• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017

It's trending over twitter right now.

Bad - still on earth - no Mobius/South Island/Angel Island
Good - Knuckles placeholder look awesome. LOL at Mean Bean cafe

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Guess we know the OT subtitle then. And Aw I was hoping theyd anime hometown green hills and go Galaxy hopping. That'd fix the issues with the first one

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

It's trending over twitter right now.

Bad - still on earth - no Mobius/South Island/Angel Island
Good - Knuckles placeholder look awesome. LOL at Mean Bean cafe

They have to spend at least some time on Earth since that's where Sonic is and where Tails showed up at the end of the first. Would love if they left at some point for some Death Egg/Chaos Emerald action, especially since Robotnik is coming back.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Somehow, I hope they make this so that if you play this movie at the same time as the original movie, Knuckles unlocks new scenes in the original movie.

Also: Mean Bean Machine reference. They're leaning into this shit now and I love it.

Rooie

Feb 16, 2021
On one hand, I like Knuckles, but on the other hand, they really missed their chance to name the next movie Sonic 3 & Knuckles 😔

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
It's funny how they felt the need to update everyone's designs for the movies...but Tails is fine.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Can they re-use the Sonic & Knuckles logo for this movie probably one of the best of the genesis era.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
The Knuckles doll doesn't have the white Nike chest thing. Fuck this movie.

Eh I think it might be different in the final CGI model.

I looked at it closer and it looks like that Sonic prop also doesn't have that little white spot inbetween his eyes (an attempt to simulate his mono-eye) as he did in the first film.

OP
OP
MaverickHunterX
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Momoa has been confirmed just yet. It might still be The Rock, haha.
That's good. Like I said in another thread, I'd pay $15 for Knuckles to get Sonic a Rock Bottom and call him a jabroni. And in case Sonic 3 is a Sonic CD adaptation, Kristen Schaal for Amy Rose please.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Now I want them to use those placeholders instead of cgi in the final movie. This would make it a so much better experience for me.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Knuckles looks great and the coffee shop is great, lol. Definitely way too early to say this is Earth only.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
There's my boy, hopefully we have more exciting locales other than earth.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that I'm excited for more Sonic movies, but here I am I guess lol.

There's so much shit that they can use for future movies: the chaos emeralds, Metal Sonic, the Death Egg, Robotnik's grandfather and Shadow.

The Death Egg might seem too much for a more "realistic" take on the story that these movies are doing, but you could easily get the audience to suspend their disbelief with an explanation such as Robotnik using the power of the chaos emerals, an army of autonomous robots and 3D printing tech. He could build the Death Egg on another world, and use a ring to teleport it around Earth's orbit.

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping for off-world or Zone locations. Those would of course be CG, so we probably won't see any sets for those.

Knuckles' proportions looks pretty nice. Don't care for the kinda floppy spines though, and where is his chest mark?

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
If G.U.N. is on the movie, I'm willing to bet that Shadow will appear either on the post credits, or on the next one.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I can't believe the first film was as good as it was.

I can't believe I want to see the sequel.

I can't believe I'm saying this at this point in time

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Knuckles looking great as expected. Really excited that GUN is in the movie too, I honestly thought it'd be another movie or two before they got to anything from SA2.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like the movie to go to Sonic's world but I doubt that'll happen, at least not for the majority of this film anyway.

Still giddy that it's happening though, and that we could even get to a point where they do the Chaos Emeralds.

Also glad to see Knuckles is more like Sonic 1-3 version and not the Sonic Boom design.