• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having issues with the latest version with the May Windows 10 update?

I just updated Windows and have been having random connectivity issues and Firefox locking up.

edit: there's a new Firefox update which might have fixed it for me.

Last edited:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I have a question, is there a way to stop Firefox from saving images from Twitter as name.jpg_orig?
That's a Twitter thing. It's the same for Chrome. It means it's displaying the original image and not a compressed one. You just need to edit the (or write a new) extension when you're a saving the picture (from ".jpg_orig" to just ".jpg").

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
That's a Twitter thing. It's the same for Chrome. It means it's displaying the original image and not a compressed one. You just need to edit the (or write a new) extension when you're a saving the picture (from ".jpg_orig" to just ".jpg").

Yeah I'm aware of the underlying cause but it's kind a bit of a bummer as I use an addon that enables me to save images to different kind of folders on the fly and sadly this keeps the _orig so I have to go into the folder afterwards and remove them manually. I hoped there would be an addon that truncates the _orig automatically.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm aware of the underlying cause but it's kind a bit of a bummer as I use an addon that enables me to save images to different kind of folders on the fly and sadly this keeps the _orig so I have to go into the folder afterwards and remove them manually. I hoped there would be an addon that truncates the _orig automatically.

Don't know of an addon, but you could download Advanced Renamer and set-up a Replace rule - Text To Be Replaced ".jpg_orig", Replace With ".jpg" would work, I imagine. Still a bit of hassle, but streamlines the process a little.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Dunno if it's the same issue, but some time ago my pc suddenly started saving jpgs as .jfif (which I believe is the same format in which it saves those "jpg:orig" photos from Twitter, because I remember trying to save some hi-res pics from Twitter a while back and seeing this weird extension)

I solved the problem by doing what's mentioned in the OP here. Now that I read your post I tried saving a jpg:orig photo from Twitter and it saved it as a jpg without the "orig". It's worth a try

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know of an addon, but you could download Advanced Renamer and set-up a Replace rule - Text To Be Replaced ".jpg_orig", Replace With ".jpg" would work, I imagine. Still a bit of hassle, but streamlines the process a little.
Dunno if it's the same issue, but some time ago my pc suddenly started saving jpgs as .jfif (which I believe is the same format in which it saves those "jpg:orig" photos from Twitter, because I remember trying to save some hi-res pics from Twitter a while back and seeing this weird extension)

I solved the problem by doing what's mentioned in the OP here. Now that I read your post I tried saving a jpg:orig photo from Twitter and it saved it as a jpg without the "orig". It's worth a try

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately the .jfif fix didn't help in my case but it's interesting that I had this flaw in my registry aswell. I'll look into Advanced Renamer tomorrow!

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Are... are the new Firefox update release notes blank for anyone else?

I can see them here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/67.0.3/releasenotes/

Seems to be exclusively a security fix.

CVE-2019-11707: Type confusion in Array.pop
Reporter: Samuel Groß of Google Project Zero, Coinbase Security

Impact: critical

Description:

A type confusion vulnerability can occur when manipulating JavaScript objects due to issues in Array.pop. This can allow for an exploitable crash. We are aware of targeted attacks in the wild abusing this flaw.

References:

EDIT
About this fix:
Originally reported to Mozilla by members of Google Project Zero and Coinbase Security, the bug lets hackers use manipulated javascript code to trick users into visiting websites that deploy malicious code onto their PCs. This is a serious vulnerability, and the Mozilla Security board is urging all users to install the updates immediately—It's even bad enough that the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency has even gotten involved in spreading the word about the patch.

EDIT 2

Last edited:

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure what's going on since this last update, but my tabs are crashing continuously.

...and when they're not crashing, they're reloading when I click them.

Last edited:

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Anyone else using the ResetEra VideoGif extension? I noticed it's replacing gifs into plain jpgs, instead of gifvs/webms.
Is it a bug? Something on my end? Do you know who made the extension?

