• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Worth sharing the key art they released at D23--
latest

The way Red Guardian and Melina are on the right and Yelena and who are presumably the other trainees of the Red Room are on the left seems like a pretty intentional subdivision, with Taskmaster separate from everyone else. My guess is that Melina recruits Yelena and Black Widow to help them free Red Guardian and the other trainees but it's revealed that Melina and the Red Guardian are actually trying to kill the trainees or sell them out or something, and that Taskmaster is someone who is working for a third party that has none of their interests in mind. Just my shot in the dark, the teaser doesn't tell much of anything in terms of actual plot details.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm not feeling it unfortunately.

I've never really been a fan of Black Widow though (outside of TWS), so we'll see what happens.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I was lukewarm to this film due to certain event that have happened in the MCU, but this trailer was really good. I was going to watch it regardless, but now I'm intrigued enough to be looking forward to it as well. Had no idea the guy from David Harbour, Rachel Weisz, and Florence Pugh were also in this film. Nice.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the skydiving scene, it looks good. It'll be interesting to see how exactly it fits into releasing now after the events of Endgame while taking place just after Civil War.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Outside of the skydiving at the end looking a little lackluster in how it was shot/presented, it looks good. I'm still lowering my expectations from being a TWS follow up in tone, but it looks promising.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks ok but definitely not interesting enough for a theatrical viewing. 2020 might be the first year in a while I don't see any Marvel movies in a theater.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Really hope David Harbour doesnt become the surprise third act villain.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But also acknowledge how much they nailed it on countless OTHER villains (I'd argue most of them). They're not all winners, no, but we've gotten some great villain designs from the MCU.

1508421807-iron-monger-iron-man.jpg

1467994501-captain-america-red-skull.jpg

8ae92c99d07f2856e06d54af99a66d4494dcd5ebv2_00.jpg

1e13f1e1e8c0fecda19e9695606f9a1788c4cdba.jpg

80278347335cae2af44f1a85341cdc64817deb5f.jpg

infinity-war-thanos-slice-600x200.png

6165010-surtur.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

1-20.jpg

Of those I'd call Hela, Thanos, and Loki good and Surtur decent. The rest are godawful.

Sorry dude, you're really not gonna bring me around on this one, I hate MCU costume design

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also in what universe does this trailer constitute a teaser

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm tired of ScarJo and her bullshit, but the supporting cast has me interested.
Yeah Pugh, Weisz and Harbour all in one movie are huge gets. Hope their talent isn't wasted but I'm expecting it, especially with the forced Russian accents

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Of those I'd call Hela, Thanos, and Loki good and Surtur decent. The rest are godawful.

Sorry dude, you're really not gonna bring me around on this one, I hate MCU costume design
Wha?! Red Skull and Winter Soldier are ripped straight out of the comics! And Yellowjacket's design is pretty much the ONLY thing everyone agrees was good about his character. Proxima Midnight somehow made her goofy design believably work on film (along with others like Ebony Maw).
3401874-legion.jpg
R9eXN8dv.jpg

Even Iron Monger is aesthetically similar to the classic version.

I can see maybe not being someone's favorites, but "godawful"?

I endured the dark ages of the 80s and 90s!
red-skull-1992.jpg

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will be disappointed if I don't hear "JUST LIKE CAP" from Taskmaster.

Am I reading this correctly? This is after Civil War? I thought it was before Avengers and Iron Man etc.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Will be disappointed if I don't hear "JUST LIKE CAP" from Taskmaster.

Am I reading this correctly? This is after Civil War? I thought it was before Avengers and Iron Man etc.
It's while Widow is on the run after helping Cap get away. It'll probably touch on facets of her origin, but most Black Widow stories are always about your past catching up to you.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Ah ok. It's a personal preference thing for you. You're probably in the minority. Marvel has nailed it 90% of the time with their costumes.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I think it looks solid. Gave just enough to get a general idea or the plot and tone but also enough mystery to speculate. I will say that skydive sequence CGI looked really bad and most likely (hopefully) not the final CGI. Taskmaster's design is pretty average but I love Red Guardian's design and Harbour looks like he's going to nail the role. There's almost definitely going to be a double-cross by someone at the family table I just wonder who it will be. My guess is Rachael Weisz character sells out Nat and Yelena and either kills Yelena or attempts to (unsuccessfully) and Yelena will pop up again in the newer MCU movies and help bridge the gap between these movies.

Oct 28, 2017
Looks okay. I dont care much for the character so I'm hopeful they give me a reason to.

My one gripe is that line of dialogue where Natasha calls the blonde woman "sis". Nobody calls their sister that. Its clunky expository dialogue from a ABC Family show. That really sticks in my craw.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
they were smart locking in Florence Pugh for the franchise, I'm hoping she dumps that accent in future films though. just pretend it never happened.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Looks okay. I dont care much for the character so I'm hopeful they give me a reason to.

My one gripe is that line of dialogue where Natasha calls the blonde woman "sis". Nobody calls their sister that. Its clunky expository dialogue from a ABC Family show. That really sticks in my craw.
Is it her actual biological sister?