clue who he is but I'll buy it for the principle of it. Nice gesture to donate all proceeds of these sales to charity.
giphy.gif

He's the guy with the blonde hair.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so good. The gameplay holds up so well from back when I put hundreds of hours into the DC game 20 years ago.

So is there any way to edit the pre-made character names? That was the first thing I did in the Saturn and DC games.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
It's so good. The gameplay holds up so well from back when I put hundreds of hours into the DC game 20 years ago.

So is there any way to edit the pre-made character names? That was the first thing I did in the Saturn and DC games.

I mean, there's really no need to, since the SWA guys are 100% fictional, and the NJPW guys are officially licensed so they have their real names already.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I want to change their stupid names, though. "Bobby Bobby"?

Oh that, haha. Yeah they're kinda dumb. I don't believe there's any way to change their names this time around, no. You could always go to Edit, create a copy of the wrestler using the "Template" option, change the name, and then move the original to "Retired". That would achieve the same goal.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm new to Fire Pro, glad to get away from the WWE games. I'm enjoying the new gameplay style, I'm finding it a good challenge and I'm exciting to learn it.

One question, can my Fighting Road CAW be loaded onto the regular roster (or vice versa) or will I be stuck making two versions of myself?

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played for an hour today and it feels just like the old games and I feel right at home. I do have some questions though.

Where do I find the tutorial?

Is there a way to flip my opponent around to a back position for a standing back grapple?

Is there a search function for firepro-w.com?

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played for an hour today and it feels just like the old games and I feel right at home. I do have some questions though.

Is there a way to flip my opponent around to a back position for a standing back grapple?

I don't believe there is, but you can just set the computer difficulty down to 1, and experiment.

For anything to do with finding out what button does what, I d suggest using our old pal Gamefaqs for that.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/206703-fire-pro-wrestling-world/faqs/76355

For searching just click the filter button. From there you can either search for characters, and decals using the search engine, or filter things out to find wrestlers in a specific style.

Oct 27, 2017
I just started the game for the first time and when I'm on the main menu screen, there are several bits of text at the bottom that are partially cut off. It appears to be describing the selected option, but it is hard to tell.

I have tried adjusting my screen size, toggled supersampling on and off, changed to 720p, checked TV settings. nothing fixes it, and my other games look fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
I just started the game for the first time and when I'm on the main menu screen, there are several bits of text at the bottom that are partially cut off. It appears to be describing the selected option, but it is hard to tell.

I have tried adjusting my screen size, toggled supersampling on and off, changed to 720p, checked TV settings. nothing fixes it, and my other games look fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

Ive got it as well.

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
Also - game is great fun just like I expected.

I need to DL some dudes to have Hayabusa vs Curryman vs Goldberg vs Stonecold tomorrow.

Sounds like you gotta grab rasslers indivually huh? Just cant grab full rosters?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Some wrestlers have a move to go to the back but I think it's wrestler specific. Otherwise you basically stun them with a strong move and when they're staggered go to their back. The tutorial for the most part is the challenges, but it doesn't really teach you about breathing and some other basic stuff. I still have no idea how to pick up a dropped weapon for instance.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Some wrestlers have a move to go to the back but I think it's wrestler specific. Otherwise you basically stun them with a strong move and when they're staggered go to their back. The tutorial for the most part is the challenges, but it doesn't really teach you about breathing and some other basic stuff. I still have no idea how to pick up a dropped weapon for instance.
Down plus triangle/Y

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to figure out how to use the created guys I downloaded. I subscribed on the site, restarted the game, and it downloaded the 15 guys I had and I can't find them anywhere to actually use.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to figure out how to use the created guys I downloaded. I subscribed on the site, restarted the game, and it downloaded the 15 guys I had and I can't find them anywhere to actually use.

Go to "Edit Team" and then "Transfer Wrestler". The guys you downloaded will be in the "Retired" section. You have to manually move them.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What the hell is with the Capicity limits come on now Spike this entire download system is a disaster

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally figured out that there was a search function in the filter on the site. That helps a little but I do agree with RF that the system is a disaster.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Playing a battle royale right now...got myself DQ'd in the final 3 for holding a chair too long....the final two are Roman and Cena and theyve been battling for like 15 mins alone and Cena has kicked out of 5 spears. It's like Vince possessed my game

edit: lol he made Roman tap to the STFU. This game is still great after all these years