• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
vUeKRPb.png

Fire Pro Wrestling (ファイヤープロレスリング) is a long-running professional wrestling video game series originating from Japan. It started in 1989 by Human Entertainment and is currently developed and owned by Spike Chunsoft. The series is distinguished by its grappling system, which is primarily based on timed button presses and strategy. Another signature feature of the series is its Edit mode, a character creation feature with many options to customize appearances, wrestling moves and A.I. behavior.
ED3YWAA.png

• Developer: Spike Chunsoft
  • Release Date: Early Access 07/10/2017
  • Platforms: PC & PS4 (After EA)
  • Price: 19,99$ (Probably higher after EA )
  • Trailer
  • Play Online: Organize exhibition matches, tournaments, leagues, championship bouts and battle royals with players from around the world.
  • Mix Up the Rules: Modes include Deathmatch (steel cage, barbed wire or landmines), MMA rules and no-holds barred Gruesome Fighting.
  • Unlimited Customization: Create your dream wrestler from over a thousand devastating moves and even more body parts to battle for custom championship belts. Personalize the ring, mat logos and even the referee! Share your creations over the Steam Workshop and download thousands of wrestlers without any space limitation.
  • Realistic Simulation: Give your creations personalities with a robust CPU logic system that defines their every action. Does your wrestler play to the crowd, or play dirty? You provide actors for the ringside drama.
  • Match types available at the beginning of early access:
    • Normal Match
    • Cage Deathmatch
    • Barbed Wire Deathmatch
    • Landmine Deathmatch
    • SWA Rules Match
    • Gruesome Fighting (MMA Fight)
    • Tournament
    • Battle Royal
e0zUG2n.png

"Customization is a key component in the Fire Pro series. Our initial goal was to recreate the classic gameplay and key editing features. From here we can have users help customize the game!"

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

"A few months, depending on the scope of feedback."

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

"More robust editing tools and additional game modes/match options."

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

"Fully playable with online matchmaking and basic editing tools to create custom wrestlers / belts / referees / rings / logos."

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

"Early Access users will enjoy a lower price. We're still considering the final release price."

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

"Let us know what features you would like to see implemented! Edit Mode can be daunting for new players. We're counting on Fire Pro vets to help the community unlock the full potential of the toolset!"
PDV0NoR.png

MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM GB RAM
  • Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible video card with minimum 512MB of VRAM
  • DirectX: Version 9.0
  • Storage: 4 GB available space
A27cJRX.png

oapwtn5.png

OixAvZ8.gif

kWVPHRD.png

7DABawH.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Vlomin2.png

zCoVxLK.png

If i try to play a match, it's only CPU vs CPU, how can i control one of the characters?
After you choose a wrestler, move the cursor to the left until it highlights the "CP" text next to your wrestler, then select it and move down to "1P" instead.​

I downloaded some wrestlers from the workshop but i can't find them anywhere, how can i play with them?

You have to move your downloaded wrestlers in the Team Edit from Retired to any other group. If you create an organization you also have to create at least one stable under it to move people into.

lHHK0gK.png

96RX2An.gif
GFko2Ll.gif

Last edited:

JKTrix

Oct 25, 2017
This game really is a blast to play. I had the PS2 game and didn't quite understand it, but when I tried this I managed to figure it out thanks to the tutorial missions. Lot of fun.

destillat

Oct 27, 2017
Sangenjaya
Here's the patch notes from yesterday.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/564230/discussions/2/1479856439028572015/

