• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They made guardians of the galaxy, a movie based a bunch of nobodies, and you think they waited for WW to be a success to make a movie out of one of the original Avengers?
Dont think they waited on that. But we asked for a long time for a female lead super hero movie after the Marvel restart. And Black Widow even more with Scarlett pushing it for years also. All the others got a standalone movie yet BW was skipped over everytime. Think the success of WW probably helped to push it over the edge or atleast gave a nudge.

Awell. Just really happy we finally get a BW movie. Even it took to long.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Looks horrible. Harbour at least is having fun but good god at that closing sequence in the trailer, like please

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
To be fair , i can't say i'm overly excited for this. Time setting is my main gripe with this, when they first announced there was going to be a Black Widow movie i immediately thought spy thriller with a Soviet Russian setting, exploring unknown the past of MCU starring Scarjo and with some SHIELD guest characters. But instead , seems like were getting Winter Soldier Sans Cap.
However both Florence Pugh and David Harbour are always welcome and Taskmaster is in this. At least there are some things i'm looking forward to.
Oh and that logo is ace.

Natasha was born in 84. She was 7 when the Soviet Union collapsed.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like how Taskmaster looks at all and I'd be more interested in a restrained spy thriller than another big explosive cgi finale. I'll wait and see on this one.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
That little exchange is garbage. Hopefully, there is better choreography throughout the film. Because Atomic Blonde and ANNA have some solid choreography. Not feeling anything as of yet for this film.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is Rachel Weisz. Do we even know who she's playing?
She's playing a character named Melina Vostokoff, who was a minor villain in the comics named Iron Maiden. It's maybe possible she's Taskmaster but my bets are on O.T. Fagbenle, who we know is part of the main cast but is a) conspicuously missing from the trailer and b) we know is playing a character they've only referred to as "Rick," which could easily be pseudonym for Taskmaster.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's playing a character named Melina Vostokoff, who was a minor villain in the comics named Iron Maiden. It's possible she's Taskmaster but my bets are on O.T. Fagbenle, who we know is part of the main cast but is a) conspicuously missing from the trailer and b) we know is playing a character they've only referred to as "Rick," which could easily be pseudonym for Taskmaster.

Rick/Mason/etcs entire bio even sounds like Taskmasters old SHIELD bio from the comics

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
TM has the same design as here

Black-Widow-concept-art-Taskmaster-700x300.jpg

will look better with a hood I guess

same overdesigned MCU style with tons of jagged lines :P too bad they didn´t go for like the PS4 Spiderman style with a modern skull-helmet style.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Eh. Looks like it could be fun, but it reminds me of like five different movies all at once. Bourne, Mission Impossible, Atomic Blonde, etc. Very much has a "seen it all before" feeling to it.

And just when you think it's gonna be a more grounded film which would be a welcome change of pace, they show Black Widow doing backflips out of helicopters and swan diving through the air and shit. I dunno. Feeling kind of luke warm towards this.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gives me Atomic Blonde / Mission Impossible vibes which is what I was expecting. Will definitely see it day one since the crowd reaction, if any, will make it fun.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Looked decent.

I'll watch for Harbour but my God, what have they done to my boy Taskmaster?

grassblade

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno... Doesn't look like it will have good or memorable action set pieces. That's kinda the point of these movies....

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What other costume design did you not like? I'm talking about the movies and not the TV/Netflix shows

1. Batroc the Leaper in Winter Soldier. He was barely recognizable and had none of the required flair.

2. Gamora. Can you even remember her costume? I can't. She should have had her white armor or at least something striking.

3. Baron Zemo. Literally where's the costume he is just a dude. Fixing this in Disney+ is nice but still counts.

4. Crossbones. Borderline passable but still way too generic tac-ops. I will acknowledge this is probably the least offensive example on the list but it still was really lame. Crossbones is supposed to have more Bane energy to him, not generic military with a vague skull motif.

5. Quicksilver. Wanda lookin stylish as fuck and this motherfucker dressing like he knows he dies at the end of the movie.

I could honestly keep going I find MCU costumes very hit or miss.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Batroc the Leaper in Winter Soldier. He was barely recognizable and had none of the required flair.

2. Gamora. Can you even remember her costume? I can't. She should have had her white armor or at least something striking.

3. Baron Zemo. Literally where's the costume he is just a dude. Fixing this in Disney+ is nice but still counts.

4. Crossbones. Borderline passable but still way too generic tac-ops. I will acknowledge this is probably the least offensive example on the list but it still was really lame. Crossbones is supposed to have more Bane energy to him, not generic military with a vague skull motif.

5. Quicksilver. Wanda lookin stylish as fuck and this motherfucker dressing like he knows he dies at the end of the movie.

I would say they aren't memorable but i wouldn't say they are awful. just boring. I actually like Batroc and Crossbones' costume. They're subtle and fitting for the situation.

Taskmaster is the first real awful costume. It's FoXmen level bad.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
that looked dope. im in. I also firmly believe this isn't the final costume for Taskmaster.

Just watch.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say they aren't memorable but i wouldn't say they are awful. just boring. I actually like Batroc and Crossbones' costume. They're subtle and fitting for the situation.

Taskmaster is the first real awful costume. It's FoXmen level bad.

I'll agree Taskmasters is really off base but I maintain that anything "subtle" or "fitting" entirely misses the point of Batroc the freaking Leaper. Still the biggest misstep so far. He's supposed to be a yellow and purple fashion disaster.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll agree Taskmasters is really off base but I maintain that anything "subtle" or "fitting" entirely misses the point of Batroc the freaking Leaper. Still the biggest misstep so far. He's supposed to be a yellow and purple fashion disaster.
I hate Batroc's comic design so that might color my perception. It's just one of the worst costume design in comics.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

5 characters out of 60 something different superheroes and villains seems like a pretty good average.