• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

View: https://twitter.com/the_marmolade/status/1566333599443554304

More pics leaking.

20220904_090635.jpg
17BqfLp.png

Fby8B4EWQAAmtT3

Leaked Concept art from Masahiro Ito confirmed by Dusk Golem

1662292468341534.png

Last edited:

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Please tell me this is a fake. How reliable is this person?

(Also, one blurry screenshot in and the game already looks cartoony. Also seems to have Resident Evil 2 camera, which is a bad sign.)

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
better have the original soundtrack! please ffs do not touch it, tweak it or "enhance" it in any way. please.

i'm hopeful. would love it to be a success, Bloober team gets so much hate, like insane levels of vitriol for reasons i just dont get (loved Blair Witch, The Medium was cool, and the Layers of Fear games are neat IMO). hope they nail this and get some respect back.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
Really hope this is a fake. Looks as bad as I would expect from Bloober. Cartoony art direction, Resident Evil 2 camera. What did they do the Bubble Head Nurse? Holy shit.

Fby-QTmWQAEn0UR

This is why Silent Hill 2 needs to be left alone.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
To think, this is going to be the only way to easily access one of the best games of all time.

I really hope it is done well.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
please ffs do not touch it, tweak it or "enhance" it in any way
They already did. Have you seen the screenshots? The game looks like a cartoon (despite being a remake of a serious adult psychological drama) and the entire gameplay and art direction has been altered. The Bubble Head Nurse doesn't even look the same.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
They already did. Have you seen the screenshots? The game looks like a cartoon (despite being a remake of a serious adult psychological drama) and the entire gameplay and art direction has been altered. The Bubble Head Nurse doesn't even look the same.
How are you getting all that from such compression artifacted low res pictures?

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
Please tell me this is a fake. How reliable is this person?

(Also, one blurry screenshot in and the game already looks cartoony. Also seems to have Resident Evil 2 camera, which is a bad sign.)
You must have some special eyes to be able to call it "cartoony" from these <160p screenshots. I get being concerned about Bloober but this is something else.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
looks like a regular video game idk what you mean by cartoon lol

do you know something we don't??

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I'm already not interested in this seeing it being generic third person like that. The camera work in the early Silent Hill games was a big part of the atmosphere to me.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
How are you getting all that from such compression artifacted low res pictures?
You can see it clearly enough to make out the changes to the art direction, Nurse, and camera/gameplay. I'm also familiar with Bloober's previous games, which are pretty cartoony in design, writing, amd voice acting. This is going to be a disaster.

Anyone other than the original developers trying to overhaul Silent Hill 2 is an instant fail and Bloober is genuinely one of the worst possible picks to handle it.

You must have some special eyes to be able to call it "cartoony" from these <160p screenshots. I get being concerned about Bloober but this is something else.
No, they're not that blurry.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I never played any of the Silent Hill games but everytime there's talk about the best stories in gaming, Silent Hill 2 is near the top, so I really want this to be good so I can experience it for the first time.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Darkknight2149 I don't mean this in a mean way but I feel like I've Witnessed denial and now anger from you about this. So I'm curious if you'll move in to bargaining next 😋.

But I also totally do accept your right to be upset about this as SH2 is a game that's special to you.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Can't see shit tbh. Cool that they are making it? Or sorry that it's happening? I don't know, I kinda don't have faith in Bloober, but would love a good remake of this game.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
I never played any of the Silent Hill games but everytime there's talk about the best stories in gaming, Silent Hill 2 is near the top, so I really want this to be good so I can experience it for the first time.
I would recommend just emulating the original over playing... whatever this is. The original was lightning packed with symbolism and subtext, this isn't going to come close.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
You can see it clearly enough to make out the changes to the art direction, Nurse, and camera/gameplay. I'm also familiar with Bloober's previous games, which are pretty cartoony in design, writing, amd voice acting. This is going to be a disaster.

Anyone other than the original developers trying to overhaul Silent Hill 2 is an instant fail and Bloober is genuinely one of the worst possible picks to handle it.

I honestly can't tell much from the 200x200~ individual screenshots with a lathering of blur and compression on top of it. I mean, yeah, it's going to be different in terms of camera and gameplay, that's to be expected from a remake, but in terms of art it's hard to glean much of anything from these, but you seem to have made your mind up on things far before even seeing these.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
these are 200x200 something images

like straight up you're going need to provide actual explanations here because I can absolutely guarantee you that even as someone who is down for clowning on Bloober Team, I have no idea how you're getting any sort of useful amount of information from these screencaps

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So there's one TGS reveal out of the bag, I assume.

Hikariixx

One Winged Slayer
Nov 19, 2020
I'm so down for this even if it will never match or replace the original for me. There's something about the textures and constraints of the PS2 original that contribute so heavily to its atmosphere and there's no way any remake could feel the same. The original still exists though and I'm always happy to try out a reimagined version of the game. Hell, it's just going to be cool to see a new SH game for the first time in forever and if it gets more people into the series that's a net positive.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
It looks fake but like I'm also not sure lol I literally can't form a single opinion based on those blurry ass pics