• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Firesprite (The Playroom/The Persistence) who were a spin-off studio when SCE Studio Liverpool (Psygnosis) closed have been doing a lot of hiring lately. Some of their job listings refer to them working on a new IP, however more interesting is that they are working on a new PSVR title as referenced here:

https://jobs.gamesindustry.biz/amiqus-games/uk-and-europe/3d-artist-id103235

They are seeking experienced 3D Modellers to work on a variety of projects and help them take a globally recognised multi-million selling action RPG and create a full form PlayStation VR game

Based on the listing directly mentioning PlayStation VR and not other VR platforms, it's possible that it could be a Sony owned IP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toumari

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
It's probably worth noting that the studio has a great relationship with Sony still, so it's most likely a Sony owned IP like Horizon.

Oct 27, 2017
No surprised but nice to have a confirmation of the platform :)

The fact it's a recognised IP is pretty surprising. And it says "action-RPG" so it's not Dungeons & Dragons or something like that. Really wonder what are we looking at here.

Also, Firesprite had already 75 dev last July and was working on "multiple projects" at this time.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

hmmm, what if they create an FPS set

during the war against the rogue machines that were infected by the Faro plague. From the minute I read about that war in the game I instantly wanted a shooter set during that. I'd settle for a VR game where you are put into fights like these:

latest

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Traditional Horizon gameplay seems too fast paced for VR. But then Sony don't have many other rpg's, less so multi-million selling ones.
Exactly. I can only be Horizon VR. They could make a game similar to Skyrim VR with the Horizon IP. They wouldn't work on an IP that they don't own.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, I loved the Persistence. I'm game.

Edit: I doubt it very much but... A spin off Monster Hunter VR game?

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I really enjoyed the persistence. Didn't think it would be my type of game but after the recommendations on here I gave the newer demo a shot and was well worth a purchase.

I wonder what it is. I hope it's move compatible.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You joke but I would seriously kill someone for a well done first person Souls game in VR.

Check out In Death. Not a Souls-like but the closest in VR that's not a mod, has a vibe similar to Boletaria and exploration feels very similar.

I really want a first person souls-like in VR as well. And a first person metroidvania.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Horizon VR would be a cool way to get more mileage out of the IP.

The only thing that gives me pause is that the general expectation seems to be there'll be a Horizon sequel on PS5 at or near its launch (i.e. late 2020).

A Horizon VR game close to that, potentially? Is it too much?

Maybe these are rather different markets though, to a certain extent.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Sounds more like a multi million selling IP for PS4 and another game for PSVR.

Or did I misunderstood something ?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It's great that PSVR is getting a lot of support from Sony and developers, I guess they feel it's worthwhile and I bet if there's a PSVR2 it is going to blow some fucking minds.

Persistence was one of those games that looked a bit dull from the outset so I was surprised to hear that it did well, and it's great for Firesprite, maybe one day they will make Wipeout again...In my dreams.