• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
First cheat day is in the books in nearly 7 weeks and it was glorious. Lots of pizza and 3 pints of Haggen Dazs did me in. Also had a blast with the family at Justice League. Great day overall.

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
I do all my weights sessions fasted. However, I wouldn't suggest it if you're working at high rep ranges (or if you do a pure leg day).

Okay awesome. No I don't have pure leg days anyway.

Do you do anything to prepare for your fasted weight session? Coffee or any supplements beforehand? Are you drinking any sort of sea salt water or something during the workout? I don't know if I'm getting too technical here, haha.

KillerBEA

Oct 26, 2017
5 x 8 @ 235lbs for Squats,
Can anyone recommend me some chest workouts? I feel like I can never really get a good workout in my chest area. Though it might be because I hate using the bench press because of my long arms it makes it so hard for me to do it.
Something to try, Dumbbell Squeeze Press, focus really hard on squeezing the weights together with your chest as you're moving the weight. First few times I did this lift I felt my chest light up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=jv3dxTXrG-8
Does anybody here train in the morning and/or fasted?

It would be convenient for me, as I do Intermittent Fasting, and I would rather lift in the early morning when I have the most motivation compared to later in the day or after work.
I prefer going after work/10pm. Sometimes I need to train in the morning like today. I can't go completely fasted but I can't eat right before either or I throw up. With going after work I have 1 -2 meal and its been about 4 hours since I ate so the chance of throwing up in minimal unless I am really pushing my limits.

Last edited:

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Do you do anything to prepare for your fasted weight session? Coffee or any supplements beforehand? Are you drinking any sort of sea salt water or something during the workout? I don't know if I'm getting too technical here, haha.
Coffee before, water during (sometimes with flavouring, sometimes without).

Something to try, Dumbbell Squeeze Press, focus really hard on squeezing the weights together with your chest as you're moving the weight. First few times I did this lift I felt my chest light up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=jv3dxTXrG-8

Also a fan, though it's much easier to do with hex DBs than round ones.

Oct 30, 2017
Nice. I'd love the space for a sled. I can't see myself pushing it down the street by my house!

My backyard is about 6000 sf, and I had the entire thing concreted as soon as I could, so I have lots of play area back there. Once I change my side fence to a RV sized gate, I'll be able to rope vehicles and pull them back there too. I really want weekends to be more about working out outside then sleeping in.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
My backyard is about 6000 sf, and I had the entire thing concreted as soon as I could, so I have lots of play area back there. Once I change my side fence to a RV sized gate, I'll be able to rope vehicles and pull them back there too. I really want weekends to be more about working out outside then sleeping in.
Sounds awesome.

kaicooper87

Oct 27, 2017
just done workout today.. Shoulder and Abs with Dumbbells only (home as usual)
today did Buff Dudes Shoulders and Abs workout..great stuff

Abs killer..

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't love Snyder but those characters are so, so good. WW was so much fun. Might see JL this week coming
Yeah, the best part was how the characters played off each other. That's really all I wanted. Supes was awesome and I really hope they don't dump Cavill based on the disastrous OW. I left wanting a MoS2 more than anything.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Wtf look at this hardcore mutant ;)

darkvir

Oct 26, 2017
I'm itching to get back into my routine. A combination of getting sick and pulling a chest muscle has put me on the sideline for 3 weeks. Monday should be good to go!

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I tackled the olympic barbell the last time I went, and did 3x8 squats but just with the barbell. My upper back is sore?

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
140x2 paused bench felt good despite the last rep being a grinder. I've been benching exclusively paused to prepare for my meet in April and it's been going well but it's taken some getting used to haha

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Watched this one video that made me not only realize how important rear delt training is but also how to fix my form. I am doing legs tomorrow morning. I am about to start getting more serious about my cutting. 205 by Christmas here I come.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I fucked by back doing dips of all things in this world lol

3 o 4 days rest.

Fuck

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where do you folks get your Fitness info? I follow Men's Health and Fitness, other than that, I watched a few Youtubers before but now I can't watch videos with my bad data. Also, is there a good app to read fitness articles? Because opening articles suck on FB.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Where do you folks get your Fitness info? I follow Men's Health and Fitness, other than that, I watched a few Youtubers before but now I can't watch videos with my bad data. Also, is there a good app to read fitness articles? Because opening articles suck on FB.

