• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Firefox Quantum |OT| - Ground up redesign with new speed engine, UI, & extensions

Oct 25, 2017
So since today I can't use Gmail or What'sApp Web in Firefox anymore.

Gmail throws this error:

Code:
Corrupted Content Error

The site at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
And What'sApp Web claims:

Code:
Computer not connected
Make sure your computer has an active Internet connection.
which both is nonsense, Thunderbird can still connect to Gmail and the What'sApp Win10 Desktop app works. Clearing the cache didn't help.

Is anyone having the same issue?

EDIT: I fixed it, I forgot I disabled IPv6 support in Firefox before when I tried to troubleshoot a server-connection ages ago, I reenabled it and everything works again!

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know if they've made changes to the spell-check?

If I screw up a word it seems to ignore it once I've started typing more, so basically I get to the end of a paragraph and the spelling problems are no longer underlined.

Nov 11, 2017
Since this is the Firefox OT, I figured this might be a good place to ask this. Starting today, I've noticed whenever I open Firefox, it prompts me for my master password, before going to my home page. Currently on FF 66.0.03, and after reinstalling and backing up my profile, I'm still seeing this. I'm also not using Sync, so I don't it has anything to do with that.

Not sure sure if anyone else has experienced this. Doing a Google search, it seems like people were having this issue a few years ago. I did notice this person on Reddit seems to have the same issue.

Nov 10, 2017
I had to reset Firefox and now I have a little problem: when I open a YouTube video in a new tab, it doesn't automatically load.

Now some months ago Firefox used to prevent playback until you'd switch to the tab in question (fixable by changing media.block-autoplay-until-in-foreground;false in about:config), but this is different: now I have to actually press the play button.

Any help?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I had to reset Firefox and now I have a little problem: when I opena a YouTube video in a new tab, it doesn't automatically load.

Now some months ago Firefox used to prevent playback until you'd switch to the tab in question (fixable by changing media.block-autoplay-until-in-foreground;false in about:config), but this is different: now I have to actually press the play button.

Any help?
Same thing with me since I last updated.

Oct 25, 2017
Sejanoz cheers!

Any Mac users here? Long time FF user, but whenever I have the browser open for long period without fully quiting, the memory use goes way out of hand. This has been happening for years but I just persevered and would normally restart firefox or open Activity Monitor and close the multiple FirefoxCP Web Content activties. However, this never happpens to me in Chrome or Vivaldi. I think its been long enough and may start making a move to Vivaldi as my main browser. Anyone have any tips?