• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
With how high the Mission Impossible series has raised the quality of the spy action genre and with how amazing the series stunts have become ( practical effects! Not loaded with CGI!) I'm in no rush to see this... but will if the reviews are positive. A good film is a good film
Same DP as Fallout too, yet doesn't look nearly as good.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
That actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. This may sound bad but I kind of thought it was almost like a side project to the big MCU films but it looks like they've invested a lot in it. Great to see female led action movies getting (or seeming to get) the same kind of production budget as the male ones - Charlie's Angels aside!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, i totally missed that Rachel Weisz is in this!

In simply for Weisz and Harbour.

Rare Opiums

Oct 28, 2017
It started off looking quite good

But then

It started to look like some parody piss take with "captain Russia"

I got a feeling this is going to be the lowest grossing MCU movie.

The lowest grossing MCU movie is The Incredible Hulk (260 mil).
The last time MCU movie got worldwide grossing less than 500 mil was in 2011 (Captain America 1).
I won't bet against Marvel, if I were you.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks good!
Really looking forward to seeing more of Harbour, something tells me Red Guardian is gonna be awesome

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Marvel just dropping trailers whenever the fuck they want.
Man, right when we're done with the hype train and the dust finally has settled they do this. Once we stopped talking MCU based stuff, once the phase 4 announcement hype finally died off and everything is finally out there, here they are with a brand new trailer for the next movie to get us talking again. We don't deserve the MCU.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Can i watch this trailer safely if I haven't watched endgame?
I'd like to say yes since this is pre-Endgame in the MCU timeline? I could be wrong if it's safe but I'd say yeah you should be fine. However, how the hell have you not watched endgame by now? It feels like everyone has seen it at least once by now especially with it being on Disney+

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Despite my love for crazily overpowered superheroes flying around shooting lasers and throwing moons at each other, what I liked most about Winter Soldier (and Black Panther) was the hand to hand combat of (relatively) normal people. And the more personal stories are always nice. Pretty excited for this, though it should've come after Civil War.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
TdpRF7Z.gif

My body is ready.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for Florence Pugh mostly, hope she gets to the torch passed to her completely as the new Black Widow.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I was promised a Taskmaster that didn't look like shit.

Why have I been given a Taskmaster that looks like shit.

Where's the skull you cowards? Where's the colors?

Dec 12, 2017
Man, right when we're done with the hype train and the dust finally has settled they do this. Once we stopped talking MCU based stuff, once the phase 4 announcement hype finally died off and everything is finally out there, here they are with a brand new trailer for the next movie to get us talking again. We don't deserve the MCU.
I remember them doing JL dirty. They dropped the Black Panther like the same week JL released IIRC and they already had Ragnorok in theaters.

It was a "fuck you" drop that week.

Oct 27, 2017
A bit unrelated, but I thought cinematography in Fallout was a step back compared to what Elswit did in Rogue Nation and Ghost Protocol, halo jump is a cool scene tho. What made a movie for me is editing and BW's teaser had some weird transitions here and there.
Elswit is certainly in a class above Hardy. I thought Hardy still did solid work in Fallout though. I'm just not a fan of the flat lighting and washed out blacks of these Marvel films.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
To be fair , i can't say i'm overly excited for this. Time setting is my main gripe with this, when they first announced there was going to be a Black Widow movie i immediately thought spy thriller with a Soviet Russian setting, exploring unknown the past of MCU starring Scarjo and with some SHIELD guest characters. But instead , seems like were getting Winter Soldier Sans Cap.
However both Florence Pugh and David Harbour are always welcome and Taskmaster is in this. At least there are some things i'm looking forward to.
Oh and that logo is ace.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Thank goodness for the last 30 seconds of the trailer (the cast, not the explosions). I like that everyone but her has a russian accent, lol.

The stuff before then looked and felt a bit generic to me. Well, I was going to watch it either way.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Will probably watch it with my son. It's crazy how many Marvel movies i've watched in the past two years.
Anyway, some parts seem eyerollingly silly to me, but some parts seem like fun.