• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't access Crave.ca anymore on Firefox. Deleting my cache and cookies doesn't do anything. The error message that pops up when trying to access the url is "the page could not be redirected correctly".

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Firefox randomly opens when windows 10 boots to the desktop. I don't understand why; sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. How do I make it stop?

PGamer

Nov 28, 2017
Firefox randomly opens when windows 10 boots to the desktop. I don't understand why; sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. How do I make it stop?

MS added a feature to Windows 10 where applications can be set to run on startup if they were running when the system was previously shutdown. Firefox apparently added support for this a while back. You should be able to disable it following this: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-starts-automatically-when-i-restart-window

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Firefox is still the only browser that supports my Surface Pen properly (besides vanilla Edge) so unless Microsoft somehow fix Chromium I won't be using a Chromium browser again.

Windows nightlies have been unstable as fuck recently though.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
MS added a feature to Windows 10 where applications can be set to run on startup if they were running when the system was previously shutdown. Firefox apparently added support for this a while back. You should be able to disable it following this: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-starts-automatically-when-i-restart-window
The thing is, Firefox was never running when it happened; I always close it before rebooting or shutting down my computer. Maybe it's because the delay between closing firefox and shutting down my computer is too small? In any case, I have set to false the aforementioned value. We'll see if it changes. Thank you!

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
PiP always opens the video on my second screen. That one is not always turned on. Is there a way to make it always use my main screen?

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
So in the last month (more or less) Firefox started acting strange with Twitch and Spotify, especially when I have them in background or I'm on another tab. Playback would stop and I'd have to pause and restart multiple times to get them to work. Another thing is the control bar on Twitch disappearing no matter how much I would hover in/out of the video frame. Sometimes it appears again but I'd have to be fast and not move the cursor out of the frame, otherwise it'll disappear again lol.

Any idea what could cause it? I was thinking at the PiP feature, but I don't think I have it enabled (I believe I actually disabled it when I started seeing these symptoms)

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Have they made any changes recently that would turn performance into complete garbage for me? In some browser windows (like discord, but also others) I'm finding myself typing and it taking a while to catch up.

Edit - I just turned off hardware acceleration, and now the text is being entered with no delay, but I've got glitchy scrolling.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to change the default position of the picture-in-picture? I'd like it at the top-right instead of the bottom-right.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I installed the new MS Edge so of course it prompts to be the default browser whenever I click a link in e.g. Discord. And of course Windows isn't letting me pick Firefox as the default.
Gonna try to reinstall Firefox and see if that fixes it

edit: yep, reinstalling brings Firefox back as a default browser choice. Easy enough, still annoying.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Probably also worth mentioning that Fenix (the new rewritten Android port) is supposed to be officially replacing the current one (Fennec) sometime this spring:

Firefox for Android upgrade FAQs | Mozilla Support

This article addresses a series of common questions that you might have regarding the Firefox upgrade on Android.

Personally I think it's a little premature, since it sounds like the extension support won't have reached parity with Fennec until after that, but I guess they don't want the cutover date to be too close to the 68 branch EoL in case there are last minute delays.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Switched over to Firefox from Chrome around August of last year, and I'm getting a little frustrated with it. Some sites just work way faster with Chrome or Edge(Chromium). And some sites don't work very well at all. (justwatch.com is an example)
Tempted to give Edge a shot as my main browser, but I guess I will stick it out a bit longer. Privacy is important to me, and it seems like Firefox is the best option in that regard.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to kill tabs without actually closing them? The way the Chrome task manager works (Firefox task manager only has the option to close the tab, and doesn't actually list all of them).

brassica

Oct 26, 2017
France
Hi everyone!
I recently switched from Chrome To Firefox.
So far everything is ok, except one tiny bug : If I click on a PDF file, hundred of blank tabs would open.
Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
How is everyones' resource management with Firefox? I have five tabs of ERA open and the sixth one being Chilled Cow playing in the background, and yet Firefox is using 1.1GB of ram. Even when just opening Firefox to ERA and the Youtube homepage, it's using 700MB. I feel that's a little high, I thought this new redesign was suppose to help with it's resource management.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is everyones' resource management with Firefox? I have five tabs of ERA open and the sixth one being Chilled Cow playing in the background, and yet Firefox is using 1.1GB of ram. Even when just opening Firefox to ERA and the Youtube homepage, it's using 700MB. I feel that's a little high, I thought this new redesign was suppose to help with it's resource management.
More or less the same here. It seems fine to me; that's 6% of my total RAM. Firefox's memory management shows its strength when you have a lot of tabs open (apparently with 30+ tabs open Firefox uses less RAM than Chrome).

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
I used to have a bookmark that'd open your bookmarks manager in the current tab. they recently broke it but I found out changing the url to "chrome://browser/content/places/places.xhtml" will give you the same effect.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Firefox Preview 3.0 is out now with initial add on support for ublock origin finally.