• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

Alan Moore in the first image for #TheShow, a feature film written by #AlanMoore & directed by @mitchjjenkins. "Although this is my first attempt at working seriously in cinema, the audience may want to know how it connects with my just-recently-concluded comic book career. The answer, as I see it, is "not very much at all": this is completely fresh, with staggering new possibilities for mesmerism and immersive storytelling. Then again, those seeking bleak dystopias in my narratives will be relieved to learn that this, occurring in the recently collapsed town of Northampton, is a fine example, with as many otherworldly characters as one might reasonably expect. And yes, there is a superhero, but not like you think. This hasn't been adapted from work that was never meant for cinema; this is me and the talented, fantastic people that I'm working with, attempting to make the most stunning piece of British film that anyone has seen in years. This is The Show, and we're doing it right here". - Alan Moore

The greatest comic book writer of all time is here to save us from marvel's and DC's bullshit

Last edited:

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
I'll be first in line.

He can be inaccessible, ornery and petty, but on balance, I find his work wonderful. He's a brilliant writer.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
Written by and starring Moore = I'm sold.
Picture of Moore dressed up as the man in the moon = I'm even more sold.
Reading that instagram quote about it from Moore = JUST TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY ALREADY.

The Northampton setting makes me wonder if it will overlap with Jerusalem at all? Although that book is so huge that basically everything in his career overlaps with it in some way.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moore writing a movie is great. Starring in it? Hmmm....dude is definitely not an actor.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a follow-up to his series of shorts called. Show pieces.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alan Moore continues to be the fucking craziest man in the world of fiction. I love that he's just jumping head on into making movies now. I can't wait to see this.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that lives in Northampton, I can confirm that it has indeed collapsed. Metaphorically, if not literally.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see what the auteur behind Lost Girls cooks up for his silver screen debut.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Fuck yeah. I'm in.

At first glance I thought this was a still from that Woody Allen film where Sean Penn plays a Django Reinhardt fanboy tho

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
"attempting to make the most stunning piece of British film that anyone has seen in years"

uh huh, good luck