• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Still soulsborne-esque but totally different"

giphy.gif

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Good, give us something new. And before I forget it, fucking patch Bloodborne finally!!!

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
As I've said this a bit publicly at this point, don't expect a horror game exactly.... But this game is also not horror-less. It'll be revealed soon.

Super hyped if it has horror themes and will have a unique spin on the soulsborne formula. I am also really wondering what that VR thing is.

Is the VR thing possibly tied to the same title/universe and published by the same company or completely different, OUFF the excitement.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I cant fucking believe it..another NEW souls borne ip by FROM.

I think this is the best and most interesting outcome. Maybe FROM should really go with this instead of sequels.

Mistle

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Pumped. Even though I'm new to the series, and there's plenty on Souls style games to get through (gotta play Demon's and 3), I'm happy they're going to try something fresh. Super curious what they're cooking up

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The only things I'll say before this game is revealed, which I can say for a fact, is the game has Tenchu, Kuon, and Souls inspiration. Take that as you will. I've already said this before so I'll say it again, but the reveal is super soon.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Absolutely insane that they are aiming for that yearly release schedule again. The people at From are beasts!

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Like I said in the other thread...
I get what you're saying, but the narrative design is a big thing which keeps the intrigue going years after release.

I think the storytelling is ultimately more interesting than the actual story in these games and it's fun noticing patterns and items which connect stuff together.

Laying it all out wouldn't be as fun I think cause it's still just dark fantasy not doing much new.

I think there are things that can be done to make it better as well, but Bloodborne was already an improvement in this respect. It was already a bit less opaque.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect their story chops to be all that different with maybe some more cutscenes. If all NPCs would flap their mouths when they speak that would already be a quantum leap from what they have been doing up till now.
Maybe someone will pay them to make a good Steel Battalion game this time for VR. We at least don't have to worry about unresponsive controlls for that anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
I get what you're saying, but the narrative design is a big thing which keeps the intrigue going years after release.

I think the storytelling is ultimately more interesting than the actual story in these games and it's fun noticing patterns and items which connect stuff together.

I think there are things that can be done to make it better as well, but Bloodborne was already an improvement in this respect. It was already a bit less opaque.

I definitely see this point. I am not totally against it, and having completed/platted BB a little over a month ago, I finally need to dive into the Paleblood write up that was worked on.

Unless somehow EA is publishing it, it has to be Microsoft or Sony right?

It is multiplat though. And there are plenty of other Western Publishers.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Totally different gameplay? That's the main reason I play Souls games. Hopefully it's not radically different.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not particularly inspiring news thus far, especially for those of us desperate for a Bloodborne follow-up, but at this point, wishing for sequels to any Sony games that aren't developed in-house at a Western Sony studio seems like a fool's hope.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
my hopes

Shadows die is tenchu inspired
vr is kings field
unannounced is ac

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, please just tell us if it's gonna be today or tomorrow. I'm dying of thirst here, man

Tenchu, Kuno + Souls sounds amazing.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Bloodborne wasn't a horror game either, but it did have the atmosphere of one, so I'm no longer sure what to expect here, aside from a Kuon like setting perhaps. I'm also wondering if all the talk about it being a survival horror game will turn out to be true, I'd love that.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I see this being at the Microsoft conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.