• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Set designs-$5 million

Crew Wages- $2 million

Costume production and designs- $3 million

Robert Downey Jr- $150 million

CGI- $15 million

Will someone who is good at budgeting a movie help me please my movie is bombing

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This comes to mind for some reason

3AGX4S3.jpg
latest

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
what?

70 million budget against a 300 million box office and several sequels, how is that a bomb?
You managed to look up the 1998 film's gross without noticing it is not the original film?
Dr. Dolittle from 1967 had a 17 million dollar budget, equal to 130 million today, and made 9 million. It was a notorious bomb, after a very difficult and troubled production (mainly because having hundreds of animals for your film shoot is a terrible idea).

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Budget $175 million, In January?? And Downey's wife is the Producer...hmm

...is this where all that marvel money went cause who the hell at Universal have the budget for this lol

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What a fall from grace for RDJ, it's all downhill from here. RIP to a real one, love you whatever thousand or something.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually kind of mad that Blue Sky turned Will Smith into a spy pigeon. I wanted a family-friendly animated good old spy movie, not another human-transforming-to-animal movie.
The first trailer for that movie was weird for that, first part was looking interesting until the pidgeon appeared...
Then everybody knew it was going to be that kind of movie.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
When will Hollywood realize the only talking animal movies that were good were Babe and Babe 2: Pig in the City

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The first trailer for that movie was weird for that, first part was looking interesting until the pidgeon appeared...
Then everybody knew it was going to be that kind of movie.
Yeah, the most recent trailer for that movie deflated my hype quite a bit.

Anyway, back on topic. I have a soft spot for the Dolittle movies. I'd like this reboot to succeed, but I have little faith.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The question "why wouldn't he do this?"
Seems like an easy paycheck that might actually be entertaining to be in.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, how are his Sherlock Holmes movies? Are they worth watching? I'm not expecting high art just entertainment.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Could be fun, the first reboot with Eddie Murphy was fun. Will be interesting to see where this goes

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they are doing a remake already, though it has been 20 years since Eddie Murphy's Dolittle 1 I see.

Rabbit

Feb 24, 2018
The poster is not doing much for me. I am interested in how the trailer will be though.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
how much he getting paid? whatever it is isn't enough

especially if he's gonna be kissing on seals and shit

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
By the way, how are his Sherlock Holmes movies? Are they worth watching? I'm not expecting high art just entertainment.

They're good films, just very much "Guy Ritchie films" for all the positive and negatives that come with it. So if you like hyper-stylised and hyper energetic actions movies they are the thing for you.

Just don't expect too much in the way of a proper detective story, every clue or mystery is solved via some sort of action scene.