• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
4tp2O1B.jpg

Rumors of a Microsoft and Razer partnership were circulating for some time, and back in September we reported that an Xbox One mouse and keyboard setup was on a horizon. This was confirmed at X018, when the firm revealed its "Designed for Xbox" mice and keyboard, with features like a dedicated Xbox button and "Xbox Dynamic Lighting."

Aside from a flashy trailer featuring glimpses of the mouse and keyboard, Razer didn't provide any other details. We only knew that more information would be announced at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2019) next year. While we still don't know how much this fabled mouse and keyboard will cost, we've now a better look at the device on Razer's website.

You can clearly see the Xbox Button on the bottom right where the "Control" key should be. The Xbox Dynamic Lighting is also on display and appears to be based on Razer's "Chroma" technology which provides similar functions on the company's keyboards. All in all, it's a gorgeous device, bolstered by its mechanical keys. Hopefully it'll won't be too hefty and tout strong battery life.

https://www.windowscentral.com/get-your-first-look-razers-xbox-one-mouse-and-keyboard

Looks very similar (functionality wise) to their Razer Turret Keyboard and Mouse combo except with colorful lighting. It looks like the mousepad can slide into the keyboard.

Last edited:

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping they'd try to match the Xbox One's kind of minimalist black/white thing, but nope looks like the usual garish Razer tripe. Even the plastic looks cheap, but I'm not a plastic expert so maybe I'm wrong.

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
If it's like the Turret, it'll be way too small.

I really need Roccat to release a wireless Sova.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I was kinda hoping it would have more of an Xbox look to it, this seems just like all Razer stuff. It's fine, just doesn't seem to stand out enough for me to want to get it I think.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I assume this is their lapboard design. The mousepad is too small and also has no where to rest your wrist except right on the small plastic ledge there.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't this fuck up all online games? Especially shooting games. Controller can't hang with keyboard and mouse when it comes to game play.

OP
OP
Ukumio

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Shouldn't this fuck up all online games? Especially shooting games. Controller can't hang with keyboard and mouse when it comes to game play.
Microsoft provides KB+M support natively, but that doesn't mean it will be enabled in all games. Keyboard and mouse has to be enabled by developers, meaning its on the developers to separate KB+M players from Controller players if it seems unfair.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine most games would have to maintain two separates queues. I remember playing Gears 4 and going up against some KB/M players and getting absolutely obliterated.

DonPedro

Nov 15, 2018
Looks very similar (functionality wise) to their Razer Turret Keyboard and Mouse combo except with dynamic lighting.

Similar on design, but not really the same. Razer Turret was a low-profile membrane keyboard, and this coming Razer product really looks like a regular BlackWidow Chroma design with mechanical switches

Razer Turret had a Orochi model mouse, and for this upcoming product, looking at the pic, that looks like a Mamba

razer-turret-onlap1-1500x1000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.