• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

blast0rama

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
Are these custom rings possible on PS4 too? Still not sure if I should buy the PS4 version, is it good in comparison to the PC version? What are the negative things about it in a comparison?

Custom rings are possible on the PS4 - you have to download each piece (mat, corner pads, apron l, apron r) and combine in Edit Ring mode yourself, but definitely doable. I'm rocking the current NXT, RAW, SmackDown, ROH and Dragon Gate rings, myself.

The PS4 version has the NJPW DLC content which the PC does not. The negative side is that there aren't as many good creations/creators as on the PC, but it's getting better/deeper every day.

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Custom rings are possible on the PS4 - you have to download each piece (mat, corner pads, apron l, apron r) and combine in Edit Ring mode yourself, but definitely doable. I'm rocking the current NXT, RAW, SmackDown, ROH and Dragon Gate rings, myself.

The PS4 version has the NJPW DLC content which the PC does not. The negative side is that there aren't as many good creations/creators as on the PC, but it's getting better/deeper every day.

That sounds great, thanks. Was worried with what's missing here in this version cause I haven't played it for a long time now and saw these rings and hoped it wasn't just a mod. So, besides custom themes, nothing that's possible in the PC version is missing here?

It's a bit expensive to get everything on PS4 with the DLC and stuff (like, wtf is that expensive) but I think I will double dip here.
It sucks a little bit that half of the stuff from the season pass is already in the base game, like Fighting Road and the NJPW wrestlers, but the rest is being sold for the same price as on PC, 50 bucks with only half the stuff because it's already in the base version.

I could transfer my own stuff then that I created on PC, like my fantastic Hogans, but I guess I have to rebuild it on the PS4 for that? There isn't a real transfer right?

And theoretically, I could tranfer awesome, but missing, PC CAWs with just going into the edit mode on PC and copying everything on PS4 and upload it, right?

Edit:

Also, nothing from the season pass got released so far right? So I don't really need it now? Is there a timetable when the stuff from the season pass comes out?

Last edited:

blast0rama

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
I could transfer my own stuff then that I created on PC, like my fantastic Hogans, but I guess I have to rebuild it on the PS4 for that? There isn't a real transfer right?

Correct. Although, given the mod scene on the PC, I wouldn't be shocked if someone figures out a way to mix the two.

And theoretically, I could tranfer awesome, but missing, PC CAWs with just going into the edit mode on PC and copying everything on PS4 and upload it, right?

Yep! Some people have - with creator's permissions - been bringing PC CAWs to the PS4.

Edit:

Also, nothing from the season pass got released so far right? So I don't really need it now? Is there a timetable when the stuff from the season pass comes out?

So far, nothing. But there was the Takayama DLC, which isn't part of the Season Pass. Worth the $3 to support a true Japanese legend, IMO.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is crack! I also love how easy it is to download creations off their website.

Is there a way to download created Belts?

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Finally bought it, couldn't resist. Still absolute fantastic and my very first match, AJ Styles vs Okada gave me instantly a 100% Match Evaluation and unlocked me 7 trophies at once. :D

For those curious about how to download wrestlers to the PS4 version of the game, yes, it's an ass-backwards system, but here goes.

Yes, it's extremely complicated and not user-friendly at all. Hopefully SC is working on a fix.

No, no no no no no, no. Not at all. This is one of the easiest, most user friendliest and uncomplicated community system, and that on a console, that I have ever seen. I couldn't believe how good and easy it is and no in-game version could ever beat this. You just login to the website once and every time you want something you scroll through the user stuff, tap one time on subscribe and it is instantly there (after a reboot of the game). Just like that, unbelievable chill with a few presses on your smartphone, absolute fantastic.

I agree with the management stuff tho, that you have to assign them first is theoretically not a problem, but the game is bad in telling you this and the translations with "team" are just confusing. But the general community solution is crazy good for a console game, it just works.

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Is the Match Evaluation a bit broken? Did around 6 or 7 matches and every single one was 100%. :D

Other than that, really f'n great. Smooth 60fps, downloaded already like 50 wrestlers and build 2 arenas and just have fun. Can't wait to get a real general manager mode in this thing.

It's time to update the OT a bit in the next days with better informations, links and FAQ, for PS4 newcomers here. :)

Only flaws, I wish it wouldn't be that expensive on PS4 with the DLC on top and that it would've evolved a bit more in almost a year. All it got was a story mode (whoever asked for that), official NJPW wrestler and the custom ring part (but these at least are f'n amazing, such a high res and crystal clear, just wow). This could be packed with so much more shit, since it's 2D, not even the custom title mode got more templates... :/

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Finally bought it, couldn't resist. Still absolute fantastic and my very first match, AJ Styles vs Okada gave me instantly a 100% Match Evaluation and unlocked me 7 trophies at once. :D

No, no no no no no, no. Not at all. This is one of the easiest, most user friendliest and uncomplicated community system, and that on a console, that I have ever seen. I couldn't believe how good and easy it is and no in-game version could ever beat this. You just login to the website once and every time you want something you scroll through the user stuff, tap one time on subscribe and it is instantly there (after a reboot of the game). Just like that, unbelievable chill with a few presses on your smartphone, absolute fantastic.

I agree with the management stuff tho, that you have to assign them first is theoretically not a problem, but the game is bad in telling you this and the translations with "team" are just confusing. But the general community solution is crazy good for a console game, it just works.

