• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
It's not much but it's a start.

Screenshot_2018.jpg

http://v1interactive.com/news/2018/12/3/breadcrumbing

The auspicious timing of this blog post is most fortuitous!

As you may know, some of our Private Division label-mates will be showing off their hard work at the Game Awards tonight by pulling back the ol' velvet curtain on their projects. We're really excited for Panache and Obsidian! Not only for those busting their tails on those respective projects, but we're really excited to see more about those projects!

SO! What brings you here? Perhaps you saw a tweet or an article that led you to the label and then here. If it's your first time, welcome! For those that have been here before, welcome back!

We've had a very, very active couple of months. We're pretty sure our attention is where it belongs as we're churning away on our own project, but we certainly wanted to check in and say hello to you all.

We have an inkling that you're hearing a bit about us out there in the ether. We're fortunate to be mentioned in good company and even more fortunate to have your attention.

With that said, please enjoy a little peek of our project. Just a little something to mull over and speculate on.

Here's what we know about the game so far...

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...es-new-publishing-label-private-division.aspx

What it is...
V1 is keeping its project behind closed doors for the time being, but Lehto gave us one broad design stroke to stoke our imaginations. "The most I can say right now is it's a sci-fi first-person shooter very unlike any shooter that you've probably seen," he says. "It's kind of in our DNA, it's the kind of thing our studio is really dang good at making, so we are excited to everyday be pushing this game forward from the story perspective to the multiplayer side of things and all the other big parts."

Scope of the game...
Each is a smaller-scale project with smaller teams that maintain the production values gamers expect in a triple-A title, but deliver an experience tighter in scope and scale (think Ninja Theory's Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice). All are bringing new concepts they are passionate about to life in the hopes of finding the footing that can prove so elusive in this industry.

Platforms...

Last edited:

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I would say it's just not much. Period. It's just a landscape picture. It's really nothing at all to go on.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Excited to see what it is

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
it Seems it's for the Next-gen since he said Xbox , PS without numbers

and published by Private Division

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I would say it's just not much. Period. It's just a landscape picture. It's really nothing at all to go on.

You do get some info on setting with the futuristic(?) tank that's been overgrown and whatever is to the right of that rusted tanker.

I was mindful of that when putting the platforms in the thread title. Certainly is a bit curious.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
There is some nice lighting and colour work going on there

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England

and published by Private Division

Not with those visuals. Trees are always a big giveaway, massively lacking in current gen due to poly budgets. Look at the branches of the tree second in from the right. Poor fella. It's good looking by current gen standards (if uninspired artistically) but still VERY much current gen looking.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Not with those visuals. Trees are always a big giveaway, massively lacking in current gen due to poly budgets. Look at the branches of the tree second in from the right. Poor fella. It's good looking by current gen standards (if uninspired artistically) but still VERY much current gen looking.
i know the visuals aren't that great or Super but if it not 2019 then it's clearly next-gen and especially after saying PS,Xbox... and don't forget it's a independent developer

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
kinda half-life 2 vibes

not gonna lie, i was hoping for either something way different, or something that'd hew a bit closer to halo...

but eh, still intrigued.

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
I trust Lehto and crew on the gameplay side of things. As a first screenshot with no notable content to really spoil anything, this is serviceable. I personally am sick of dystopian/run down environments like these though.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
It is an Indie Team or big enough for AAA quality games?

The quote on scope in the OP is what you're looking for.

Each is a smaller-scale project with smaller teams that maintain the production values gamers expect in a triple-A title, but deliver an experience tighter in scope and scale (think Ninja Theory's Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice).

It's an indie team of >30 people (not including any external work) that are looking to be as efficient as possible to put out a smaller scoped, but high production value, title.

Last edited:

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
The quote on scope in the OP is what you're looking for.

It's an indie team of >30 people (not including any external work) that are looking to be as efficient as possible to put out a smaller scoped, but high production value, title.

Ah, sorry, I missed the last paragraph.
Cool then. When we have more info, I will include it in my Thread.
Cheers!!!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
For hidden things or notable objects I see the following...

Mech?
0UvZ4e3.png

Metal on the ground with the same indentation as the speeder looking hardware.

XVRAwkY.png

ZdW9Z0y.png

Last edited: