• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
here is my translation of all she said about it, I tried to get it as close to a literal translation as possible.

"Expect a completely different experience in a "Miyazaki-esque" background! Our new game will be somewhat similar to "Souls" and "Blood" except with a completely different theme and gameplay. Unfortunately, I can not give any further information to public.

In our new trailer that will be published in a few days, we are holding back the fantasy attractions to slowly surprise you but you can expect to see a very exciting and "free" gameplay accompanied by a completely new series of options than Souls. This game has an extraordinary and deep story and I hope that like me you love it."

Thanks, but what does it mean by 'holding back the fantasy attractions'?

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Suddenly I'm thinking the VR game might be a Bloodborne or Dark Souls spin-off. Not quite as exciting a prospect as a 'proper' title maybe, but it'd certainly be interesting to see.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's going to be at the Microsoft conference. Not exclusive though.

JohanKRS

Oct 27, 2017
Torres, RS - Brazil
Shadows Die Twice is still soulsborne-esque in ways, buuut with totally different gameplay and theme, but they cannot say anymore right now on the specifics.

I really hope that the "soulsborne-esque" part is is about the exploration and level structure, with the rest being different (i love souls combat, but i play for the metroidvania-esque level design and worldbuilding).

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
urgh VR...no thanks.

can't wait for SDT. i wonder what they mean it's like souls but...not. hmmm

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, but what does it mean by 'holding back the fantasy attractions'?

That's probably poor choice of words by me. What she's saying is that they're not showing much from the fantasy setting to keep it a surprise, she's a concept/environment artist that does a lot of fantasy art so in that context you won't see much from the world I guess.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's like Souls...but not really, but it is?

I don't get what this game is like haha. Can't wait for the reveal.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I am going underground if that 4chan leak was true. I flamed that thread so hard that it got locked.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As the story has been redacted and deleted from the website, we're locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.