• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It looks just a tad too frantic with so many damn effects going off on the screen. But I'm in. Looking forward to it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Coming to xbox, switch and pc(will buy on switch since this company's games feel great on the go) . Does the company just not release on sony products at the same time or is there some exclusive deal with Microsoft?
Likely just a combination of being a small team and having familiarity/a relationship with Xbox from their early releases.

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Love their art style and loved Castle Crashers... but what can hurt you on the screen... I can't tell what is just eye candy and what is actually causing damage to your character.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely getting this day 1.
So many fun memories with Alien Hominid on Newgrounds and Gamecube.

Looks like there's no blood in this though?

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Echoing the thoughts that it looks way too busy to follow sometimes. Maybe easier when you have the actions tied to the visual.

Plus, I was really looking forward to this because I thought it would just be a more modernized version of the original, but this looks... not like that at all. It looks like instead of progressing through a stage there are constant randomized objectives in what's essentially a large semi-open area and then you get to move on when you've done several of those. I thought it was going to just be a co-op shooter with levels and bosses, like the original/HD, but I guess not. I'm not going to dock it points for doing what it wants to do but that immediately cut a lot of my interest right out.

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
Where's the blood? Biting people's heads off? This looks a bit too clean for Alien Hominid.

Last edited:

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I kinda want it to feels just a BIT more solid like Gunstar Heroes. I KNEW when my character grabbed someone there, because of the sound effect, the fact there was a "Huh!" and a start-up of interaction between the player character and enemy. Here, I feel like the Alien disappeared behind the enemies much too fast, leading to the interaction being a bit confusing.

It'll get less so when you get to customize your look, have a honkin' huge hat that shows where you are ALL THE TIME, and get to know your character's color.

Gameplay speed wise, It feels nice and... slippery. Not horrible, especially for a 4 Person co-op experience, but I'd prefer a bit more hitstun, and impact. 4 players isn't just 2P with 2 more; the game seems to understand this, so that's fine.

I do like there's some non gun weapons in there (I noticed a Strider-ish Blade Swipe)… gaming is really making me lose interest in GUNS, GUNS EVERYWHERE, lol.

Random assortment of Hand Crafted stages sounds fine. I'd love to see a few straight structured paths, though. Maybe as another mode, or something.

Love their art style and loved Castle Crashers... but what can hurt you on the screen... I can't tell what is just eye candy and what is actually causing damage to your character.
It's not too hard to tell. Green stuff hurts. It's what the noxious gas, enemy bullets, and sky lasers are all made of: green.

Explosions are brown and yellow, sometimes purple and white for the screen nuke and victory checkmark.

Your own bullets are a mix of colored coded to the character + A difference for special effects.
Where's the blood? Biting people's heads off? This looks a bit to clean for Alien Hominid.

Eh, I'd wait to hear a statement on that. I could see them not wanting the gore all up because of being at a convention.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Hey I remember this little guy!

There was a flash game where you play as a little yellow alien and you can literally bite people's head off

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Has anyone asked Behemoth about potentially re-releasing Alien Hominid on PC and modern consoles? I loved the original on PS2 but I didn't pick up HD and don't fancy digging my 360 out just for it.