• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Geralt has just one sword. Worst adaption ever!

On a serious note, I think I'm way too used to the versions of these characters from the game to fairly judge those.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Henry Cavill is so miscasted... like, the costumes are great and all but all I can see is Superman

His face is just too perfect and beautiful

Edit: well the pic above sealed it. Looks like a supermodel cosplaying as Geralt

Are you under the impression that Geralt is ugly or something? Certainly not in TW3.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing it has to be constantly reiterated that the show is based off of the books and not the games, so that people stop asking why certain things don't look the same 🤔

All in all, I'm liking what I'm seeing here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
D-ZUy6xUwAEswUB.jpg

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Cavill as Geralt is VERY good.

Also, In the books, he only carries one sword on his back. smh.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good.

I know it's book based in terms of his look but bearded Cavill/Geralt would look so much cooler. But he looks great here too.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Looking much better than that test footage that was released some time ago. I wanna see bearded Geralt though.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I'll have to get used to beefcake Geralt, but goddamn. His wolfish features in the games seemed so appropriate, but Cavill looks incredible.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously optimistic and hoping for the best. Needs 2 swords though.
Edit: I've read all the books, just a bit worried that they might ignore that particular aspect.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks better than I expected this to look.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I like Geralt, he's too good looking and uh, it looks like he's wearing a wig.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
I wanna see how will they handle the creatures/monsters, I hope they didn't put everything only to cast Cavill and do bad cgi monsters.

RazorbackDB

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this based on the books? Ciri look kinda old? I mean from the blood of elves I imagined her to be like 12? Other than that it looks ok.