• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
FULL GAMEPLAY SEQUENCE:

A gameplay sequence from the Versus Mode of Demon Slayer - Hinokami Kepputan by CC2 have been shown in the Kimetsu no Yaiba Anime 2nd Anniversary online event. There is more footage that should be uploaded later since the sequence was like 7 minutes long, please note that it's from a special demo for the event and that it doesnt feature the full roster. Game is planned for a 2021 release on PS5/PS4/Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S and Steam.

Last edited:

Alfman

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like ultimate ninja storm, which was also made by cc2. It was one of the better arena fighters so I think it will be OK. But ngl I'm not hyped for another anime arena fighter.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My life for another game like Jojo's Bizarre Adventures : All Star Battle (aka way more interesting in the gameplay department + more like a 2D fighting game).

Will probably play this for the story tho'.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Why does all of those anime licensed games need to be 3D arena fighter, it's my fault though, I shouldn't expect great thing everytime one of those stuff gets announced.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I love that the two types of game CC2 makes are "anime fighter" and "furry steampunk"

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like ultimate ninja storm, which was also made by cc2. It was one of the better arena fighters so I think it will be OK. But ngl I'm not hyped for another anime arena fighter.

I feel you, man. It feels like the genre has done nothing to evolve in the last two decades... I used to have fun with these types of games, but I haven't bought one in a long, long time, now. They just feel so stale.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I swear to god even the menus are from one of the Storm games. Probably because it's a demo.
I really liked the Storm gameplay and the style looks sick.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anime games are always disappointing to me, mainly because they are nearly all arena/beat em ups.

Some didn't like it but I would much prefer stuff like dragon ball z kakarot.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great, I'm sure it will play great. But I'm with others here I wish this wasn't an arena fighter.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, these 3D arena anime fighting games are mostly trash IMHO. Played quite a few of them but none clicked for me.
I'd wish they would made another Azura's Wrath style game. That truly felt like a playable anime. So good.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks disappointingly unambitious for a guaranteed money printer.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty as hell, but damn is this an ill fit. The characters never draw their swords on each other in the show, only on demons. Hell, it's part of their code to only fight demons and not attack humans. Really feels like when you don't know what to do with an anime game, you just make an arena fighter, no matter how ill fitting it is.

Going to print money regardless, so whatever.

OP
OP
Arubedo

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
Pretty as hell, but damn is this an ill fit. The characters never draw their swords on each other in the show, only on demons. Hell, it's part of their code to only fight demons and not attack humans. Really feels like when you don't know what to do with an anime game, you just make an arena fighter, no matter how ill fitting it is.
Well, it's the Versus Mode, you have a Story Mode for the story fidelity.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017

This is nice. A bit of an upgrade from Storm games.

Also I honestly loved how they did the story for Naruto in the storm games so I expect CC2 to do that well here too.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
This looks disappointing unambitious for a guaranteed money printer.
I mean, if it's a guaranteed money printer, there's no need to be ambitious.

Yeah, it looks like a copy of Ultimate Ninja but with other characters. The menu, the boring arena design that is just a circle covered in a random background, the HUDs...

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
CC2 really needs to try something else. It's getting real old now. Even if the game is great it just looks like another rehash.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's the Versus Mode, you have a Story Mode for the story fidelity.

This is nice. A bit of an upgrade from Storm games.

Also I honestly loved how they did the story for Naruto in the storm games so I expect CC2 to do that well here too.

Make me wonder, isn't dismemberment not allowed in JP games, due to a CERO rule? If that's the case, I wonder how they're going to handle the actual killing of demons, since the whole thing is about slicing their heads off.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
This developer knows how the hell to make stunning anime visuals. I'm not super hyped for an arena fighter but damn this looks amazing

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This is going to be the usual CC2 game.

Stylish with good visuals and serviceable gameplay.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah that gameplay is really stale now. I love their dedication to nailing the artstyles and details in the supers though. It's master class undeniably, but the general combat isn't doing it for me.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Why must every anime game be some kind of fighter. At least it looks nice.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, does Aniplex couldn't propose other genres rather than Battle Arena game? Or is that CC2's proposal & Aniplex green-lighted it?

It doesn't have to be like Bandai Namco's Naruto... 😄

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Eh, looks pretty enough. Probably the best looking arena fighter in recent years. The storm gameplay fits it quite well.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Will buy on sale like I did the My Hero games. I don't mind arena fighters, but I've yet to play one that felt worth paying full price for.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This really is just UNS lol. Don't know why I'm surprised since it makes sense but somewhat disappointed.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Well that is CC2 Naruto to the core. Glad I'm not attached to this property because this formula is more than a little tired at this point.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if it's a guaranteed money printer, there's no need to be ambitious.

Yeah, it looks like a copy of Ultimate Ninja but with other characters. The menu, the boring arena design that is just a circle covered in a random background, the HUDs...
Not necessarily, if the game has big potential going ambitious is usually the road to take to fullfil the game's potential.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks a lot like their Naruto games. Visually it looks fantastic though.

Nasu

Feb 11, 2021
Looks exactly like the NUNS series which I loved growing up, but nowadays I wouldn't pay full price for a game like that. Seems like a game I will buy when its on sale.
Can't wait for the soundtrack though, CC2 soundtracks are always really good in my opinion.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
CC2's artists are just on another level. Arena fighters are never really all that fun versus but CC2 makes incredible set pieces in their stories so can't wait for that.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Will buy on discount lol.

I know the game will deliver on visuals but im not dropping 60 on a different coat of paint on the same gameplay CC2 always does.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Love the storm games and every time they made one it was considerably deeper than the last, I know some of y'all hate arena fighters but there is a big gulf in quality in something like the MHA game and storm 4. Storm 4 was 5 years ago so I'm definitely hyped for a new arena fighter that's not trash.