• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Bit errrrugh on the cliched dialogue and the obligatory Marvel air fight, but I'm loving the tone of the trailer and the cinematography otherwise. The trailer music is absolutely fantastic - I presume it's just music for the trailer, sadly, and not from the film's score.

Considering the journey Black Widow has gone on through in the MCU with objectifying shots in both advertising and within the films themselves, this trailer felt incredibly cathartic to have finally moved completely past that. While the MCU has improved in that regard over the years, and BW is obviously still designed to be an appealing character, it now truly feels like she's being treated like any of the male protagonists. I loved the fight scene between her and Yelena in particular - sharp and brutal, with no objectifying shots. Contrast that to some of the way BW's fight scenes were framed back when we first met her in IM2... we've come a long way. And even ignoring BW's previous treatment, it's just genuinely great to have a female protagonist action/thriller film. I'm still baffled it took Marvel so long.

...as someone who only knows the broad strokes of BW's backstory, I was also thoroughly amused at the sight of Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh, Rachel Weisz, and David Harbour at one of the weirdest freakin' dinners I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to further context, lol.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EK2Ry_DX0AAHyTC

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
While it looks alright it also feels very low stakes post Endgame.

It'll be interesting to see how general audiences take to this given that the Black Widow 'chapter' of the MCU is over.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm conflicted. On one hand until the part where Red Guardian and Taskmaster show up I was thinking, huh for a marvel movie about a super assassin this is showing some restraint it looks pretty damn cool, and then it goes full MCU. On the OTHER hand, Taskmaster and Red Guardian, on the big screen, in a Black Widow movie that will more than likely set up the 2nd Comics Black Widow.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks pretty bad. I was hoping for something much more stylish and grounded, although I guess I should have known better.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Dear DC, THIS is how you make a great and solid superhero movie. Please take note
If DC/WB continue to try and bite off what Disney and the MCU are doing they will continue to fail with the oversaturation of superhero movies. Especially with them trying to connect everything and now even with their TV shows. They need to do shit way differently, not the same. Joker hopefully taught them that.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
What's the bets her sister takes over as the new BW in the MCU?
One of them will be a new BW, the other one will be the villain controlling Taskmaster. Calling it now.

The trailer looks good, I'll take any spy movie you want, Hollywood. Also, I think this is more Mission Impossible than Bourne, which is THE BEST NEWS.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This will definitely be a lot better than some are thinking, lots of fist fights overall.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Getting Winter Soldier vibes from this one, which is still one of my favorite Marvel movies, so this is great!
I'm not very interested in the character, but this looks surprisingly good.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer made Black Widow look cooler than she ever has in the other movies so well done there.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It's just hard for me to care about a side story movie taking place after civil war knowing what happens after.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Milquetoast, predictable, ugly. A MCU movie alright.

I'm done giving Disney my money.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Definitely getting some Winter Soldier vibes. The premise still needs to hook me, but what someone theorized(or possibly leaked?) earlier does sound interesting.
the significance of this movie is going to be for setting up the next Black Widow

DStubbs

Oct 28, 2017
David Harbour was the only part that really piqued my interest. Other than that looks like pretty generic action to me.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. Not seeing anything that makes this look good as Winter Soldier, that movie wasn't just the action.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
we're definitely getting true suit wolverine aren't we

bless you marvel
Red Guardian's suit is way easier to pull off in live-action than Wolverine's. It's basically Captain America's suit, but red.

Taskmaster on the other hand is looking too much like the next Crysis protagonist.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was pretty meh overall, but I'm sure it'll be fine. David Harbour was a nice little surprise though.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great

What's supposed to be the timeframe this is set in?

The 5 years after the blip and what they were up to until Scott Lang Shows up?