• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England

Edit: Seems the tweet got deleted. So much for them being convinced they hadn't broken NDA!

FWb3twqXkAIGcgH.jpg

Last edited:

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Damn I really hope this thing comes out wireless at some point, looking forward to seeing impressions and how they push Valve and Facebook forward

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
PSVR without parole have 30 minutes of content with that photo.

Please let me buy one, it feels like years since Sony started talking about it.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the wrapped stuff is USB cables for charging the controllers?

Damn I really hope this thing comes out wireless at some point, looking forward to seeing impressions and how they push Valve and Facebook forward
With you on this, but seeing how the USB cable is fused to the headset... I'm not hopeful. Sure the headset also needs power, but that should be able to use a shorter cable and reduce slack.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hyped for this headset but it really bothers me the way the tracking cameras are placed. Feels like it will be easier to lose tracking with movements over or below the head (or simply resting the arms to the sides) than it already is with the Oculus headsets, even the Rift S.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Getting it will be a shitshow, I am not mentally equipped to fight bots at launch.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Have they said anything about weight? It looks like it could be pretty light. I have a Quest 2 with the Elite battery strap and you can definitely feel its bulk when you have to move your head quickly.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how long until we can get consumer VR gloves that have the ability to lock your fingers in place so you can "feel" an object you pick up or feel things as they touch your hand.

I know there're a lot of WIP designs out there. Maybe by the time PSVR3 rolls around?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Have they said anything about weight? It looks like it could be pretty light. I have a Quest 2 with the Elite battery strap and you can definitely feel its bulk when you have to move your head quickly.

They said there's a slight weight reduction versus the PSVR. The original PSVR weighed 600 grams for reference, or 1.32 pounds.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
They said there's a slight weight reduction versus the PSVR. The original PSVR weighed 600 grams for reference, or 1.32 pounds.

So probably about the same as the Quest 2 without the Elite strap. That's not too bad since the strap looks so much better than the basic Quest 2 strap. For comparison, the Quest 2 WITH the battery elite strap is ~850 grams (though some is in the back / battery for balance).

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
If only I could get a decent trade in for my psvr 1.5 or whatever the 2nd edition is technically called

Det

Jul 30, 2020
If only I could get a decent trade in for my psvr 1.5 or whatever the 2nd edition is technically called

The most you'll get is selling the PSVR for the raw material costs at a scrap yard and putting it towards the PSVR2. So maybe $1 if you're lucky.