• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice... very nice. Glad I have two switches.

Edit: did the revised switch ever get released? The one that fixes the exploit?

dabs furiously

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is it easier to install this time as opposed to the first way to get retroarch?

Stimpack

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to play old games. That's all I want. I've recently looked into the sx os stuff, which says it's supported by all firmwares, but I've read that retroarch has issues working with sx os. Does anyone know if this is working for it? My switch is updated to the latest.

May 3, 2018
User Warned: Equating emulation with piracy, derailing
i mean you're installing homebrew to play games illegally what did you think would happen to your account

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's the killer right there.

Yea, if you have a switch already, buy a new one, backup all your saves to the cloud(unless you have Splatoon 2, in which case I hope you're okay rerolling for gear and working up your rank again), transfer to new switch.
Hack old switch to hearts content.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
If EA would release Madden and NHL on Switch, it would be my ultimate console.

Hopefully n64(specifically zeldas and mario) and ps1 (xenogears and ff) run well on here. If Wind Waker(or wwhd is ported) ran great on it, this would become my alltime favorite console that plays allof my favorite games

CoL

Oct 25, 2017
First buildbot releases are here:

https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/switch/libnx/

The main page will get the official link soon:

https://www.retroarch.com/index.php?page=platforms

It got OpenGL Support, shader and even Netplay!

(S)NES, GB(A), and Genesis works flawless, PSX works alright!

And Nintendo is still stuck on their NES games lol.

Some examples I quickly took:

Main Menu:
S5L6evS.jpg

Some shaders:
GBA:
zXvtgIn.jpg

GBC:
GyQoGnI.jpg

SNES with scalefx for that sweet HD look:
hjBDDLT.jpg

And even PSX:
8fKXqf9.jpg

Dang these look really cool.

Quick question. I used emulators on Pc back in the day like 2 decades ago, but I've never used retroarch or any of the current emulators for consoles.

What's the feature set like for this Switch version for example. Can you edit the resolution of the games? Can you increase the resolution of nes/snes/gba games to 720p for handheld/1080p for docked? and would they run great? can you add filters? force anisotropic filters, anti aliasing (obviously talking for N64/ps1 and so on)?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
C'mon, Switch revision! Can't wait to buy one for my main account and then hack my launch unit into oblivion.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Its illegal if you don't have the games and just downloads thr rom's. How does downloading any games without paying help a publisher keep the place running. This thread isn't about piracy but 7/10 times, thats what emulation does is bring out pirates.

We already had this discussion hundreds of times in this forum and the mod ruling was that the concern trolling is just derailing threads about homebrews. There's no point coming in here assuming that people will pirate because the subject is about emulators, not roms.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
so funny to see a scene at the begining, like the need to specify that snes games runs flawlesly xD

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
User Banned (3 Days): justifying piracy
Its illegal if you don't have the games and just downloads thr rom's. How does downloading any games without paying help a publisher keep the place running. This thread isn't about piracy but 7/10 times, thats what emulation does is bring out pirates.

Piracy is a service problem, a majority of people wouldn't download ROMs if Nintendo or Sony offered games from their older systems on their current platforms. Nintendo added NES games but no one, besides a small group of people, gives a fuck about them. If Nintendo drops SNES, GBA, GBC, GB, N64, DS, GC and Wii on Switch, I'll never open my emulators ever again. Same with Sony.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9290

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Waiting for the inevitable Switch revision. By then the home brew scene will have matured, and I can transfer my account to the new Switch and hack my current.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Nintendo's lack of having their shit together when it comes to legally emulating old games (ie, bought from the store) never ceases to amaze

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
How does this compare to RetroNX. I've been using that for months, and aside from some annoyances with certain MSX disk recognition, it's been wonderful.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So far I don't see anything my homebrew PSV can't do, but if support for PS2 and GC ever happens, I will reconsider.

Nintendo's lack of having their shit together when it comes to legally emulating old games (ie, bought from the store) never ceases to amaze
Wait, are you telling me you don't want to buy that $100 toy that plays 20 predetermined SNES games? Well that's your fault the games you like are not deemed classic by Nintendo.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And in 10/10 threads, legal stuff regarding emulation gets derailed by piracy discussion.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9290

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How does this compare to RetroNX. I've been using that for months, and aside from some annoyances with certain MSX disk recognition, it's been wonderful.

10x better. Now everything is in place like in retroarch on PC. Most of the options are working and you also got shader support and multi player over internet with netplay.