• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
D_lyNcDXUAERMj5.jpg

D_lyOESXsAAhr0Q.jpg

D_lyOqOWkAA2Yei.jpg

D_lyfk2XoAUbECD.jpg

Coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Steam on October 31 in Japan.

Taken from Famitsu: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201907/16179604.html

Killyoh

Oct 28, 2017
Paris, France
I was afraid by the barriers and the streamlined levels but based on the two pages from Famitsu it seems there'll be challenge and variety.

Hyped

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Huh, curious as to why the Famitsu article mentions Wii a couple of times...does it have any relation to Banana Blitz or Step and Roll?

OP
OP
Neat

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Huh, curious as to why the Famitsu article mentions Wii a couple of times...does it have any relation to Banana Blitz or Step and Roll?
Here is the Google translation of the article:

"God eat! "Super Monkey Ball" is released on October 31 in Switch / PS4. The Steam version is also a remake of Wii 'Ukiuki Party Large Set'. What is the attraction of this work that Nagoshi talks about? [First-out weekly Fami Tsu]

In the weekly issue of Famitsu August 1, 2019 (released on July 18, 2019), Sega Games will release the Nintendo Switch and Play Station 4 on October 31, 2019 (Steam version will be released on a "December") "Super Monkey Series latest work "Tagoro! We deliver the new scoop of "Super Monkey Ball"!

Uri's action game "Super Monkey Ball" is a simple game style and operation that aims at the goal by rolling the ball containing your monkey.

In the weekly magazine Famitsu August 1, 2019 issue (released on July 18, 2019), the latest work "Tagogo!" Remake of "Uki Uki Party Large Assembly" released on Wii in 2006! We publish scoop article of "super monkey ball"! Beside the features and attractiveness of the game, it introduces a variety of additional functions, and is the creator of Super Monkey Ball, and is a producer and director in this work, and is a general director of the studio like Ryugagata There is also an interview with Mr. Masao Kinozaki who has been selected (※ Saki is properly standing on the mountain), so don't miss it!

Please check the details in the weekly issue of Famitsu August 1, 2019 (released on July 18, 2019)!

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to this. Banana Splitz on the Vita left a bad taste in my mouth--like after eating a rotten banana--so I want a Monkey Ball that bounces the series back in a positive direction.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Looking good!

edit: oh it's a remake. Title fooled me before the edit.

Last edited:

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I wonder why this is beign anounced so casually? Its coming out in 3 months and we had no big anouncement of it

Edit: Oh its a remake. Nvm

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Did Banana Blitz exclusively use motion controls on Wii?

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
It's a remake of the Wii game.

Edit: remake of Banana Blitz to be precise
Here is the Google translation of the article:

Thanks! Yeah comparing footage of it to Banana Blitz and that seems right.

I remember liking BB but man I don't remember much of it...certainly hasn't stuck in my memory like the first two on Gamecube have. I recall the mini games going very far into quantity over quality territory :p

...wait does that mean this is getting remastered

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Shame it's a remake, already played it and it was not that great.
They added a jump button on this one iirc.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
If the reason people didn't like Banana blitz was the motion controls I would presume this remake won't have them.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
BB had a jump button and the worst mini games. I wish they'd have just done the GC duo if they're doing a remaster.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I was upset that it wasn't coming to Xbox but it's not even a remake of a good one.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I won't be interested in this if it won't include the first two games.

Banana Blitz was awful.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they remade 1+2 instead. As a reminder of what makes super monkey ball awesome.

Then made Super Monkey ball 3.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
If the reason people didn't like Banana blitz was the motion controls I would presume this remake won't have them.
Honestly I'd expect multiple control schemes, both motion and buttons only. BB sold great even if it's rep isn't that hot and all 3 platforms support tilt control. The only console that doesn't is the one it's skipping.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a game in this series. Perhaps this will be an okay place to start.