• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's fake.

27e59bfada79a1e27dc4e462ee5afa560fab31e5.736712-ela-600.png
What am I looking at here?

groganos

Jan 12, 2018
Ohhhhiiiiyyyoooo
I just hope it runs cool and not too loud but if it is that tall (I think the pic is most likely real) then I'm jokingly telling myself their novel cooling solution is a bunch of 40mm fans lining the case walls.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some real sad fanboys creating fake pics of PS5 to make it look bigger than it is. This is like the 3rd photoshopped pic I've seen spread atound Era.
The fanboys are the ones who are quickest to declare this image fake based on information that they don't really understand.
That fotoforensics analysis doesn't prove at all that the image is fake or photoshopped, but you didn't hesitate to believe it.

Last edited:

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What am I looking at here?
evidence that the image is compressed....

...however - and here's where things get crazy - non-detailed uniformly-colored surfaces with little gradation, within that very pic, aren't showing the same degree of compression-inherent noise as other more detailed compressed blocks are. For some reason. I know, I know, it's a real mystery.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing this reaction on sizes, I don't understand how you're an enthusiast on era and wants your console to have 4k pc performance without sounding like a jet engine, but can't fathom why itx builds with proper cooling is the way that it is.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing this reaction on sizes, I don't understand how you're an enthusiast on era and wants your console to have 4k pc performance without sounding like a jet engine, but can't fathom why itx builds with proper cooling is the way that it is.
There's a thing called overcompensation. MS had that problem with the Xbox One, look at the size of the original vs the S which also had the power supply inside. The XSX is smaller as well and more powerful and it's already been said to be silent.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's a thing called overcompensation. MS had that problem with the Xbox One, look at the size of the original vs the S which also had the power supply inside. The XSX is smaller as well and more powerful and it's already been said to be silent.
And look how tiny the ps2 is, but the ps2 isn't attempting to deliver what ps5 and series x is trying to achieve.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018

Wait why aren't they wearing face masks?

Since the source for this photo hasn't been confirmed, I'm going to cite no face masks as another reason this photo may be fake.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Something about this didn't sit right with me, so I opened the picture up in Photoshop and applied a simple color fill to the PS5. As evidenced by the highly visible rough edges of the PS5, you can clearly see that this is indeed a picture of some sort.

43904187-7797-4-AD0-87-E6-13-D9-BAA14-C1-A.jpg

I also gave them funny mustaches. And one of them has a chainsaw hand.

Hope that clears things up.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Something about this didn't sit right with me, so I opened the picture up in Photoshop and applied a simple color fill to the PS5. As evidenced by the highly visible rough edges of the PS5, you can clearly see that this is indeed a picture of some sort.

Annnnnd we're done here. 🤣

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
Y'all, we've proven the image analysis tool is imperfect, especially with white objects such as the PS5, plus two verified insiders have stated it's likely true. It's likely true.

Verchod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus it's almost the same size as his torso!
And he looks like he's struggling a bit trying to hold it. Soooo heavyyy

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
This is what I don't get. Whether the photo is real or not is completely irrelevant. We know the size of the PS5 and it's the biggest console, literally ever.

Why are so many so defensive about it? It doesn't ultimately change anything lol.
It's a bit bigger, look here:

www.resetera.com

First PS5 image straight from the factory?

Oh my god, the tool is 100% accurate!
It's definitely the tallest.
But it's shorter in the other two dimensions compared to the PS3.
PS3: 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D)
PS5: 380 mm (W) x 90mm (H) x ~254 mm(D)
PS3 is slightly bigger overall.

But still a monster of a console.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

watch sony fans defend this

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
And look how tiny the ps2 is, but the ps2 isn't attempting to deliver what ps5 and series x is trying to achieve.
I think you're missing my point. You're basically claiming that in order to be quiet it MUST be this big, when that's not necessarily true. The XSX is smaller, more powerful and silent. Sometimes companies overcompensate in order to correct a problem they had in the past. With Xbox it was the RROD and with Sony it's the jet engine fans of the PS4.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Its fucking hilarious. I so much prefer compact consoles but i can laugh, at least.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
LMFAO thats bigger than the dudes chest.

Either that or those are some tiny men.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
If this is real (and I hope not), Jesus.

No wonder they only show you a pseudo front/side view. No wonder they haven't released dimensions. This thing is borderline ridiculously big.

Afro_DusT

Apr 11, 2018
Not trying to console war here but how does Microsoft keep making consoles that are more powerful but smaller than Sony's?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The way I read how the tool works, it actually shows that the image looks exactly how you would expect a real image to look with an object that is a solid white color:

tD260cR.png
I supposed that ! So just for curiosity, what are the actual tools used to detect a photoshop ?

The dude holding the PS5 is the same dude in the background there lol

OP photo is real
What if they photoshopped him in the background ?