• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

At 7:05:11.

You see it briefly undocked and it then seemingly goes into direct-feed docked footage.

Docked footage on its own (thanks Champion!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZkCiJzR_Y8

screenshot_20181007-1f7d8i.png

Pop-in aside, looks fine to me. Hopefully it's out soon. It was already confirmed for the west alongside the Switch version of Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition:

Last edited:

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Time stamp seems to be right on desktop at least.

Well, gameplay looks like SAO, looks like an uprezed and optimized Vita version to my eyes, though the quality of the stream is rather lacking for me.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it does run much better than Vita version.

But I already have this game on a portable. I'll definitely get Fatal Bullet though. And I'm ready to buy any port of anime games Namco has been doing this year: Shinobi Striker, OP World Seeker, Jump Force, Black Cover, Grancrest War....

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What is this game even about?

Like can any players tell me the loop?

And also Fatal Bullet. What does each one play like?

misterBee

Aug 16, 2018
What is this game even about?

Like can any players tell me the loop?

And also Fatal Bullet. What does each one play like?

SAO games are licensed stuff based on the anime franchise. They tend to be really shallow offline MMO approximations with lots of grind and a weak story. Wouldn't really recommend.

There is literally one entry where they wanted an excuse for certain characters to be in the game, so they had them FALL OUT OF THE SKY. They didn't even come up with a story reason for it. I think there was even a line where they said something like 'due to certain circumstances ____ was here too!'

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
This doesn't run in 60fps doesn't it? Will rather get the PS4 version then.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I wasn't even sure exactly which SAO games I had on PS4, so I checked and it is HF and LS, so I'll get HR and FB on Switch.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
This is such an odd choice for a late port. I guess this sold well or something.
They should have just ported Tales of Hearts R and called it a day. What happened to that Tales game that was supposedly coming to Switch btw?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is such an odd choice for a late port. I guess this sold well or something.
They should have just ported Tales of Hearts R and called it a day. What happened to that Tales game that was supposedly coming to Switch btw?
it's coming alongside the other versions of the game in early 2019

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I have an odd fascination with these games. I love to shitwatch the anime so I picked up Hollow Fragment for $5 on a PSN sale. Ended up playing it for like 230 hours. Lmao. I've grown to like the characters ironically enough.

I don't really have any interest in HR or Fatal Bullet on switch. I've had my fill.
Are any of the PS4 games even good?

They're not great. The gameplay is really grindy and mindless. Fatal Bullet feels like an anime Destiny but then you realize how repetitive it is to play (and they repeat the same enemies every single zone). If they went a little further, FB could've been really cool.

Are you forced to play Kirito in this one? I liked the one where you could create your own character.

In Hollow Realization, you can create your own character but they're still Kirito. You get his voice in cutscenes and stuff. Fatal Bullet is your own custom silent protagonist and Kirito is pretty much a side character for the whole game (though you can play as him in a short side story).

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
It's basically a new game for anyone who never played the original on the xbox 360 in the west.
It'll even be a fresh experience for those who did play the 360 version in the West since we never got the PS3 content that was only released in Japan at the time. New characters, modes, even a new dungeon.