• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elastigirl's got some muscle now.

I prefef it to her being super skinny, which one might expect from elastic supertypes.

...I get people's reactions, but geez. Guys calm down a little.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
You guys fawning over Elastigirl realize she doesn't have any hips? It's two thighs joining her torso.

Oct 29, 2017
Other than colors, suits are a lower specularity material in the red, almost just diffuse. They are probably going with a more painterly look and try to keep shinny materials to a minimum.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Man is this film gonna look gorgeous. I'm loving how much more pronounced the shape design is. We are almost to the point where the film on screen has the same type of energy that the concept art has.
incredibles-disneyscreencaps.com-12109.jpg

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Really need to see it in motion. between this and the teaser it's hard to gauge how nice the animation will look. Watching the original nowadays can be...rough

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Man is this film gonna look gorgeous. I'm loving how much more pronounced the shape design is. We are almost to the point where the film on screen has the same type of energy that the concept art has.

Yup the color just pops in the picture almost like it's what my memory of the Incredibles was.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017

Found a better snap.

070.jpeg

We're seeing more dynamic and true-to-concept models in both film and videogames and it's wonderful.

Really need to see it in motion. between this and the teaser it's hard to gauge how nice the animation will look. Watching the original nowadays can be...rough

I haven't watched it in so long so these stills are a bit of a shock.

Oct 26, 2017
The colors of the costumes really pop. I don't remember them being that standout in the original film. Other than that it's cool how relatively unchanged their designs are. If it works, no need to fix it.

I'm really just interested in the story for this.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'm the biggest fan of the colors in the costumes. Looks great otherwise!

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I don't know if I'm the biggest fan of the colors in the costumes. Looks great otherwise!
Yeah, it's definitely bold, but I preferred the original designs having some more texture. Like look how many colors are in Bob's face and in their gloves/boots. That looks great! Then the red cloth is really blown out by comparison.

I have to imagine the setting plays a huge part of this too, with the bright daylight not leaving much wiggle room.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they won't take another 14 years to make a third one.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Found a better snap.

070.jpeg

We're seeing more dynamic and true-to-concept models in both film and videogames and it's wonderful.

I haven't watched it in so long so these stills are a bit of a shock.
It's funny because when I looked at the shot of the new movie, I was just like, yeah, that's The Incredibles alright. But then looking at them side by side like this, damn. I don't remember the first one looking bad, but it looks really bad next to the new one.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
While I am disappointed knowing that it's a direct sequel instead of a time skip, I'm still looking forward to this movie! Hopefully they do an amazing job at it!

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
The red's blown out but I think the compression is also amplifying the colors.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's looking really nice.

Did they ever make a comic book? I need more super family antics in my life and there's only so many times I can rewatch original..

Oct 28, 2017
I shall comment about the article:

One thing I don't understand about the article is the why they make it seem like (elastigirl) was somehow under used or not in the forefront of the first movie. It said she'll be the center of this movie (like she wasn't in the first?!?!) The first Incredibles is just as much about her as it is about Mr Incredible. Maybe I'm missing something but she wasn't nobody's 2nd fiddle.

I have commented about the article:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah, it's definitely bold, but I preferred the original designs having some more texture. Like look how many colors are in Bob's face and in their gloves/boots. That looks great! Then the red cloth is really blown out by comparison.

I have to imagine the setting plays a huge part of this too, with the bright daylight not leaving much wiggle room.

This.

Those costumes have always looked so uncomfortable. I feel claustrophobic just looking at them.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One thing I don't understand about the article is the why they make it seem like (elastigirl) was somehow under used or not in the forefront of the first movie. It said she'll be the center of this movie (like she wasn't in the first?!?!) The first Incredibles is just as much about her as it is about Mr Incredible. Maybe I'm missing something but she wasn't nobody's 2nd fiddle.

I have commented about the article:

If I remember articles released have said while the first one was about Mr.Incredible's struggles with missing the glory days and modern family life, this one will be more focused on Helan and her issues as the core with the family's subplots around that, if that makes sense.

Edit: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1737840/what-elastigirl-is-going-to-be-up-to-in-the-incredibles-2

I'm more worried it'll be same "I miss old hero days and adventure" but with Elastic Girl, which wouldn't fit her or setting much.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

I'd say the first films story was probably 60/40 with the 60 going towards Mr. Incredible and the 40 being split between the family. The main thrust of Incredibles was Bob's midlife crisis and the rest of the family was just kind of reacting to his decision