• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'll confirm the concept art piece is real, it's actually one of Masahiro Ito's pieces.

This leak isn't from me, but I kinda' have a grasp of what's leaking. I think most of the extent of the leak might be over outside of some old stuff from one other thing, which that I think would be the worst thing to get out if the leak is of the scope of this is what I think it is.

Having seen a lot more at this point, I'll just say this; I recommend waiting for an official reveal. A lot of this stuff is old shit. I'm cautiously optimistic, I get pessimism and apprehension, but I think seeing how they put their foot forward is worth more than this old stuff.

My viewpoint on Bloober is they have the potential to make a great horror game, but have big fumbles from the creative lead side more than anything. With some other people working on this, and hopefully good guidance, learning from past mistakes, they can realize their potential. On paper, I'm not actually against the changes being made to the SH2 Remake, but execution is what will make or break it. And I do believe this is basically going to either save or ruin Bloober's reputation, depending how good the game they turn out ends up being.

But I suggest just waiting for the eventual reveals (which are hopefully sooner than later as the grapevine of rumors is suggesting), there's a lot this leak isn't going to cover (which is a good thing imo), but I wouldn't recommend coming to conclusions yet from it. There's a LOT it's missing, it's a very incomplete, early pieces of a thing. I think them demonstrating how they want to demonstrate it will mean more than preconceptions from the past, both Bloober's reputation and really old shit. I do think Bloober has a lot to prove for many, but from what I know, I'm cautiously optimistic, but it'll come down to how they execute it. Hopefully it's true Konami is close to revealing and getting the marketing ball rolling with these SH titles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
1662292468341534.png

Looks like concept art leaked too.
So this is real Dusk Golem ?

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Well this is a bummer.

I'd be way less apprehensive in an SH1 remake. That game obviously stands to gain the most from being redone and the delivery of its story isn't as sacred as SH2. Not to say Bloober still couldn't fuck it up, but I'm way more partial to seeing SH1 messed with as long as the material components/beats of the story don't change.

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is a bummer.

I'd be way less apprehensive in an SH1 remake. That game obviously stands to gain the most from being redone and the delivery of its story isn't as sacred as SH2. Not to say Bloober still couldn't fuck it up, but I'm way more partial to seeing SH1 messed with as long as the material components/beats of the story don't change.

As much as I love SH1, SH2 is the one game in the series it makes the most sense to remake.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
We'll always have the original. Old leaks or not, it's still (presumably) Bloober remaking an iconic classic. We'll see, but I have no faith in the studio that has zero good games in their portfolio (Observer was alright actually).

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
If that concept art is actually one of Ito's pieces then it's funny to see people immediately shitting on it.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Of course the hacks at Bloober Team made it to a 3rd person action camera.

This will suck so much...

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
If that slide is real it's at least gotta be from early 2020 before the PS5 launched. I notice The Medium isn't included in their shitty gameography. Also noticed Metacritic is still the one that matters, but I'm assuming opencritic knew they'd never change that.

But why Sony why the hell would you wanna associate yourself with mediocrity?

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the two new endings are real anyone wanna bet how many of them will be problematic? Is Bloober making questionable game narratives real, I haven't played any of their games.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the new endings will be horrible, but that's not a big deal as long as everything else is 1 to 1 with the original.

The new puzzles worry me. I have no faith that they'll be better than the ones in the original.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Would be even funnier if Ito is working alongside Blooper in some capacity then watch the temperature change
I'm going to say something that's going to change the temperature a bit; I'm fully aware there's actually several people who worked on the original SH2 working on this alongside Bloober.

But that is all I'm going to say, I will not elaborate. My goal is not to ruin the surprises, but at this point I think I should share that little nugget at least.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I never took to the Silent Hill games like I did Resident Evil. I'm willing to give this one a shot.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I'm going to say something that's going to change the temperature a bit; I'm fully aware there's actually several people who worked on the original SH2 working on this alongside Bloober.

But that is all I'm going to say, I will not elaborate. My goal is not to ruin the surprises, but at this point I think I should share that little nugget at least.

I mean, that doesn't really mean anything in and of itself. Several people that worked on SH games have worked on all post-Team Silent games in some capacity. Unless you have a large degree of key people in key positions. And maybe that's what you're trying to imply here, but I imagine Bloober is still the core developer.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
I was talking with a friend about which company/team would be the best fit for a potential SH2 Remake, and I ended up stumbling on an interesting thought:

Yoko Taro-led SH2. The one-sentence pitch:

"You're thinking about how you wanna **** Maria, right?"

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'll confirm the concept art piece is real, it's actually one of Masahiro Ito's pieces.

This leak isn't from me, but I kinda' have a grasp of what's leaking. I think most of the extent of the leak might be over outside of some old stuff from one other thing, which that I think would be the worst thing to get out if the leak is of the scope of this is what I think it is.