Version 0.9011 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

OFFLINE MODE
When opening the pulldown menu, cursor now defaults to the currently selected item.
[Settings] > [Elimination] now selectable by default regardless of number of participants.
Added option: [Settings] [Entrance Style]
EDIT MODE
Keyboard controls: Can now edit CPU logic percentages with number keys and keyboard.
Ring Edit: Custom ring texture option added.
*CUSTOM RING TEXTURES CAN BE UPLOADED TO WORKSHOP
MATCHES
Fixed bug that prevented wrestler from climbing a corner post if the round ended with a wrestler on that post.
Strike Exchange now only occurs inside the ring.
Increased time a standing wrestler stays down after being hit by flying moves. (Jump from Post/Slingshot from Apron to Inside of Ring.)
S-1 Rules Match: Small grapple moves that knock down an opponent no longer factor towards knockdown count.
Second/partner will now distract referee when active wrestler uses illegal move/weapons.
If a CPU wrestler loses due to a pin/submission, they will no longer break out after the gong.
Fixed bug where CPU wrestler would ignore an opponent hit by a CRITICAL move that doesn't knock them onto the mat.
In a tag team match, a wrestler returning to their corner after a tag will no longer be targeted.
Adjusted frequency of bleeding.
*Now less likely during a Strike Exchange and more likely when using illegal moves.
RING ENTRANCE
Multiple wrestlers may now enter ring together.
*Adjust settings from: [Settings] > [Entrance Style]
You can now move human controlled wrestlers during entrances.
When entering the ring, wrestlers now first climb onto the apron.
When Red Corner wrestler/s enter the ring, the Blue Corner wrestler/s now wait outside the ring.

Lots of ring logos on the workshop already.

Tutorial on how to create and install them:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/564230/announcements/

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering where this thread went! It's a cool game though I've been too busy to play it. I'll subscribe.

From the Steam patch notes today, there are several new moves.

[MOVES]
Added the following moves:
  • Counter > Manhattan Drop B
  • Counter > Tiltawhirl Torturerack
  • Counter > Pop-up Jumping Bomb
  • Corner to Center > Flying Double Knee Attack
  • Jump from Post > Diving Upper Elbow Smash
  • Front Grapple (SML) > Thumbing to the Eyes B
  • Front Grapple (SML) > Face Raking B
  • Front Grapple (SML) > Push Over
  • Front Grapple (MED) > European Uppercut Rush
  • Front Grapple (MED) > Airplane Spin
  • Front Grapple (MED) > Manhattan Drop B
  • Front Grapple (BIG) > Bionic Elbow
  • Front Grapple (BIG) > Testicular Claw
  • Front Grapple (BIG) > Screw Neckbreaker Drop
  • Front Grapple (BIG) > Spinning Backflip Driver
  • Back Grapple (SML) > Pull Down
  • Corner Grapple (BIG) > O'Connor Roll German Suplex

Oct 25, 2017
It's officially out of early access, along with a bunch of new moves and some anime face parts (lol).

From yesterday:

Version 1.000 was published today. We have officially left Early Access!

Please refer to this announcement for our post-Early Access plans.
We will continue to update with free content and bug fixes in the future.

