• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

A reminder that:
-any character is playable in this mode, in this demo they used Caesar and Bayek.
-Voiced narration and a dynamic camera highlighting the locations are shown.
-All hostile AI is supposed to be disabled in this mode

Anim

Oct 29, 2017
This looks amazing. Now I want a mode like that for previous AC games. I really like the virtual tourism aspect of the series, so this mode should be perfect for me.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I hoped this would be a Crossing Eden post and I was not disappointed.

This mode looks really cool. Just learning about the cultures in Assassin's Creed games is half the fun. Remove the gameplay elements in a mode to explore is just genius.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this is incredible! Might have to buy the game now, always loved the AC Games because of the historical locations, even though they weren't my favorites when it comes to the gameplay.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not going to lie, this looks absolutely amazing.

Sabrina Rei

Oct 30, 2017
I know I'm in the minority here but I miss Shawn's off the cuff, acerbic wit. He made history seem a little less crowns and curtains and a lot more human.

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
This looks seriously cool. My boyfriend, for instance, always wanted to get into AC because of the settings and the historical part of the experience, but he finds the gameplay elements a little bit too overwhelming. I'm almost sure he will like this mode.

King of Cups

Oct 27, 2017
Finally!! I've wanted this since the very first game. All of the historical elements are a very large part of why I enjoyed the games. I'm glad they've decided to include this.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Is it bad that I'm more interested in this part of the game than the actual base game? My fiancé would also love this since she loves ancient Egypt stuff. This would be perfect for VR too, but no dice I guess.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Playing through this now I really miss the codex, I'm glad this is coming and I hope they include people as well

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm in the minority here but I miss Shawn's off the cuff, acerbic wit. He made history seem a little less crowns and curtains and a lot more human.

I found his "acerbic wit" to be anything but. It was absolute trash writing and not funny in the least. I was extremely happy when they removed that garbage from Syndicate.

I think one of the games even gave you an option to disable his "humor". I think it was Unity.

Verdanth

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Thinking it'll likely only be human rigs only.

But...

croc.jpg

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I found his "acerbic wit" to be anything but. It was absolute trash writing and not funny in the least. I was extremely happy when they removed that garbage from Syndicate.

I think one of the games even gave you an option to disable his "humor". I think it was Unity.
It was in Syndicate, his beer tasting notes were pretty hilarious:
2nzcf3b88kyp.jpg

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Can only agree with the other people here and say that this looks really, really cool.

The world they build with Origins is incredibly impressive both in scale and in attention to detail, so getting that extra mileage out of it for people interested in history is a really great idea.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
I hoped this would be a Crossing Eden post and I was not disappointed.

This mode looks really cool. Just learning about the cultures in Assassin's Creed games is half the fun. Remove the gameplay elements in a mode to explore is just genius.
Who else,right? :P
This was definitely a great idea and looks very nice.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
This is so cool that they add this feature.

Its really interesting just to listen to the history of the games environment.

And people say video games are not good for school and education.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
This... Actually seems cool? I wonder if such things could be explored further for actual, real, serious educational purposes? Like AAA style education games :D