EDIT: looks like it only happens with Imgur gifs

Last edited:

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
For those that don't like the new Recommended Extensions program in about:addons, just put extensions.htmlaboutaddons.recommendations.enabled at false in about:config

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone,
New user here coming from Google Chrome, is there a way to change how Bookmarks are displayed? I'm not a fan of the sidebar. I want something that looked like what I had on Chrome

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm on the right place, but this forum won't let me view the twitter media on some certain thread. Whenever I embed the Twitter media, the dialog popped up and said "Loading tweet", then disappears in a few seconds and all I seen is a blank but the embed media is still there. I'm on Firefox 69.0.1 and my browser engine is DuckDuckGo. Same happened on my mobile as well.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I'm on the right place, but this forum won't let me view the twitter media on some certain thread. Whenever I embed the Twitter media, the dialog just said "Loading tweet", and then disappeared in a few seconds. I'm on Firefox 69.0.1 and my browser engine is DuckDuckGo. Same happened on the mobile as well.
Not certain on your issue, but if you have tracker blocking enabled on Firefox, it can block tweets. Clicking the shield icon/site information (near the address bar) and turning off blocking for this site will let tweets and some other embeds show up normally.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I'm not sure if I'm on the right place, but this forum won't let me view the twitter media on some certain thread. Whenever I embed the Twitter media, the dialog popped up and said "Loading tweet", then disappears in a few seconds and all I seen is a blank but the embed media is still there. I'm on Firefox 69.0.1 and my browser engine is DuckDuckGo. Same happened on my mobile as well.

Do you have any kind of adblocker or content blocker installed? Twitter seems to have changed the underlying functionality of their different widgets lately, and lots of blockers haven't been updated properly yet. As Hella mentions, it might also affect the baked-in tracking blocking functionality of Firefox.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using uBlock Origin.

This is what it looks like when it got blocked.

TmJsaXr.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably why. One of your filters is blocking Twitter for the time being. Try updating them, and if it doesn't work just disable the one responsible for the problem until the filter's provider figures out a workaround to the recent Twitter changes.
The current is 1.22.2 and it still affected that. The options has load of complex list and I have no idea where I find to disable it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I'm current on recent is 1.22.2 and it still affected that. The options has load of complex list and I have no idea where I find to disable it.

Go into Ublock Origin preferences (also called the dashboard), and go into the "filter lists" tab.

Things to try:

- If there's a big yellow "update now" button near the top, press that. It will update all your filters. Now try again. Is the Twitter widget loading correctly? If yes, success! If not, then:

- It's probably one of your filters that is responsible for the problem. My guess is something with "Social" or "Social Media" in the name. Find it (or them) and just untick the box left of the filter name. Then press the "Apply Changes" yellow button. Once done, try to load a page with a Twitter widget. If it solves the issue, wait a few weeks before enabling the filters again for the filter provider to push the right updates.

Oct 25, 2017
I've updated all of them. (I have 9 installed) and none of them found any related to "social" or "social media". I probably not have it installed in the plugin.

And iirc, I don't think Twitter.com support widgets anymore. It was disconnected from June 2016.

Oct 25, 2017
I have something similar to this issue

The error URL from his uBlock Origin filter is the same issue I'm having. But the problem is I can't seem to find a way to make it works cuz the whitelist thing is too complex for my standard.

And another this, but this one is still unsolved, so it's probably that is.

Oct 25, 2017
I give up. I just tried unchecked all filters and everything, and still no luck.

The last thing I checked it with "logger' from uBlock, and all I found was this
cPZJWXZ.png

There were more like URL but it was randomly gibberish just like the above, and it doesn't means anything as when I disabled this already.

And this is my filter:

LB4xVBI.png

I'm tired, just tried, man....

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Futabaisthebest<3 I'd recommend running Firefox in safe mode (Help > Restart with all add-ons disabled). That will tell you whether it's an add-on or Firefox itself.

However, I don't use uBlock so I'm no help with that, unfortunately.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017

If you have the duckduckgo extension, check show embedded tweets is enabled:

BxKSxrW.png

Oct 25, 2017
Really depends which one you are using. The native DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser app didn't even expose an option to allow it from what I could see. Had no such problems using Firefox Preview app.

I'm using a DDGo app, though. Maybe I can try switch back to Safari since I've already installed DDGo search engine in it.

Last edited:

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm using a DDGo app, though. Maybe I can try switch back to Safari since I've already installed DDGo search engine in it.

Yeah, try with a different browser app. Changing the default search engine in your browser of choice to use DDG shouldn't mess with tweets embedded in pages you view. It seems that the DDG app seems to have this behaviour as a default you can't (yet) override.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018