• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt this have some performance issues on consoles? I'm interested in seeing how this runs on switch.

Insaniac

Jul 27, 2018
Neat to finally see this! Just an interesting tidbit: my brother and cousin filmed the trailer :) We have a youtube channel withoutdoor vids and we were contacted to film the outdoor parts of the trailer.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Is this the first time there has been a Valve game on a Nintendo console? :D

(Kindda)
It's not a Valve game, not even kinda. Everything related to Firewatch is completely unrelated to the Valve move.

Didnt this have some performance issues on consoles? I'm interested in seeing how this runs on switch.
They've heavily optimized it for Switch and those optimizations will be brought to other versions, as per the announcement blog from April.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been interested in this for a while now, I'll hold on for a while for a possible physical edition. Exciting!

Oct 25, 2017
Really fantastic game.

Really cool little game, sadly not very replayable at all. But if you don't have it yet, it's worth a buy.

I'd say it's replayable in the sense a great book or movie is rewatchable or rereadable, it's the game equivalent of that. I've revisited it since I originally played it. The overall experience doesn't change but if you like what the experience is, it's enjoyable to immerse yourself in again. See the story and the characters, experience the visuals and the music etc

sur le web

Nov 8, 2017
Really fantastic game.

I'd say it's replayable in the sense a great book or movie is rewatchable or rereadable, it's the game equivalent of that. I've revisited it since I originally played it. The overall experience doesn't change but if you like what the experience is, it's enjoyable to immerse yourself in again. See the story and the characters, experience the visuals and the music etc
I mean there are branching dialogue trees (although they don't change much outside of the dialogues themselves), and the developer commentary is well worth listening to.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there <I>are</i> branching dialogue trees (although they don't change much outside of the dialogues themselves), and the developer commentary is well worth listening to.

Oh 100%. I didn't want to dig in to it too deeply since I appreciate what the other poster was saying and just giving my own take on that but yes, I would agree with there being some variable elements that are worth checking out on extra runs.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
This is my favourite 'walking-simulator' type of game. It tackles very mature themes that you rarely see in games but it's also engaging from an exploration and gameplay perspective. Much better than something like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture which put me to sleep.

lukus99

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone planning on picking this up today? I played the intro on a friends PS4 a couple of years ago and I'd love to finally play it all. I've not seen any videos/articles on performance though.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Game is up on eShop (can confirm for EU at least):

I'm waiting for impressions but I am ready to dip one more time :)

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
I think this doesn't needs a new thread, but this happened to me and found it hilarious. I liked the game but the pop-in is so atrocious it allowed me to fall to the void.