• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is the first of a new series of shorts, which they're making 1000+ minutes worth of and will vary from one to six minutes. This being one of the shorter ones it seems. Really impressed by the animation in this!

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
WB got shook from those super super good new Mickey Mouse cartoons huh?

Feels like old Looney Toons though.

Oct 27, 2017
The way it emulates the original style of animation is incredible. I'm so glad it's none of that hyper stylized flash looking garbage that's been so popular in animation revivals in recent years.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
It looks good, but the lack of build up is jarring. Really hope some of these upcoming cartoons are longer than a minute and a half.

Also is Elmer not allowed to have his shotgun anymore? Thanks a lot gun control.

Oct 25, 2017
It looks good, but the lack of build up is jarring. Really hope some of these upcoming cartoons are longer than a minute and a half.

Also is Elmer not allowed to have his shotgun anymore? Thanks a lot gun control.
oufjYj5.jpg

Hickbilly

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Animation looked good, but it wasnt very funny. Like, at all.

Also, Fudd isnt Fudd without his signature shotgun. Which makes me fear for Yosamite Sam.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
I dunno why, but I now want a "Bugs Bunny is trash" series from Funny or Die.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
WB had a popular Looney Toons revival before the new Disney stuff started.

As with anything on Cartoon Network, management didn't care.

The Looney Toons show was....Not my jam.

But yeah, anything hosted on CN but not coming from their internal studios are destined to die on the vine no matter how good they are. RIP Sonic Boom.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I'll wait until more come out to hold judgement, and as much as I want to absolutely love the new Disney ones, I'm glad this has more of a traditional animation look to it. I don't really like that popout Flash look that Disney has going right now for Mickey cartoons. I really do like them though!

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm glad they're trying to emulate the Bob Clampett shorts instead of just trying painfully hard to copy Chuck Jones like so many times before.

And the nice thing is that we'll get to see wacky Daffy in action again instead of the egotistical patsy version.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
In a way, it's true to the original, but this doesn't really work as a stand-alone. Maybe as a denouement to a longer piece, but part of what makes Looney Tunes work is the build-up to gags, the periods of silence and camera-mugging. Those CG Coyote and Road Runner cartoons were much better evocations of the form.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I like the animation/style of the two clips posted so far. Hopefully this will work out better than the past Looney Tune revival attempts.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They announced this project like 2-3 years ago if I remember correctly.

So happy to finally see some of this, god I love Looney Tunes. Great first look. I'm ecstatically waiting for the other 999 minutes.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor

WHAT SIN IS THIS!?

Can anime fans even handle that amount of animation?

Pumpkinator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Without Mel Blanc, I just can't. I could never get past the way the newer voice actors always just sound so off to me. It's way too distracting for me to ever enjoy the newer stuff.

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
That was great. It's interesting that WB and disney are taking two completely opposite approaches with their classic characters. While Disney seems content on making everything look like 2 Stupid Dogs, WB seems to be saying, "fuck it, let's just go back to the 1940s". Good on ya, WB.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It's beautiful (and it's not that flash looking trash that animators are basically forced to use now-a-days).

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

As with anything on Cartoon Network, management didn't care.

I'm SO sad this show only had 2 seasons. Bring it back! It was GREAT. The "Wabbit" show they had afterwards was much worse. Putting these characters into a sitcom like setting is just gold.

NYCrooner

Jan 3, 2018
I'm very pleased. Grew up watching the shit out of Looney Tunes and this looks very faithful to the originals. Awesome!

gsab1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Without Mel Blanc, I just can't. I could never get past the way the newer voice actors always just sound so off to me. It's way too distracting for me to ever enjoy the newer stuff.
Judging from the short and the clip they might just avoid having dialogue or just use Mel Blanc recordings like the cgi shorts.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I started smiling at the classic aesthetics.

I screamed when Bugs laid out the dynamite sticks the second go-around.

10/10 would explode again.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Animation is fantastic, but at a minute the gags were so fast they werent given a moment to land. With them doing 200ish shorts of varying times I hope theres more longer ones and this is more meant as an interstitial or something.

I remember really liking the first half of most Wabbit shorts when they were setting up the premise, and then the second half usually devolved to "big fight scene" for its slapstick which got tiring real fast so I hope these dont go down that route

I read this was made by the dude who made the Uncle Grandpa show.

Also why is Bugs gloves yellow?
Its a reference to Chuck Jones' first short with Bugs Bunny

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's the fucking point if Elmer Fudd never says "Be Vewy Vewy Quiet I'm Hunting Wabbits"

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But yeah, anything hosted on CN but not coming from their internal studios are destined to die on the vine no matter how good they are. RIP Sonic Boom.
It averaged something ridiculous like 3 million viewers an episode throughout it's entire run and yet they cancelled that hit with the quickness.

CN in the early 10's was just littered with awful management.