• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Veracity:

• Valid

Votes: 305 51.4%
  • Venal

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Val Venus

Votes: 234 39.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
V has come to.

HAO5mz4.png

As seen in the best community on resetera: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...-mostly-fan-noise-and-hot-air.129193/page-378

But as they say new news new thread.

Team XV teraflops if old.

Last edited:

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Reminder that we were played like fiddles with those "NX Leaks" made with 3D Blender images and 3D printing.

Also, even if it was legit or not, we KNOW that the PS5 devkits are starting to be handled out to have games for the launh in just a year.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
still hideous looking. at least the final console won't look like that

right?

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
T H I C C

I wonder how Cerny is going to stylize this one. His work on the base PS4 was phenomenal and it gave the console a sleek futuristic design that rivaled the OG Wii.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
finally lol

even if it is fake it took us this long to get an image of the devkit, especially since they already showed us the patent design

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Devkits rarely if ever are like the final product so they can be whatever shape they are. The PSV is going to be different .
True, but those devkits are usually just put in what seems to be some generic PC housing. This is an actual full fledged design made by Sony kinda like the PS2 dev kit, so we definitely can't rule out that the final PS5 design will look close to this dev kit.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Are dev kits usually this big? Not that I'd object with a larger PS5. Larger systems have been more reliable for me.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's real.

It'll be very interesting to see if the retail PS5 has a similar open middle for cooling like the dev kit.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Are dev kits usually this big? Not that I'd object with a larger PS5. Larger systems have been more reliable for me.
I think sometimes? Like I think for some older consoles they were actually the size of full desktop towers (right?), but I'm not sure how things work nowadays.

What's going on with USB port 1?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
True, but those devkits are usually just put in what seems to be some generic PC housing. This is an actual full fledged design made by Sony kinda like the PS2 dev kit, so we definitely can't rule out that the final PS5 design will look close to this dev kit.

Theres no way this thing would fit in a modern entertainment center, it looks like an OG Xbox prototype. Consumer version will look nothing like this imo

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
PS2 dev kit, for reference:
236033870_17e1a03326_z.jpg

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Eh, you can. The current PS4s Dev Kits are certainly "designed" and not in "generic PC housings." They also look nothing like retail units. The actual PS5 will not resemble our dev kits.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it looks something like that. Ventilation everywhere and easily accessible usb/hdmi ports. fucking weird angled ps4 is garbage.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
I hope the final design ends up looking wacky like that. Looks fun and game-y, which I kinda dig.