• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn, even if it's only that one scene, it's great to see some human-on-human action in one of these moves. Those CG Horde Mode battles need to stop.

This looks great

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Nice callback to Iron Man 2.

VBJ7THd.png

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The cool thing about this is that I can change the rewatch order of the MCU once it is available on blu ray. I have a feeling it will make more sense if watched prior to IW/EG.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am going to give them a pass on Tony Masters looking like Fortnite DLC because we have fucking Red Guardian in a blockbuster movie in 2020. Marvel is just dancing in the endzone at this point

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds we get a flashback to Taskmaster watching the Civil War airport battle? Rubbing his hands together and eating popcorn.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Lots of hackneyed dialogue but going by the David Harbour stuff and Pugh's OTT accent they're basically going for a throwback spoof of a Cold War movie. Action looks solid anyway.

People complaining about CGI not being amazing on a teaser trailer when it's still 6 months to movie release?
This is pretty standard for teaser trailers.

Looks good. Can't wait.

A lot of people say this but in most cases the CGI only looks incrementally better in the final release if at all. There are exceptions (I think GOTG had a massive design overhaul in post production), but most big blockbusters don't change that much. Remember everyone saying the Black Panther CG would look better in the final cut and it still looked like trash?

Probably 90% of the time I've complained about crap CGI in a trailer it's looked similarly garish in the end film.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know there was a Captain Russia. Also Taskmaster doesn't look that great. How'd we get a good looking Mysterio but not TM?

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I am going to give them a pass on Tony Masters looking like Fortnite DLC because we have fucking Red Guardian in a blockbuster movie in 2020. Marvel is just dancing in the endzone at this point
"Preorder Black Widow tickets now and get your exclusive Fortnite Taskmaster skin!"

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Haha. And people doubted this movie. Feige knows what he's about.

I will be there as always to see the next episode of MCU.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Winter Soldier is still the best of all these so anything that resembles that feeling and flow gets my attention. Looks better than I thought it would.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. Didn't like Taskmaster's design until I noticed he still has a hood. I'm sure he'll look better with that on.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
i wasn't too into it, but the soundtrack started kicking in and david harbour showed up, and fuck it... i like it

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
wasn't interested at all previously but that looked pretty decent.

interest has gone from 3/10 to 6.5/10

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who do we think Taskmaster is? Because he has no announced actor meaning he's obviously someone we've already seen.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If i wasn't sure they were setting up for the Torch to pass, I am sure now.

Oct 25, 2017
The premise looks interesting and the choreography looks great. I'm on board.

The trailer was cut in the most cliche manner possible, but I'm not going to hold that against the film itself.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, who's the villain? Taskmaster?

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Lots of footage in that "teaser", but I ain't gonna complain. It looks good, and Harbor is so fucking charming.

I do hope we get some kind of payoff for the "You could at least recognize me" line from Civil War that implied Widow had more of a connection to Bucky than she let on. I always thought that was a neat little seed to plant, and this is their last chance something with it, even if it's just an acknowledgement.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope we get some kind of payoff for the "You could at least recognize me" line from Civil War that implied Widow had more of a connection to Bucky than she let on. I always thought that was a neat little seed to plant, and this is their last chance something with it, even if it's just an acknowledgement.

We already know what that was referencing, in Winter Soldier she tells Steve about how she was guarding some diplomat on a mission and Bucky showed up and shot her target straight through her.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
We already know what that was referencing, in Winter Soldier she tells Steve about how she was guarding some diplomat on a mission and Bucky showed up and shot her target straight through her.
I always figured that was a cover story. The line doesn't really make sense if that was their only interaction, IMO.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've enjoyed about the MCU is how "accurate" the costumes have been to their comic counterparts, regardless of how colorful/cartoon-ish/etc... vs other film studios in the past, but they really dropped the ball with Taskmaster for no reason.

The "teaser" itself was much better than I was expecting.