• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Not to be confused with the 2003 masterpiece by Tommy Wiseau, the studio behind the popular mobile game series "The Room" is considering porting the series to Nintendo Switch.

This is something I've been wanting ever since VOEZ came out and was initially a touch screen driven game. If you never heard of the series, basically it's like one of those old puzzle boxes with a number of physical mechanisms on them. By figuring out how to open each one, you access another puzzle box within and the story involves the research of an unnamed person into the fifth classical element. Each game is really fun and cheap too, you can get the first two on Steam and all three of them on iOS and Android. I'll provide some screenshots of the game if you're curious I'll provide some screenshots of the various games below, but would you be interested in The Room series being brought over to the Switch?

A1YxxGVcrFL.jpg

Qbd9jK2qFfE5MVwjwg_oJFX4aEIVb1H6maCxAIuzmelNIoXobblC3455JPKqTWAzu5wm=h900

hr3_VDS77SwQF79oHE3SvhhPTKgUtcJ8u5HRKPb2-r27htUoO7Ybiv6XQRKF1-yMwU8=h900

Last edited:

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. The more premium mobile games the better, just don't increase the price for the same game just because it's on a non-mobile platform. See: Gorogoa for $15 on Switch and Steam vs $5 on iOS.

OP
OP
Pix

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. The more premium mobile games the better, just don't increase the price for the same game just because it's on a non-mobile platform. See: Gorogoa for $15 on Switch and Steam vs $5 on iOS.
Considering both The Room 1 and 2 are $5 each on Steam, I don't think they likely will.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Already own these on mobile, but why not, go for it. When I finally by a Switch, the one thing I am going to enjoy the most is having so many of these smaller games on the eShop, and the Room Series is one of those titles that would be perfect. Seriously excited in the idea of having an actual game console where all my favorite indies are on there together.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
There's nothing wrong with more choice, but I'm struggling to understand why someone would want this to be ported to Switch when you can already play this series perfectly on both your smartphone and tablet.

Fantastic games though but if someone is thinking of checking them out I can assure you there's no reason to wait for the potential Switch versions. Just get them now and thank me later.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did not port it, it's not true, it's bullshit, I did not port it, I did not

Oh hi mark

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
...I didn't realize they had made PC ports of these! They are the only insta-buy games for me on iOS. Currently playing through the new one right now, and it's just as great as the others.

Normally, I'd agree with others here: a Switch version isn't super-necessary, as the mobile versions are inexpensive and great, but I'm for anything that leads to more success for Fireproof Games. They clearly put a lot of love into their games.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds interesting. I'd be down for the right price. I feel like I'll be buying a lot of 5-15$ games this year now that I own a Switch.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
1. If the Switch versions were to be based on the PC versions, they would be about as good as most "remastered" versions today, relative to the original.
2. Now I'm just thinking about VR versions of these games, and how well they would translate!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a lot of games got ported to every console, the world would be a better place to live

Alaxend0l

Dec 6, 2017
I would love this! PC version graphics on a small tablet? Awesome!

Do you think that the game would work in docked mode? The best thing I could think of is left stick to move a cursor, right stick to move the camera. If they can make that work, it would look fantastic on a big screen!

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Sounds great, but their ports take forever.

How about getting the latest game on Android first?