Today's patch notes are as follows:
  • Fixed bug in Leagues/Tournaments where victory/loss would sometimes not register properly.
  • Fixed bug in Leagues where result screen would show the winning wrestler with the name "No Entry" and fail to display their graphic.
  • Fixed bug in League Mode where the correct wrestlers would sometimes not proceed to the finals.
  • Fixed bug in League Mode where, in a title match, the challenger would sometimes not receive the belt if they won.
  • Fixed bug in League Mode where sometimes the winner of a finals match would not be recorded, forcing you to replay the match.
  • Fixed bug in League Mode where sometimes a finals block would repeat until a wrestler beat everyone else consecutively.
  • League matches now proceed in a more even distribution between wrestlers. (Previously, there was a tendency for a single wrestler to perform all their matches before other wrestlers.)
EDIT MODE
  • Added "Overwrite" option to Edit Wrestler load menu.
  • Face part scale arrows now scale at 1% per click. (Previously 2%.)
  • Added 2 more Priority Attack slots to CPU logic. (12 total)
  • Fixed bug preventing certain renamed moves from displaying properly.
  • Added support for four player matches.
MATCHES
  • Match-specific Match Evaluation criteria implemented for Deathmatches, SWA Rules Match and S-1 Rules Match.
PARTS
The following edit parts were added:
FACE
  • Base Part 698 – Anime female (Normal)
  • Base Part 699 – Anime female (Normal) > Separated
  • Base Part 700 – Anime female (Cool)
  • Base Part 701 – Anime female (Cool) > Separated
  • Base Part 702 – Anime female (Adult)
  • Base Part 703 – Anime female (Adult) > Separated
  • Sub Part 699 (1) – Anime female (Normal) > Eyelashes/eyebrows/pupils
  • Sub Part 699 (2) – Anime female (Normal) > Eyeball and eye highlights
  • Sub Part 699 (3) – Anime female (Normal) > Lipstick
  • Sub Part 701 (1) – Anime female (Cool) > Eyelashes/eyebrows/pupils
  • Sub Part 701 (2) – Anime female (Cool) > Eyeball and eye highlights
  • Sub Part 701 (3) – Anime female (Cool) > Lipstick
  • Sub Part 703 (1) – Anime female (Adult) > Eyelashes/eyebrows/pupils
  • Sub Part 703 (2) – Anime female (Adult) > Eyeball and eye highlights
  • Sub Part 703 (3) – Anime female (Adult) > Lipstick
[MOVES]
The following moves were added:
  • Standing (BIG) > Fierce Low Kick
  • Counter > Toe Kick B
  • Jump From Post > Double Rotation Moonsault
  • Front Grapple (SML) > Toe Kick B
  • Front Grapple (MED) > Short Elbow B
  • Front Grapple (MED) > Jawbreaker B
  • Front Grapple (BIG) > Screw Neckbreaker Drop B
  • Back Grapple (BIG) > Turning Two-Step Knee Kick
  • Back Grapple (BIG) > Full Nelson
  • Opponent Down - Facing Up, Near Head > Running Middle Kick
  • Double Team - Corner Grapple > Double Impact
  • Voice now plays for Counter > Pop-up Jumping Bomb.
  • Changed category for Corner Grapple > Kinniku Buster to [Rear Blow to Head]

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Congrats Fire Pro Wrestling World Era, you're our next Community Spotlight! Hopefully the move gets some more wrestlers into the thread!

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I can't wait for play the story mode. As someone that doesn't know anything about wrestling, but had a lot of fun with some N64 and GC wrestling games, I need a story mode to be engaged outside the multiplayer sesions. I also want to try the promoter mode, I read that the GBA games had that mode and was a blast.

Nov 4, 2017
I'm a Wrestler too!

I even made a trailer for this Sundays WrestleMania using this game..

Last edited:

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for play the story mode. As someone that doesn't know anything about wrestling, but had a lot of fun with some N64 and GC wrestling games, I need a story mode to be engaged outside the multiplayer sesions. I also want to try the promoter mode, I read that the GBA games had that mode and was a blast.

I really hope we'll get something truly mental, like the story Suda51 wrote for Super Fire Prowrestling Special.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
In case ya'll don't know, the PC version has been busted open in the best way by the community.

For example, some in the community just released a total of 173 new moves to the game.

If ya'll are waiting for the console version, you really are waiting for the inferior version. So much is available on PC via mods that the PS4 version looks like a legit afterthought.

anthraxus

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Not to mention all the other awesome mods in the Carlzilla suite. For example, the modified damage scale option makes it so that the big moves actually end matches.

This combined with the average setting for match pacing in the bookings mod, makes the matches so much more realistic, instead of them dragging on and on for way too long. (I also use the slower ref count option in the more match options mod and usually get (non jobber) matches going for around 20 minutes (game time)....which is perfect for me.

Couldn't see myself playing this vanilla anymore.

As far as good creators...I use DJKM's edits (with some tweaking of my own to move sets and parameters) and use the copy edit appearance mod so I can apply Captain Howdy's excellent appearances to the DJKM edits.

