• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
hokuto-ga-gotoku-8vsxz.jpg

SEGA announced today that Fist of the North Star will be delayed in Japan and Asia and now will be released on 8th of March instead of 22nd of February.

The main reason of the delay is that SEGA wants to raise the quality of the game

Thadeus

Oct 27, 2017
Was thinking January was going to be my packed month but now I think it's March. This is assuming GoW will drop around this time as well in addition to Ni No Kuni II, Yakuza 6, VC4 and Super Robot Wars X =(

Edit: remembered more games

Thadeus

Oct 27, 2017
Mind you this is the Japanese and Asia release date

Going to import it as I do understand Japanese although I admit not fluently. I also tend to support some games twice like the Yakuza games, the JP release (some has good first print editions) and the localisation. Kind of stupid but yeah =p

MogKnight

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever it takes for them to finally make a good HNK game* this world deserves.

(*the ArcSys fighting game is its own type of greatness)

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Fine by me. I'm really looking forward to this game, so I want it to be as polished as possible, even if that means waiting a bit longer!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
When was the game expected to be released in the West?
Its not. At least not for a long time. This game, and Yakuza Kiwami 2 haven't been announced for English translations yet. Kiwami 2 might happen late next year, maybe early 2019 but I doubt we'll see FOTNS until at least 2019 if they even bother to bring it across. Hopefully they do, but I'll be importing anyway as I'm far to impatient to wait!

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Last time sega delayed a game a few weeks they added drm to the game, which was cracked in a few days. I take this with a grain of salt.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I've never seen the anime, but this is basically a Yakuza game, so I really hope for localization.

FromAshesRise

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So a licensed game is getting delayed for quality control but yet Sega doesn't do the same for Sonic, their beloved company mascot.

I don't get you Sega.

They did delay sonic for quality control, and put out the best sonic game ever made - and one of the overall best games this year. Who gives a fuck about Sonic Forces?

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
It does. That poster was wrong, not sure where they got the idea that its a musou game when all that has been shown so far makes it look a lot like a Yakuza game with a FOTNS skin.

Probably looked at Hokuto Musou gameplay clips. Known here as Fist of the Nort Star Ken's Rage. Those two games are Dynasty Warriors style.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Wait is this like the 3rd or 4th game that has now been pushed back to March?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Please localize the game. Please Sega.
This is basically a Yakuza spin-off. If we look at past Yakuza spin-offs (on home consoles) we had:

Kenzan
Ishin
Of The End (Dead Souls)

The first two weren't released in the west and the third one did so bad here that it almost killed Yakuza localizations entirely.

So what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you :(

Oct 27, 2017
This is basically a Yakuza spin-off. If we look at past Yakuza spin-offs (on home consoles) we had:

Kenzan
Ishin
Of The End (Dead Souls)

The first two weren't released in the west and the third one did so bad here that it almost killed Yakuza localizations entirely.

So what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you :(
I wish these two would come as well. Might as well learn japanese one day if its going to be that way.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Has any game not been delayed to March? Seems every single game has been pushed to March.