• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since Chernobyl, it's hard to listen to eastern European accents in movies. The director (I think him) mentioned they decided not to go with them so the actors didn't have to focus on doing a good accent, and that the accent tends to sound kind of cartoonish or satirical when done.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really like ScarJo as an actress (loved her in Marriage Story) but I'm not vibing with this trailer. Maybe because I wanted her movie to just be about well... her.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok. It's a personal preference thing for you. You're probably in the minority. Marvel has nailed it 90% of the time with their costumes.

...Literally what else could it have been BESIDES personal preference, that's explicitly the only thing we can state lol

Curious to know what comic films costume designs you do like if you think those are godawful.

The Thor movies typically have decent costumes. Never had much issue with any of Cap or Iron Man's looks, either.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I meant outside MCU since you said you generally don't like the designs.

Oh. Hmmmm.

Can't think of many I didn't hate. I'm shamelessly picky. I guess Deadpool's were all good? Loved the X-Men uniforms in it, and Cable/Juggernaut had a really neat look in 2.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool trailer, much more interesting than I was expecting it to be.

Only downside is Taskmaster's costume, yeesh.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Taskmaster is giving me some "first costume" vibes.

Willing to put money down they will have a second costume that will fit with the winter theme of what seems to be the climax.

Keep in mind they like to troll and flat out lie in these trailers.

I really like ScarJo as an actress (loved her in Marriage Story) but I'm not vibing with this trailer. Maybe because I wanted her movie to just be about well... her.

Yeah I have to say I was expecting something less overtly Marvel-y, more in linewith Winter Soldier or spy movies.

But this looks like a ton of fun, can't wait!

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
I've never cared for the Black Widow character and I've typically found her more annoying than anything in these Marvel movies. Plus, with her story being ended (y'know, due to her being dead and all), this movie seems essentially pointless. I guess it's to set up some kind of successor? But I'm not on board with every character needing to have a successor in the first place. This movie might have had some value if it had released in, say, 2014 or 2015. As it is, I'm having a very hard time working up any excitement for this.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
This reminds me how much the Russos fucked over Black Widow. Hawkeye should have died and Natasha live to look after his family, damn it.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Well. Props to Marvel for making this seem a hell of a lot more interesting and better than I ever expected.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I've never cared for the Black Widow character and I've typically found her more annoying than anything in these Marvel movies. Plus, with her story being ended (y'know, due to her being dead and all), this movie seems essentially pointless. I guess it's to set up some kind of successor? But I'm not on board with every character needing to have a successor in the first place. This movie might have had some value if it had released in, say, 2014 or 2015. As it is, I'm having a very hard time working up any excitement for this.

She needed this after Winter Soldier, which Fiege wanted but Ike shut down.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool, but I fear the trailer fight editing will end up pretty accurate to the finished product.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited looks like Winter soldier, if it's anything like it this movie is going to be awesome only thing Winter Soldier that was iffy was the big fight scene at the end as it's the obvious mcu thing to do. I'm going to guess the big sequence is actually in the middle of the movie this time.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Uhh this looks pretty good to me

Also liking the Winter Soldier vibes, and the music.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
A friend of my cousin got a part in Black Widow, I caught a glimpse of her in the trailer. So proud of her, she's a self taught martial artist who's insanely skilled with a katana or a staff. She goes by Thesamurider on Instagram.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

vcLhJuV.gif

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yes, when your story remains untold. Belatedly getting around to it after the character is dead in the present is like pulling a Solo.
How is that on the Russo's or either of the film's own scriptwriters? They would've loved to have had a Black Widow movie to flesh her story out with. They'd always expressed she's one of the hardest characters to write for. Same thing happened to Captain Marvel - that movie had neither been written, nor filmed, so the creators of Endgame (and Brie) had nothing to work from.

Marvel at large should've done this movie earlier then. Even after Perlmutter got removed, they couldn't have figured something out before Infinity War?

Oct 25, 2017
Did this teaser release quietly because it feels like I only randomly found out about this today and I had to search for this thread lol.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did this teaser release quietly because it feels like I only randomly found out about this today and I had to search for this thread lol.
Yeah, remember Infinity War and End Game? Felt like that was the talk of the town the whole couple days when it came out. Maybe since not a huge crossover not as much interest? It's not like it's Spider Man IP, so I'm guessing it's the character.