• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

View: https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1549363407614185472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1549365211487944704%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=

looks like its from a studio tour.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BZpiZ3HrCA

screens seem to be shown at 10:00 into the video

From the article using translate.

"Ryu ga Gotoku 8" was announced in October 2021 together with the new system of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, but the details have not been released at all. However, the video of the new work is also shown in this YouTube video, and the content is full of service spirit like a dragon.

Mikuru Asakura was originally interested in the "Yakuza" series. In this video, Sega President Haruki Satomi and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio Representative Masayoshi Yokoyama made a direct offer to Mikuru Asakura. Despite being puzzled by the sudden offer to appear, Mikuru Asakura agrees to appear. It was decided to appear on the spot. By the way, in "Ryu ga Gotoku 8", he has not consulted with other actors and talents yet, and this is the first appearance offer.

From the conversation between President Haruki Satomi and Masayoshi Yokoyama, the development of a title different from "Ryu ga Gotoku 8" is underway at Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, and a new town is in "Ryu ga Gotoku 8". There are also comments about the appearance, so please check the video for details.

describing a scene:

In the released scene, an exchange with a person who seems to be Namba (Yu Namba) and Mr. Adachi (Koichi Adachi) who appeared in the previous work "Ryu ga Gotoku 7" appeared. In addition, although Kasuga's most likely person has appeared, it seems that his hair is tied behind him instead of Afro.

FYB01m-RVs-AIhi-Y.jpg

IT'S A PONYTAIL not a new haircut. thanks for the screen Xenosaga

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Hope Ichiban keeps short hair. Can't stand that crazy mane of his.

Edit: Oh darn it's just tied back?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Ichibans hair, though maybe it's only temporary.

I thought they might go for a fully new party besides Ichiban since the cast resolved their stories but good to see Nanba and Adachi. Though maybe they're not playable.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
im willing to bet the crazy hair will come back after whatever shenanigans occur in the first hour, a bit like in 7.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
FYB01mRVsAIhi-Y

it's a bit hard to tell, but if you look at the footage his new hairstyle has ponytail.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
It might have been inevitable but still good to see something concrete. I need to get back to LAD and finish it lol.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if theyll keep the turn based combat or go back to real time

They've stated more than once that Ichiban's games will remain turn based titles. I think they even stated so a few months ago just this year. It'd be cool to see if they did a hybrid or gave players the option to choose between turn based and brawler, but this is me entertaining Toshihiro Nagoshi's ideas in one interview, and he's not there at Sega anymore.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Bring back the fucking afro or get my man a fade

Not this ugly ponytail shit

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
They really nerfed Ichiban's hair...
Looking good though. I like how casually they're announcing RGG games now.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Was expecting a new town but good to get confirmation. Though I hope they don't try and include Kamurocho again when Ichiban doesnt have any ties there. There wasn't much to do there in 7 and felt like the story only went there for the sake of it. Just spend the time fleshing out Yokohama and the new location instead.

Oct 25, 2017
Was expecting a new town but good to get confirmation. Though I hope they don't try and include Kamurocho again when Ichiban doesnt have any ties there. There wasn't much to do there in 7 and felt like the story only went there for the sake of it. Just spend the time fleshing out Yokohama and the new location instead.
Yea just let that place go lol

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I adored 7. I want more of the same but with more jobs, more party members and perhaps a higher level cap (if the job levels max at 100 then let the character levels go to 200). Such a fun game!

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I hope they bring back the entire party and Seong Hui. Yakuza has a bad habit of forgetting about supporting characters and I hope it doesn't continue. I like those characters far too much.

It's hard to see but I think the ponytail doesn't look bad. I vastly prefer the mane though.

Also I'm so glad there'll be a new town. I thought Yokohama could hold up but Lost Judgment already made me get sick of it. It doesn't have the staying power like Kamurocho.