• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ValeYard

Oct 25, 2017
The cartridge slot sounds like a good idea. So far I'm not digging the sideways position at all. Looks like a box lying sideways and I'm not sure I can reshuffle stuff for the vertical orientation.

I need a turnable Xbox logo like PS2 and the fat PS3.

Oct 30, 2017
It is a mock up by Xbox Pope - But still solid.

EOLLK0ZW4AEiQjR

EOLLK0bXUAEKsDW

My Fav one Sooo good HALO!!

EOLLK0rXUAApJ7J

Love this one as well.
Fucking barf. Those suckers need a Monster Energy Drink sticker plastered on their sides.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Make one look like an army metal storage box. People would dig that.

It's actually a great base for cool designs and considering it just looks weird on it's side, probably standing tall somewhere so you get to see it.

Last edited:

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually a bit concerned after seeing this that they intend to start selling it early to get the jump on PS5. Manufacturing 'prototypes' in essentially the final form factor and design a full year in advance seems a bit extreme does it not?

I like the idea of them launching a bit early to get a head start on Sony (if they can sell it for $499 even at a loss for a few months), but given the lack of exclusive games for it and the fact the the X1X is a thing already it's hard to imagine it playing out well for them.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I'm actually a bit concerned after seeing this that they intend to start selling it early to get the jump on PS5. Manufacturing 'prototypes' in essentially the final form factor and design a full year in advance seems a bit extreme does it not?

I like the idea of them launching a bit early to get a head start on Sony (if they can sell it for $499 even at a loss for a few months), but given the lack of exclusive games for it and the fact the the X1X is a thing already it's hard to imagine it playing out well for them.

I see them launching end of September to get a head start. Halo should be ready by then in addition to all the third party (Cyberpunk, Assassins creed, COD etc)

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly think it looks awesome. It being so beastly just adds to it's appeal.

Next-gen can't come soon enough!

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
If the marketing team miss the very obvious 2001 parallels they deserve a good spanking.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
My recent phone chargers have a type c port, but overall you're right.

Getting back to the design, "Dude, you're getting a dell!". Guess I can put it next to the subwoofer and go for some kind of visual arrangement.

One reason I think it won't happen is because with a phone, you always get a charger too, on Playstation, you only get a cable and I don't believe they put a cable into the box that nobody can use anywhere because it isn't really a standard yet. That's anti consumer, that's not happening. They could put a charger into the box too to get it over, sure, but it would surprise me.

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of the creations by pope I must say. After the initial reveal of the console I think I saw some that were quite nice, but not 100% sure.

Seems like pope overdoes the use of sharpness and makes everything just way too busy. Less is more is something I believe he/she could adhere to in order to improve his/her creations.

Curious about the cylindrical foot of the console. Maybe it is just simply that, or something that can be detached in order to attach something else for the future? Microsoft with their carbon footprint news could become even better if the console could be upgraded in some way and thus not become "obsolete".

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
Anyone else think that long rectangular port in the middle looks like it might fit an M2 SSD?

Maybe not a standard PC one but I think that's the HD expansion slot right there. They will most likely be Xbox specific built drives though rather than plug in pc type parts.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone else think that long rectangular port in the middle looks like it might fit an M2 SSD?

Maybe not a standard PC one but I think that's the HD expansion slot right there. They will most likely be Xbox specific built drives though rather than plug in pc type parts.
Considering they are pushing SSD speeds and beyond and the majority of external HDDs people have just wont cut it, it makes sense to have expansion support.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
I see them launching end of September to get a head start. Halo should be ready by then in addition to all the third party (Cyberpunk, Assassins creed, COD etc)
That actually makes a ton of sense, just a month or two early. Best box for the AAA multiplats that are just out and Halo... a sort of 'why not buy this one right now instead of waiting for PS5? It's more powerful than PS5 anyway' would be pretty compelling.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Still incredibly disappointed at the lack of USB-C ports. I just cannot fathom how they aren't even bothering to include one of them on this thing.

For the two boomers that remember that?
Nobody besides boomers remembers a movie that is still regularly in "top 10 best films of all time" lists.

Dec 10, 2019
Still incredibly disappointed at the lack of USB-C ports. I just cannot fathom how they aren't even bothering to include one of them on this thing.

Nobody besides boomers remembers a movie that is still regularly in "top 10 best films of all time" lists.

Majority of accessory is still USB Typ A.
They want people to still use their Xbox One stuff. There is no space constrain.
Those are not ports to charge. USB 3.1 and Typ C isn't cheap.
Most USB Typ C phone ports are not even USB 3.1

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Majority of accessory is still USB Typ A.
They want people to still use their Xbox One stuff. There is no space constrain.
Those are not ports to charge. USB 3.1 and Typ C isn't cheap.
Most USB Typ C phone ports are not even USB 3.1
I'm not saying to ditch Type-A completely, but to have zero Type-C ports on a new hardware generation coming out in late 2020?

That's fucking absurd.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not saying to ditch Type-A completely, but to have zero Type-C ports on a new hardware generation coming out in late 2020?

That's fucking absurd.
Thing is, what USB C things are people really going to plug in that requires a USB C to USB C? Apart from data transfer, its mainly for quick charging phones etc, so unless they plan to add a quick charger option to controllers (Which would be awesome tbh), I don't see the need for dedicated USB C ports. Not that it takes up much space of course, so they may as well.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Majority of accessory is still USB Type A.
Those are not ports to charge. USB 3.1 and Type C isn't cheap.
Most USB Type C phone ports are not even USB 3.1

Yep, weird to see the disappointment for lack of USB-C, which is meant for portable device to save space. And, whatever phone or laptop you bought that has USB-C is likely more expensive than even the highest estimates for these systems.

And even for laptops, most are still outnumbered by their USB-A ports. Microsoft isn't designing this system to make it easier to charge your phones. That goes for people talking about USB 4.0 (!) and such...consoles were never about cutting edge tech for the most part.

It's a new decade, let those previous decade console designs die with it.
I agree...everyone wants to talk about the massive power increase these systems will have and if they will reach parity with high-end PCs...how can they do that and keep the system the same size while keeping it cool? Since the 90s, every new gen has increased in size and to a lesser extent, weight.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
These custom made looks for the Xbox SeX that are getting posted here look all so hideous.

Really not a great looking console especially if you put shit on it.