I love the game, but I can't see anyone saying this is a user friendly game. It's basically an in game browser to their website where they explain nothing, it's mainly in Japanese even though you selected English and if nobody told you you had to reboot the game to get the players loaded, how would you know?

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
NJPW content is out for PC $20 / ÂŁ15.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/...g_World_New_Japan_ProWrestling_Collaboration/

Also free update

In addition, there is a free update today that adds nine new moves and a redesigned UI.

[NEW MOVES]
Counter - Shoulder Bear Hug
Front Grapple (MED) - Gourdbuster
Front Grapple (BIG) - Arm Lock
Front Grapple (BIG) - Shoulder Bear Hug
Front Grapple (BIG) - Rodeo Stretch
Front Grapple (BIG) - Hijack Backbreaker
Corner Grapple (BIG) - Avalanche Exploder
Running (SML / MED) - Punching Lariat
Back Grapple (BIG) - Schoolboy Suplex

Also, Season Pass store page removed from Steam.

Instead of a Season Pass, future DLC will be available via discounted Steam Bundles--this will give you the same discount as a Season Pass with more purchasing options to pick and choose which DLC you want. All future DLC will be released simultaneously on all platforms.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Some questions:

- Can you enable entrances longer than 10 seconds and in different arenas?
- What's the best CPU skill for simming realistic matches? I simmed 2 matches between Ibushi and Omega set at 5 and 10. Both times Omega squashed Ibushi in less than 4 minutes.
- Is there any way to enable vsync to make the game smoother on a 120hz monitor without the game running at double speed?

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just got the PS4 version. How do I transfer created wrestler to created teams? I have created promotions yet when I go to select my creations it doesn't allow me to then transfer them to to the created promotions

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Just got the PS4 version. How do I transfer created wrestler to created teams? I have created promotions yet when I go to select my creations it doesn't allow me to then transfer them to to the created promotions

Think you need to make a stable within those promotions then you can copy people to the stables.

I'll do factions, tag teams, men, women as individual stables.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the hell do you clear Mission Mode # 50? I can't get past 87% and the matches are usually under 20 minutes.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Sweet, hope the same is true for PS4. Just went to look for it on the Playstation store and instead found that the Yoshihiro Takayama Charity DLC has been available since August.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
This was one of the reasons I was making fictional wrestlers. Hyped. I just need a little carrot like this mode to help keep my interest.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
MOR is a pretty damn good mode but was hamstrung by being on the GBA. Having it attached to this game with all the mods available for it is pretty mindblowing. Can't wait to dig in and play it.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Can't wait to try this out later, looks amazing...

Fire Promoter is an economic simulation mode in which your very own pro-wrestling world expands! Become the CEO of a pro-wrestling stable and aim to be the world's best!

Show off your skills as a manager by training your wrestlers, managing your athletes, making contracts with sponsors, partnering with other groups, and taking up challenges!

A new, unique simulation mode for managing pro-wrestler stables has been added to the legendary Fire Pro Series.
The player selects their own stable, schedules performances month by month, makes contracts with sponsors, faces challenges, and aims to be the best stable in the world.
By managing wrestlers and events, you can make your own athletes, your own stable, your own pro-wrestling history, and your very own world!

*Pre-made wrestlers are included by default

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_167015.jpg

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT2_167015.jpg
PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT4_167015.jpg

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT6_167015.jpg

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Anything new compared to MOTR?

Still not up on Steam, taking the piss
You seem down on it. As someone who never played motr and has been watching the let's play of it on YouTube in prep for this, and also making edits for it, this looks exactly like I want and I'm excited about it.

It just seems like you expected it to be a spreadsheet with a billion different things going on like TEW or something. I mean you do you but it's fire pro and not that, from what I've seen of the gba version it looks pretty cool. Even with the ability to add your own edits also.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
You seem down on it. As someone who never played motr and has been watching the let's play of it on YouTube in prep for this, and also making edits for it, this looks exactly like I want and I'm excited about it.

It just seems like you expected it to be a spreadsheet with a billion different things going on like TEW or something. I mean you do you but it's fire pro and not that, from what I've seen of the gba version it looks pretty cool. Even with the ability to add your own edits also.
Nope, I expected a developer to manage to do more than a mod does.

I'll stick to the mod.

You can't even do different matches on 1 card ffs

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, I expected a developer to manage to do more than a mod does.

I'll stick to the mod.

You can't even do different matches on 1 card ffs
I tried the mod and didn't really like it much, plus don't like the idea of it breaking everytime the game had an update. Is Carl planning on updating it with more features? Adding in trading and money management or seeing if a wrestler is hurt or unhappy or whatever like Promotor does? I know it's not super exhaustive but it still has features I would take over a simpler booking mod like that.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I tried the mod and didn't really like it much, plus don't like the idea of it breaking everytime the game had an update. Is Carl planning on updating it with more features? Adding in trading and money management or seeing if a wrestler is hurt or unhappy or whatever like Promotor does? I know it's not super exhaustive but it still has features I would take over a simpler booking mod like that.
Don't think he is sadly :( I'll still get this mod, I'll just swap between the two

Also Stevie Richards is streaming it

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Is it fully compatible with custom roster and wrestler? And if, also for the CPU stuff or does they only appear in your own roster? And what did I read here, you can only do one match type per show?