• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada

Looking good.

VIdeo doesn't have a 60FPS option so we can't really tell the framerate at which the game is running. Battle transitions are pretty quick, though.

According to an interview with the producer, the game should run at 60FPS everywhere.

Last edited:

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Soo smooth I love it! Can't wait to replay my favorite Tales Of. No wait, it's between Vesperia and Symphonia

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
More undocked gameplay though again, the video itself is only 30fps. Might want to add it to the OP.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great. I'd assume it's 60fps battles / 30fps everywhere else like the 360 original.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Any confirmation on resolution? Was hoping this was direct feed footage but it's not so it's hard to judge.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone sell me on this? I've played and loved Zelda, Skyrim, and Octopath on Switch.... how does this compare? It looks great.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone sell me on this? I've played and loved Zelda, Skyrim, and Octopath on Switch.... how does this compare? It looks great.
It is one of the best Tales of games, but it's not really comparable to any of the games you mentioned. If you like JRPGs, you'll like it. The battle system is not turn-based, though. It's flashy and action-packed.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've had this pre'd on Switch for a while now, but I may have to double dip on it for Xbox One X too... I need all the Vesperia

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
Any confirmation on resolution? Was hoping this was direct feed footage but it's not so it's hard to judge.
I would like to know too, because in the same interview that confirmed that it will run at 60fps everywhere they asked if the game would now be full HD, the producer answered that it would depend on the console, so obviously the Switch came to my mind, although maybe he was referring to the handheld mode that would run at 720p?

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I would like to know too, because in the same interview that confirmed that it will run at 60fps everywhere they asked if the game would now be full HD, the producer answered that it would depend on the console, so obviously the Switch came to my mind, although maybe he was referring to the handheld mode that would run at 720p?

Yea I'm hoping it's 1080 docked and 720p handheld. It at least looks it in the off-screen videos but that is nearly impossible to say for sure.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't played this since the 360 and not sure I'm willing to revisit it. It was good but I think I'd get more from Tales of Berseria rather than a pirate additional character. Still, portability is nice.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
They mentionned making the game with full HD in mind, I wouldn't expect much regarding Pro or X enhancements
I don't want it so much for hoping they do enhancements on it, I want it moreso for the fact that I played the original on 360, so it'd feel right at home for me on Xbox One.

Oct 26, 2017
Is Troy Baker reprising his role as Yuri for the new lines?

Haven't heard him in a JP game for a long time so I'm wondering whether they're able to get all the old English VAs for the new dialogue.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is one of the best Tales of games, but it's not really comparable to any of the games you mentioned. If you like JRPGs, you'll like it. The battle system is not turn-based, though. It's flashy and action-packed.

How are the "Tales of" games? Like, what makes them different than the ones I listed? Genuinely curious because this looks really good.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
How are the "Tales of" games? Like, what makes them different than the ones I listed? Genuinely curious because this looks really good.
What makes it different is that only one of those games you mentioned is a JRPG, being Octopath. Tales game all have real-time combat, which is usually really fast and fluid feeling, which is a much different battle style than what Octopath gives you, which is turn-based.

Sojiro

Jun 24, 2018
Do we know when this is coming out? I thought I remember hearing holiday 2018 at one point, but don't recall. Looks great, haven't played this game so I am pretty pumped to get it.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What makes it different is that only one of those games you mentioned is a JRPG, being Octopath. Tales game all have real-time combat, which is usually really fast and fluid feeling, which is a much different battle style than what Octopath gives you, which is turn-based.

Ah ok, thank you!