• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
No but TLJ is bad though! Rian Johnson ruined movies for all time! He didn't actually direct it great as the actors were good! Disney paid off the reviewers! Daniel Craig in interviews clearly hates his character! /s

I'm really excited for this movie. Daniel Craig in ever trailer looked great but Chris Evans looked like a fucking great sarcastic asshole in the trailer. Happy to hear it's being so well recieved. Maybe this will help deflate the rabid RJ hate.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Um he already did with his freshman movie but glad to see the praise. This guy hasn't done a bad movie yet and twisty smart mystery is so his perfect oeuvre
Yeah, that tweet's weird. I feel like Rian excels at witty mysteries (though I guess Brick wasn't that funny, and Brother's Bloom wasn't really a mystery?)

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I was already going to see it because I've loved Rian Johnson since Brick, but these reviews are music to my ears. I think I'll stay away from that trailer though. It sounds like the weird sort of thing that trailer editors don't know how to fit together.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is just depressing me now. I assumed when seeing it, that meant the movie was just around the corner but it's in fact months away 😭

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see what Rian Johnson is capable of without being bogged down by decades of sci-fi lore and corporate marketing. I didn't like TLJ but I thought it had good ideas that weren't very well executed on.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe this will help deflate the rabid RJ hate.
tumblr_oivi204PbP1tue45do1_500.gif

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
This man directed Brick, Looper, and The Last Jedi.

Put some respec in his name.

Edit: what the fuck? He directed Ozymandias?

*Dies*

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Rian Johnson is an absolute treasure. Goes from being one of few directors who can get Bruce Willis to actually engage with a script, to directing the best Star Wars movie, to directing the movie that woke Daniel Craig up from his Bond-induced coma.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread is full of greatness.

Except for those people who didn't like Brick. What the fuck is up with that.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I thought TLJ was boring, but Brick and Looper are my jam and since it's more of that I can't wait to see it.

Oct 27, 2017
Brick's my favourite film, but i couldn't get on board with TLJ, or the Brothers Bloom....I'll try again someday, i only saw them once. This looks really good.

Wish he made more films with Joseph Gorden Levitt tho!

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
A good reminder that Rian is actually a wonderful director who just once went through a creative coma.

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017
It brings me joy to see Daniel Craig hamming it up. Logan Lucky was a treat and this also sounds great. Whole cast is quite impressive.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Seems great that he has a good movie in the hand. Thats only thing matters , star wars talk should be banned from this thread.
Some liked , some hated it thats it move on folks. Both sides bringing star wars shit to this thread is just a child at this point.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it. Enjoy the genre and Rian makes good movies outside of his biggest one.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
The trailer didn't do anything for me but I'm willing to give this a chance. He hasn't made a bad film yet.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I've been a fan of Johnson since Brick, so I'm glad this is getting good impressions. The trailer was s bit meh, but now I'm hyped.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hated tlj but I may give this a watch. But you can never trust early impressions. Remember that.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You can if they are critics and not fanboys tho.

You can't trust early impressions from Variety, Hollywood Reporter and Guardian?
Okay my apologies. I saw a bunch of names I'd never heard of and assumed they were fan impressions.

Hey, that's great if this turns out to be good. The premise did nothing for me and seemed a little unambitious, but like I said if it turns out to be good I may check it out.

So I can give the guy a chance after his last film was a dud.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am really looking forward to this, so I'm glad to see the reception is so positive. It's to see why The Last Jedi went wrong, so for him to just have a clean slate to work with and pull off what seems to be a hilarious mystery movie is going to be treat to witness.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the impressions are good. I've been looking forward to this.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Now this is a film I will see, not just ever, but opening weekend too. Sorry joker and polanski stans, I'm not Venice

What does Joker or the polanski movie (and da fuck at equating the two as similarly problematic) got to do with this? This wasnt even screened at the venice festival....lol stupid ass post

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brick's my favourite film, but i couldn't get on board with TLJ, or the Brothers Bloom....I'll try again someday, i only saw them once. This looks really good.

Wish he made more films with Joseph Gorden Levitt tho!

I did not connect with The Brothers Bloom the first time around, and it's somehow become one of my favorite movies since then. It's worth revisiting.

Y'all should watch this, my favourite thing Rian Johnson has made:

What this tells me is that Rian has been Rian since film school. Loved this.

Last edited: