• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
This is how it looks like in german Amazon charts right now

bestseller.png
Thats a recent/hourly chart so PS5 cant chart anymore if it have been days without stock

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
After 24h since Amazon Pre-Orders unlock and as we speak Xbox Series X is:

#1 Best Seller in Amazon France, surpassing PS5

#1 Best Seller in UK

#1 Best Seller in Italy

#1 Best Seller in Spain

#1 Best Seller in Germany

#1 Best Seller in USA

#1 Best Seller in Canada

An incredible feat managed by Microsoft, especially with the final Bethesda-nuke drop.
The OP is top sales of the year though. It's not really an incredible feat to be topping the recent bestsellers chart just after releasing your console preorders lol. It would be pretty embarrassing if they weren't at the top of the hourly charts.

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
i mean, its freaking playstation. the biggest gaming brand and one of the biggest brands in general. lets give xbox a few years to build opon their bethesda purchase and compare them next gen.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
The chart itself only really shows supply (Amazon have more PS5 stock than XSX). The demand side still can't be quantified or analysed properly outside of 'pretty similar' as they're both sold out and we have no idea how many people couldn't get one who wanted one.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
As others have said, this isn't an indication of performance if they've both sold out. Just looks like Sony has a higher stock. Which makes sense, they're coming off the PS4. Xbox is making all the right moves but has a ways to go still.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely think Amazon Spain doesn't have a yearly ranking. The gp/bestsellers/2020/videogames link leads nowhere.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So im on the US 2020 best selling video games and PS5 isn't even on it with XSX sitting at 38

Amazon.com Best Sellers of 2020 in Video Games

Discover Amazon’s Top 100 best-selling products in 2012, 2011, 2010 and beyond. View the Top 100 best sellers for each year, in Amazon Books, Kindle Books, Music, MP3 Songs and Video Games. Browse Amazon’s “Best of 2012 (So Far)” list to find the most popular products throughout the year based...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The chart itself only really shows supply (Amazon have more PS5 stock than XSX). The demand side still can't be quantified or analysed properly outside of 'pretty similar' as they're both sold out and we have no idea how many people couldn't get one who wanted one.
Pretty much. PS5 DE sold out in under 3 minutes on Amazon UK. XSX and PS5 disc seemed comparable with maybe the former edging it out. Smile link went up early so a little hard to gauge.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Think we can say much out of this. Kinda dont need to also.
Seems these consoles are gonna be popular and will have stock issues for a while. Wich was expected.

I followed the the xbox stuff yesterday in Netherlands pretty close. Series X was sold out within 10 min. On the biggest retail site. Bol.com it was sold out within 5 min.
Series S on the otherhand is still available. Dont know the stock situation on that also.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After 24h since Amazon Pre-Orders unlock and as we speak Xbox Series X is:

#1 Best Seller in Amazon France, surpassing PS5

#1 Best Seller in UK

#1 Best Seller in Italy

#1 Best Seller in Spain

#1 Best Seller in Germany

#1 Best Seller in USA

#1 Best Seller in Canada

An incredible feat managed by Microsoft, especially with the final Bethesda-nuke drop.
Ummm these are hourly charts and the Xbox was up for release just yesterday so it'd be a disaster for Microsoft if it was lower on the charts than the PS5 which hasn't been restocked since last week.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These are all current bestsellers not Top 2020 bestsellers I think
Exactly. But even in the yearly charts the situation is obviously very much stock-limited, so i do not think one can draw any conclusions here except that Sony made a bit more PS5s available in Europe than MS - XSXs.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Seems these consoles are gonna be popular and will have stock issues for a while. Wich was expected.

I followed the the xbox stuff yesterday in Netherlands pretty close. Series X was sold out within 10 min. On the biggest retail site. Bol.com it was sold out within 5 min.
Series S on the otherhand is still available. Dont know the stock situation on that also.
I think amazon Germany was about the same. XSS still available.

However I don't think a console selling out before release is anything special, since demand is always higher than available units. When was the last time this hasn't been the case?

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
All it shows that Sony had far more units available for pre-order, because both are sold out.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
As others have said - both units are completely sold out everywhere, so this thread is pretty meaningless. At most you can infer that the XSX/S had far less stock than the PS5 comparatively.

"First picture of PS5 and XSX supply/demand" really only suggests that the demand for both has vastly outstripped supply.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'm actually surprised to see Series S still in stock after more than 24 hours in some countries, especially considering how low stock there is for it.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017

They should allocate some stock from MEA region. Both Xbox are still available to purchase here in Saudi Arabia

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if the reason for this massive space between them is because many, myself included, opted to go for a retailer offering the All Access scheme, which was only GAME and Smyths here in the UK. (They both messed up big time, though...)
Honestly, with the current global recession going on and people wanting to be distracted, I could very well see All Access being a massive hit. Hell, anecdotal but many of my friends including myself went it with XSX due to its insane value.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

I agree, very weird. My guess is I think Xbox loaded the US with more supply then they did Europe, and Sony loaded up Europe with more supply then they did the US. Which would make sense given those are their best markets respectively. Overall these numbers mean squat

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I'm actually surprised to see Series S still in stock after more than 24 hours in some countries, especially considering how low stock there is for it.
Those who buy consoles at launch are enthusiasts. The Series S isn't targeted towards them.

Give it 1-2 years to build some mindshare and marketing, perhaps a price-drop, and then you'll see Series S being the dominant Xbox SKU.

Also, Series S was literally announced less than a fortnight ago.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Has Sony released any more units since the pre-order date or is it just that initial allocation? Either way I think applauds all round.

Recent bestseller charts that are updated hourly vs the top sellers of 2020 to date - maybe?

Yeah it is, edited post to include 'recent sales'.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
I agree, very weird. My guess is I think Xbox loaded the US with more supply then they did Europe, and Sony loaded up Europe with more supply then they did the US. Which would make sense given those are their best markets respectively. Overall these numbers mean squat

Also, Amazon was one of the last places to do pre-orders for PS5. I think a lot of people got them from Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target and Gamestop since they were on it first.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
All of these Amazon best sellers aren't an accurate picture of sales. They look at what's currently best selling. Ps5 has been out of stock in every country for the past week, whereas Xbox has just started to allow pre orders so ofcourse Xbox will be ahead, that's how the best sellers on Amazon is done

Jan 4, 2018
On Amazon US, Best Sellers (videogames) of 2020 so far:

Series X : #38

Does anyone know why the PS5 isn't on the top 100 list ? That's odd

GhostofWar

Apr 5, 2019
It's obvious that logitech have unparalleled hardware production capacity.

Jokes aside whats the deal with that mouse.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
i mean, its freaking playstation. the biggest gaming brand and one of the biggest brands in general. lets give xbox a few years to build opon their bethesda purchase and compare them next gen.
Xbox has been here for 20 years, and it is Microsoft behind it.
How many more gens and billions $ do they need?

I think all 3 of them will have a great gen.

Jokes aside whats the deal with that mouse.

Good mouse, cheap (10€). Got one too from my job.

Home Office probably helped selling a lot of them.