Don't do modern wrestling though, so this works great for my old school base.

Last edited:

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait were these moves hidden in the game or something? That is awesome.

No. The community made them.

As in, hacked them into the game.

They were asked to stop by Spike until development on the game ceased, because Spike also plans on adding moves.

Those moves will never be in the PS4 version.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic series and game. It can probably run on a low spec laptop so I'd really recommend picking it up, you can buy the ps4 version too. Spike deserves money.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I don't know anything about the world of wrestling, but I want to add to my game a small number of wrestlers so I can have fun playing with wrestlers with cool movesets. So I was thinking to check the roster of my old 64 and GC games, and select some guys at random, but I think that could be more fun if I ask here a list of around 10-20 of your favourite wrestlers to begin with. Thanks!

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Does this game have much single player content? Like say if I wanted to make my own custom wrestler and bring him/her through a campaign/story, does the game support that?

Tchocky

Oct 27, 2017
Does this game have much single player content? Like say if I wanted to make my own custom wrestler and bring him/her through a campaign/story, does the game support that?

Currently you can create tournaments/leagues and play against the AI but nothing more elaborate than that. They are working on two pieces of DLC that should be more what you want one is a NJPW story mode which they have been recording voice acting for recently and have said it will be you working your way from rookie up to champion. The other is a promoter mode which is a management sim which was due to be released already but has been delayed.

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
Does this have 4k resolution?

Also, is there any way modders will be able to make single player content? Like a No Mercy style campaign for example?

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they fix the selling in this game. That's the only problem I see. It was ok in Returns and much better in past games.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this to share that a Royal Rumble mod was made for the PC version (part of Carlzilla's mod suite), so you can actually do 30 man battle royals instead of being locked to just 8.

It also can do more than 30, but this is based on your PC's memory capabilities.

Does this have 4k resolution?

Also, is there any way modders will be able to make single player content? Like a No Mercy style campaign for example?

The NJPW content includes a story mode, even with voice acting!

I believe there is data files for a story editor that was datamined, but I'm not sure if this turned into the NJPW story mode, or if they're going to allow you to create your own stories. Seeing as the game is big on editing, I do imagine the latter.

EDIT: And just as I posted this, an Iron Man match type was modded into the game.

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
Is the NJPW content released?
I'm really torn between PS4 and PC. I really love the idea of the mods but I just don't play games on my PC any more.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to get into this series, what's the best way?

Is there any ongoing storylines? Any competitive scene?

Zero-Crescent

Oct 28, 2017
Release date for the PS4 version and NJPW content was announced on a poster at the Best of Super Juniors:
August 9th, 2018

destillat

Oct 27, 2017
Sangenjaya
Physical version (no DLC): ¥6294
Digital Deluxe (+dlc): ¥10584
Limited edition physical (no DLC): ¥10584
Season Pass: ¥5480

They're nuts.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Thanks for sharing the release date. I hope the dlc/expansion (for the PC version) is juicy in content :D

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this game. Bummed that I waited decades to finally play the series, but it never was really possible for me until this released.

Been playing off and on again for the past few months, but I really dived into it this past week.

Had Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks for my tag titles, I played as Omega and let the CPU control Ibushi. I just couldn't overcome the Bucks constant superkicks (and suck it taunts). I tried again as Styles & Nakamura, lost again. Tried again and again as other tag teams to dethrone the Bucks. Decided to sim Rusev & English vs Bucks. Good back and forth, but Rusev demolished them in the end. Rusev Day new tag champs.

Those few matches for the tag titles finally cemented me as a firm believer in Fire Pro. The drama of the in-ring action was there, it was like I was watching a long term story unfold before my eyes with no story mode. All because the gameplay was superb. I've never simmed matches in any wrestling game before, but I can now see the appeal after finding myself smiling with Rusev Day getting the pinfall victory.

Can't wait for the Fire Promoter DLC.