Having seen a lot more at this point, I'll just say this; I recommend waiting for an official reveal. A lot of this stuff is old shit. I'm cautiously optimistic, I get pessimism and apprehension, but I think seeing how they put their foot forward is worth more than this old stuff.

My viewpoint on Bloober is they have the potential to make a great horror game, but have big fumbles from the creative lead side more than anything. With some other people working on this, and hopefully good guidance, learning from past mistakes, they can realize their potential. On paper, I'm not actually against the changes being made to the SH2 Remake, but execution is what will make or break it. And I do believe this is basically going to either save or ruin Bloober's reputation, depending how good the game they turn out ends up being.

But I suggest just waiting for the eventual reveals (which are hopefully sooner than later as the grapevine of rumors is suggesting), there's a lot this leak isn't going to cover (which is a good thing imo), but I wouldn't recommend coming to conclusions yet from it. There's a LOT it's missing, it's a very incomplete, early pieces of a thing. I think them demonstrating how they want to demonstrate it will mean more than preconceptions from the past, both Bloober's reputation and really old shit. I do think Bloober has a lot to prove for many, but from what I know, I'm cautiously optimistic, but it'll come down to how they execute it. Hopefully it's true Konami is close to revealing and getting the marketing ball rolling with these SH titles.
I thought you were dipping?

But all seriousness you're right. This is likely to also be Bloober's first bigger budget game. With support from a parent company that will hopefully help with any external issues (like the fact that Bloober isn't know for action gameplay).

Better to hold off then mope about "I'd rather everyone stopped making video games than Bloober remake SH2".

Edit: and just saw what you said about SH2 devs working alongside them. That lets me give them even more benefit of the doubt.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017

That's great news. Actually makes me feel more at ease. Looking forward to who's all helping with the project.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda thinking the revenue part of the slide is so specific and slapped on that it looks like a total thing someone in an office would do. But 37M for year one revenue? That seems, low?

That would mean roughly 600k copies sold at $59.99?? I mean I'd think a SH2 remake could clear 1M easily, let alone 2M but then again it is only first 12 months so idk, maybe that's actually a realistic range

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I thought you were dipping?

He couldn't help himself even if he wanted to lol

But all seriousness you're right. This is likely to also be Bloober's first bigger budget game. With support from a parent company that will hopefully help with any external issues (like the fact that Bloober isn't know for action gameplay).

The Medium was probably their first foray into bigger budget affairs. That was definitely a big step up budget and scope wise compared to previous works, regardless of opinions on it. This will probably be the closest to a AAA they've done, though, if Konami is putting up that much cash.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, didn't know. Well, what a shame.

Also the studio that was part of the rumour was essentially closed

15M$ budget and target of 500k units on PS during 12 months? They aren't aiming high.

This apparently PlayStation's contribution to the project not the entire budget for the game.

It's tough because Sony's internal slides are often pretty bare bones and weird looking so hard to know if it's a fake.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is a bummer.

Agreed. While SH2 is more popular, I feel SH1 benefits more from a remake than SH2 does.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Don't Silent Hill games sell like shit?

I don't think the entire series has sold 10 million.

No, a series that got multiple sequels and spin offs did not 'sell like shit' lol. It was never a mega blockbuster series, but the series obviously sold well enough for it to be sustained for over a decade

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this is fake. I don't want a remake and I sure as hell don't want one made by this developer.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
No, a series that got multiple sequels and spin offs did not 'sell like shit' lol. It was never a mega blockbuster series, but the series obviously sold well enough for it to be sustained for over a decade

I think RE7 alone sold more than all SH titles combined, to give you a picture.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
We'll always have the original. Old leaks or not, it's still (presumably) Bloober remaking an iconic classic. We'll see, but I have no faith in the studio that has zero good games in their portfolio (Observer was alright actually).
I'd feel better about this if a proper port of the original were readily available. I'm less than inclined to trust Konami on anything they allow to be done with SH2, SH3, or SH in general at this point.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Yup, those sure are blurry images of what I vaguely imagine a Silent Hill 2 remake would look like in 2022. Not sure what the problem is exactly.

TrashyPanda

Oct 28, 2017
First of all SH5 isn't until 2024? Fuck, the screens for that have me so interested. Still glad they may be taking their time.

Secondly, I really don't understand the point of throwing a fit about Bloober remaking SH2. It's probably happening, and calling the game terrible before it's even revealed isn't going to change anything. Wait till you actually see the game and if it's bad complain then. Shitting on three blurry screens isn't going to make the game any better when it comes out and is just gonna leave you indigested.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at Wikipedia, it hasn't even sold 9 million (8.4 million). Yeah, these sales are not good.