• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Is OG Twilight Zone worth watching for someone that has never even seen a single episode but generally likes creepy stuff? Has it aged well basically.

some have aged very well and some have aged very poorly. In my opinion its one of the best shows ever made. I would actually just recommend starting with the first episode called "Where is Everybody?" to see if you like it, because its one of the greatest.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
What's the run time supposed to be?

A lot of people felt the original series struggled when it became an hour long.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Is OG Twilight Zone worth watching for someone that has never even seen a single episode but generally likes creepy stuff? Has it aged well basically.
Yes. I feel they do marathons of it yearly. During the holiday season.

They should really do a Twitch marathon.

This does not look episodic at all, though. It seems more serial in nature, like most modern TV shows now.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "Nightmare At 20,000 Feet" one with Adam Scott doesn't even look at all like the same plot, there's some bizarre storyline with the numbers 1015 and with scenes not anywhere near the plane.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I never watched the original Twilight Zone, but this feels very campy and comedic in a way to me? Maybe it's because of how the trailer is edited. I thought it would be more horror and mystery. Anyway, still watching this for sure.
Twilight Zone is genre agnostic. Horror, sci-fi, mystery, comedy, supernatural, drama, etc. That's one of its biggest strengths compared to like Black Mirror

Oct 26, 2017
UK
some have aged very well and some have aged very poorly. In my opinion its one of the best shows ever made. I would actually just recommend starting with the first episode called "Where is Everybody?" to see if you like it, because its one of the greatest.
Oh please find a top 10 ranking and watch a couple it holds up 60 years later for a reason.

I will definitely check out some episodes. Any particular episodes to check out first?

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Can't even watch the YouTube previews because I'm outside the US. Bullshit. CBS does this with Star Trek as well. Can't even see official promos until someone else reuploads it.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The cinematography in this looks fantastic. Will get CBS for this, haha.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
someone wanna reupload this for those of us not in the US?

why the fuck do they do this shit?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, but it's hard to get much of a feel off a trailer for twilight zone. CBS is always a concern because I feel as though I've never watched a good CBS show.
Damn. First time I've ever found the Twilight Zone theme to be creepy. Jordan Peele is on fire.
This looks so good. Peele is just on top of the game right now.
Peele is just executive producing and hosting this. The showrunner and writers appear to be completely different.

Apr 8, 2018
Looks really interesting. I was not aware of the great cast they have behind this. Excited to give this a shot thanks to that free 3 months of CBS All Access promo recently.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Not announced yet. Will probably vary on a per-episode basis, I think most CBS AA shows have been 45-ish min long.
This does not look episodic at all, though. It seems more serial in nature, like most modern TV shows now.
Have they said that? I'm not sure how you get think it's serial out of that trailer.
The whole numbers theme. Reminded of LOST and it's across multiple vignettes, suggesting an overall link.
It's supposed to be proper anthology with stand-alone episodes.
Can't even watch the YouTube previews because I'm outside the US. Bullshit. CBS does this with Star Trek as well. Can't even see official promos until someone else reuploads it.
The second link didn't work for you?

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, but it's hard to get much of a feel off a trailer for twilight zone. CBS is always a concern because I feel as though I've never watched a good CBS show.

Peele is just executive producing and hosting this. The showrunner and writers appear to be completely different.

I thought all of the executive producers also had insight on writing / developing? I could be wrong.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This looks SO cool, really excited to see how it turns out. Guess I'll wait for the whole season to be out and then try CBS's thingy for a month to watch it all.

Also really hoping they don't try to connect the episodes. Some of the original Twilight Zone episodes quite literally end the world, so they all take place in their own dimensions. Unless they change the formula dramatically they won't be able to connect them.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there a member of this forum who is writing for the show?

I like the look of it so far, but I wish they weren't using so many highly recognizable actors. It kinda takes me out of it to have Adam Scott and Tracy Morgan in there. The original show didn't lean as much on known talent.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there a member of this forum who is writing for the show?

I like the look of it so far, but I wish they weren't using so many highly recognizable actors. It kinda takes me out of it to have Adam Scott and Tracy Morgan in there. The original show didn't lean as much on known talent.

You're right. I remember she said something about the writing process that was reassuring.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
John Cho and Steven Yeun!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if this will be a half hour or hour long?

I will definitely check out some episodes. Any particular episodes to check out first?
You'll get like 30 different answers, but of the ones I've seen, these were my favorites:
The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street
Walking Distance
Third from the Sun
A Stop at Willoughby
People Are Alike All Over
Eye of the Beholder
The Lonely
The Odyssey of Flight 33
A Hundred Yards Over the Rim
Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
And When the Sky Was opened

(These are mostly from the first season, but that's where I've watched the bulk of episodes so far)

jerd

Oct 26, 2017

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street is amazing. It's also one of the episodes available on Netflix iirc

To serve man is a personal favorite but it's a little more on the odd side. Also watch eye of the beholder definitely. It's kinda hard to go wrong to be honest. It's amazing how well the show has aged

Edit: almost forgot, Midnight Sun