• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've enjoyed about the MCU is how "accurate" the costumes have been to their comic counterparts, regardless of how colorful/cartoon-ish/etc... vs other film studios in the past, but they really dropped the ball with Taskmaster for no reason.

The "teaser" itself was much better than I was expecting.
Yeah he looks like lord zed like I wasn't expected him to look exactly the same problably more like the udon design. But this is wack kinda

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they could have saved a lot of time and money by just introducing Florence Pugh as the new Black Widow in the next Avengers movie.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer looks neat, that said, I still feel as though this is years too late. I would have preferred this around the time of Avengers or Age of Ultron, not after the Infinity Saga.

Plus Taskmaster looks like shit.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Why is the most succesful modern Batman played by an Englishman?

Answer: because using 'known/famous actors' draws a crowd and therefor is less of a risk for the studio that invests millions of dollars into the production and has the need to have the movie be profitable.
Still, they could've just not given them obviously terrible fake Russian accents. If you take British/American actors, fine, but don't let them speak with such an awful accent for the movie. It's so damn distracting.

Everybody should just do what The Death of Stalin did.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I am utterly shocked that people think this looks bad. It looks great. is it because it's coming after Endgame? I think that's a strength though. We just had the culmination of 10 years, let us breathe a bit. Not everything has to set up the next big 'event'.

This is going to be really good.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fun!

I guess Taskmaster doesn't look that great, but it will be better once he takes off his helmet and reveals to be Grant Ward :v

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Still, they could've just not given them obviously terrible fake Russian accents. If you take British/American actors, fine, but don't let them speak with such an awful accent for the movie. It's so damn distracting.

I mean we get brits with horrible American accents all the time. They are just looking for star power it seems at times. Or hoping the audience doesn't have ears.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the biggest thing going against this film for me is that the trailer provides nothing in terms of how this might move the story for anyone forward, other than introducing Yelena.

Of course, I'm not going to be surprised at all if Black Widow isn't truly dead

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty good trailer. About to get hyped and then read this thread and realized that guy with the bow is apparently taskmaster?!
tenor.gif

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

Yeah agreed. But on the other hand, these are movies "for the masses", so any cheap trick and/or cliche that helps to identify a character will probably be applied.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely excited. TWS remains to be my top fav MCU film and I wanted more films that felt like this so this film is scratching that itch for me.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I mean we get brits with horrible American accents all the time. They are just looking for star power it seems at times. Or hoping the audience doesn't have ears.
It's weird, with Russian accents I notice this more than with American/British accents. Maybe because everyone automatically seems to go for the 'James Bond villain from the 80's' accent. Red Sparrow was another movie where the obviously fake Russian accent immediately threw me off the movie.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe they're saving the Taskmaster suit for towards the end of the movie or when they bring him back in a future movie?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sticks out to have Black Widow not speak in a Russian accent, when every other member of her family does. Should have just skipped the accents altogether.

Other than David Harbour, this does not look very interesting.

Are any of the director's previous films particularly good?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sticks out to have Black Widow not speak in a Russian accent, when every other member of her family does.

She did have a Russian accent at some point but she's been living in the US among Americans for like 15 years so she lost it or deliberately dropped it to fit in.

Nov 7, 2017
It sticks out to have Black Widow not speak in a Russian accent, when every other member of her family does. Should have just skipped the accents altogether.

This is fine, I have tons of russian friends whove lived in usa for a long time with no accent left. But the family just sounds insulting

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I am utterly shocked that people think this looks bad. It looks great. is it because it's coming after Endgame? I think that's a strength though. We just had the culmination of 10 years, let us breathe a bit. Not everything has to set up the next big 'event'.

This is going to be really good.

I'm 100% with you, I really liked what I saw.

Oct 25, 2017
The opening voiceover is super cliche but it's also clearly a bunch of cherry-picked lines as opposed to actual conversation from the film. I'm just gonna chalk it up to generic trailer formatting.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the David Harbour character was gonna be a baddie, I much prefer this whole family back together thing they got going on.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yeah

but david harbour tho

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, Cate Shortland is a pretty good director. Lore in particular is a great film.

That said, with Marvel films it's very hit or miss whether a director's previous work is actually a good indicator for the quality of the movie. Captain Marvel for instance showcased none of the things that made Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden great.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they depict Taskmaster's powers like they do in the comics

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One things for sure, Florence Pugh is a fucking great get and a major upgrade over ScarJo.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Oh. And there are a lot of really cool action scenes that were in the Comic-Con footage/trailer that simply aren't here either. It's a teaser though, so that's to be expected.