• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The details come from Sepide Donne at FromSoftware in an interview with Zoomg: https://www.zoomg.ir/2018/6/8/275995/fromsoftware-consept-artist-interview/

The interview is NOT in English, but here's the key points (thanks to Toolifercle for the details, Google Translate for me cross-checking things).

-Shadows Die Twice is still soulsborne-esque in ways, buuut with totally different gameplay and theme, but they cannot say anymore right now on the specifics.
-They say the story is deep and fantastic.
-They're going to show us the actual gameplay this week. It's fresh and again, totally different from Dark Souls.
-They are working on 3 projects right now. Shadows Die Twice, a new VR game (which will be announced this week as well), and an unannounced game.
-The wish to release one game in a year as their target for releasing their games right now.

It's not much and we'll see two of these games very soon, but as the first 'official' word since reveal for Shadows Die Twice I thought it might be topic worthy.

Ichtyander

Oct 25, 2017
Something totally different from Dark Souls, sounds exciting, can't wait to see what they have in store.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Before even reading the OP I said to myself "dark fantasy action RPG not exactly like Souls or Bloodborne," and yep, that's basically it.

Wonder if Armored Core VR is coming.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I actually hope SDT isn't the real name - maybe it'll grow on me, but right now, meh. Unlike Bloodborne which was an instantly classic game name.

There day 1 regardless though, obv.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It's great that they've been so successful thanks to the Dark Souls series but goodness, Cant they do something different. They've practically put out 5 of the same type of game (Dark Souls 1-3, Demons Soul and Bloodborne) yes all three are different but their also the same.

Where's the sequel to Ninja Blade or Otogi.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
'The story is deep and fantastic'

Gonna maintain mild cynicism towards that based on their past games.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
It's great that they've been so successful thanks to the Dark Souls series but goodness, Cant they do something different. They've practically put out 5 of the same type of game (Dark Souls 1-3, Demons Soul and Bloodborne) yes all three are different but their also the same.

Where's the sequel to Ninja Blade or Otogi.

It's supposed to be much different from those games according to people close to development like Omnipotent.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced at this point it's the spiritual successor to Kuon and they're making a horror game

Because holy fuck I want a FromSoft horror title

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
Im in regardless but a fromsoft VR game will push me to buy PSVR if its supported.
Also that third game which is unannounced might be BB2 lol

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced at this point it's the spiritual successor to Kuon and they're making a horror game

Because holy fuck I want a FromSoft horror title
As I've said this a bit publicly at this point, don't expect a horror game exactly.... But this game is also not horror-less. It'll be revealed soon.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we'll see gameplay this week. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the game will be like.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Hmm, I am also thinking Armored Core VR. Would be neat, but I hope VR is just an option.

Did we ever decide if SDT is the "weird" thing Miyazaki mentioned or the game similar to Dark Souls?

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
an unannounced game.
D31057E3-5E43-4A22-A167-C36AA725F9EA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.