• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Why does she look like Helena Bonham Carter.
Why isn't Cruela De Vil being played by HBC.

ECwS0a3UYAAysOS

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Ah, this woman just turned 30? Time to start offering them parts where they play old ladies." Hollywood, probably.
No, she's playing hip young Cruela before she hated dogs and wanted their fur.

Because you know, you wanted to see a film where you sympathize with a wannabe puppy killer.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Looks more interesting than the other Disney remakes tbh. Emma Stone is a dope actress and it looks a bit gritty/goony too

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bewcause she is old as fuck?

this is a young cruella, no?
I mean, Helena could probably pull it off. She still looks very youthful.

Maybe I'm just typecasting my wildhaired eccentric Brit characters.

From how they talked at D23 it doesn't sound like you'd want to sympathize with her.

I'm going off what Disney did with Maleficent and Craig Gillespie did with "I, Tonya". I hope I'm wrong and they make Cruella someone menacing.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
im really interested in seeing what they do for this because "killing cute puppies for their spotted coats" is a very tough sell for lots of people

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
The movie is called Cruella, she's the lead. They can have HBC leading a movie that'll look like a generic Tim Burton movie.

Emma Stone is lead actress so it makes more sense. She looks like HBC so that's a "good" thing as I'm tired of HBC being typecasted into Tim Burton's crazy female actress.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
She looks like she just stepped out of a Tim Burton movie into reality. And looking fine as hell if you're into that look. Which I suddenly discovered I might be.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
they're doing a live action 101 dalmations too huh

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Cruella was in her 50s-late 60s hmm. I mean Emma can pull it off but I didn't expect it to be her lol.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Giving Disney villains sympathetic backstories seems antithetical to the entire concept of a Disney villain.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
That outfit is excellent, this one picture is more visually interesting than what Disney's remakes usually bring to the table.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
This one picture alone has more aesthetic than the rest of the shit ass Disney live action adaptations at least