• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be in beta testing for now, has a prompt in the app to "Join voice chat on PS5" and "Join Voice on PlayStation" with certain features only available on PS5.

BgkQQH7.png

30oSsl6.png

Reddit thread showing full images.

Oct 15, 2022
I wonder what Sony offered Discord, MS didn't. Because 40 bills is a lot, or do they think Discord can become mainstream?

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I wish at some point they'd let you stream Playstation games to Discord.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
This is awesome, cannot wait to just be able to use voice chat with Discord on PS. My Xbox friends love it, and currently the rest of us just use our phones and airpods, haha.

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What are the exclusive features?
From these app beta pics it seems to indicate voice chat/Discord integration is exclusive to PS5. Makes sense if the integration is coming with a big PS5 firmware update whereas the PS4 isn't getting any kind of update to support it.

The OP of the Reddit thread posted the pics and just ghosted. Hopefully if this integration is being tested by the public already we can get an update from Sony detailing more about it very soon.

Oct 27, 2017
From these app beta pics it seems to indicate voice chat/Discord integration is exclusive to PS5. Makes sense if the integration is coming with a big PS5 firmware update whereas the PS4 isn't getting any kind of update to support it.

The OP of the Reddit thread posted the pics and just ghosted. Hopefully if this integration is being tested by the public already we can get an update from Sony detailing more about it very soon.
It's already part of Xbox integration and is working now. What am I missing

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's already part of Xbox integration and is working now. What am I missing
I don't know what you're missing. You're in a thread about PS5 Discord integration lol.

The assumption is that when Discord comes to PS5 it'll be in the form of full integration into the system OS with an app on the system as well.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
this thread is demonstrating the power of marketing lol

seamless Discord integration on all platforms is the future and I've been super hyped about it for years. let's gooo

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
WE need a dedicated PS5 Discord app tbh. But again we need Spotify native OS5 app first and other apps.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what Sony offered Discord, MS didn't. Because 40 bills is a lot, or do they think Discord can become mainstream?
Few months back Microsoft enabled simple discord functionality. You use your phone discord app to transfer a call to xbox.

View: https://youtu.be/kc1f7dNeUZI

They are testing further improvements right now in the insider builds, server voice room listing on the dash:

View: https://youtu.be/hJzZ7efaK94

Hopefully the first implementation of the PlayStation Discord integration is more like the new stuff they are testing with Xbox, and not the intial stuff. That was useless.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what you're missing. You're in a thread about PS5 Discord integration lol.

The assumption is that when Discord comes to PS5 it'll be in the form of full integration into the system OS with an app on the system as well.

From your OP

Join Voice on PlayStation" with "certain features only available on PS5"

I'm asking what the features are or where you got this information from about exclusive features and was asking what they were.

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
From your OP

Join Voice on PlayStation" with "certain features only available on PS5"

I'm asking what the features are or where you got this information from about exclusive features and was asking what they were.
It's taken directly from what the app beta says in the 2nd image, likely in relation to those features not being available on PS4 as it's coming with a PS5 firmware update.

There is zero relation to Xbox in regards to that.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Seems to be in beta testing for now, has a prompt in the app to "Join voice chat on PS5" and "Join Voice on PlayStation" with certain features only available on PS5.

BgkQQH7.png

30oSsl6.png

Reddit thread showing full images.

The "Join call on PS5" and "Join call on Playstation" mean the same thing. Just like Xbox doesn't say "Join call on Xbox Series X/S" it says "Xbox".

There aren't exclusive features either, just that PS5 will get Voice Chat whilst PS4 won't. Basically what Xbox has right now for Discord, but it will be for Playstation.

Then down the line, I'm sure PS5 will get the same Discord intergration that Xbox is testing in Alpha right now.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
How does this work? Can I join parties through Discord or what?

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
How does this work? Can I join parties through Discord or what?
You can join Discord voice chats or voice channels (on servers) on your phone and send it to your console. It remains to be seen if PlayStation will have a server browser built into the OS like Xbox's latest insider update. Although, I suspect they will because the social hub is perfect for it.