I used to listen to my trainer, but that costed too much money and then i settled on what you're watching now. Men's health. Those videos helped me like never before and made me focus on planks than that fuck shit crunches workout lol. I lost 20 pnds, my waist size is down from 38 to 33 and all this was achieved using their videos over a 3-4 month period.

No other enhancements to boost metabolism. No strict diet other than intermittent fasting where i eat from 8 - 4 five days a week. I take protein after my work out and bcca either hours before a work out or hours after.

Im Still a beginner, but im happy ive made progress where i wanted it to count. :) And I've increased my strength since i began.

Oh and i work out 4 days a week, 30-40 mins each time.

Buran

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

The digital versions of Starting Strength, 5/3/1 and 5x5 Stronglifts are cheap and comfy to read ain a Kindle. Of those three SS is the most technical and long (~370 pages, ~75% are descriptions about the correct anatomical form to do the squat, deadlift, press, bench and clean, albeit His clean isn't exactly the canon from weighlifting). Pavel Tsatsouline's books are another great source.

Sorry to hear that you had problems with your broadband; Youtube has for sure a good amount of solid sources of information, those are the ones which I see the most:

For calisthenics: FitnessFAQs, Calisthenicmovement, Chris Heria
For weighlifting: Aleksey Torokhtiy, Hookgrip, All Things Gym, California Strength, Caffeine and Kilos, Juggernaut Training System
For powerlifting and strongman: Juggernaut Training Systems, Bryan Alsruhe, Starting Strength
For rowing: Dark Horse Rowing
Now, bodybuilding isn't my cup of tea, but so far I found Vintage Genetics as a valuable channel in terms of tips and advices

That in terms of how to perform, the technique, which kind of programs to do... From the the point of view of just having fun/getting motivation ther's a ton of channels I follow: people as Adam Raw, Dominik Sky, Eric Bugenhagen, Dmitry Klokov, Terron Beckham...

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used to listen to my trainer, but that costed too much money and then i settled on what you're watching now. Men's health. Those videos helped me like never before and made me focus on planks than that fuck shit crunches workout lol. I lost 20 pnds, my waist size is down from 38 to 33 and all this was achieved using their videos over a 3-4 month period.

No other enhancements to boost metabolism. No strict diet other than intermittent fasting where i eat from 8 - 4 five days a week. I take protein after my work out and bcca either hours before a work out or hours after.

Im Still a beginner, but im happy ive made progress where i wanted it to count. :) And I've increased my strength since i began.

Oh and i work out 4 days a week, 30-40 mins each time.
Great job, keep it up! Yeah, Men's Fitness/Health stuff are really great, I have so many saved links.
More than likely you didn't get the starting position right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEy5WFr-CDA

(I believe that video is low bar, but the principals are very much the same for high bar)
Thanks for the link, really great and easy to follow instructions, I'll do it the next time I head to the gym. I think I just carried the bard and didn't pull in my shoulders tightly, also I didn't take note of elbow position at all. The setup's outlined clearly and I hope this would really help me the next time.

The digital versions of Starting Strength, 5/3/1 and 5x5 Stronglifts are cheap and comfy to read ain a Kindle. Of those three SS is the most technical and long (~370 pages, ~75% are descriptions about the correct anatomical form to do the squat, deadlift, press, bench and clean, albeit His clean isn't exactly the canon from weighlifting). Pavel Tsatsouline's books are another great source.

Sorry to hear that you had problems with your broadband; Youtube has for sure a good amount of solid sources of information, those are the ones which I see the most:

For calisthenics: FitnessFAQs, Calisthenicmovement, Chris Heria
For weighlifting: Aleksey Torokhtiy, Hookgrip, All Things Gym, California Strength, Caffeine and Kilos, Juggernaut Training System
For powerlifting and strongman: Juggernaut Training Systems, Bryan Alsruhe, Starting Strength
For rowing: Dark Horse Rowing
Now, bodybuilding isn't my cup of tea, but so far I found Vintage Genetics as a valuable channel in terms of tips and advices

That in terms of how to perform, the technique, which kind of programs to do... From the the point of view of just having fun/getting motivation ther's a ton of channels I follow: people as Adam Raw, Dominik Sky, Eric Bugenhagen, Dmitry Klokov, Terron Beckham...
Whoa, that's a ton of resources, and I only recognize Bryan Alsruhe and Starting Strength. Well, in the morning, the data's good enough to watch some vids, so I'll probably end up downloading them so I'll have ready references. Thanks a lot for sharing!

PS: if you're not into bodybuilding, what's your main stuff then?

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i hit bench.
i still need to get used to staying tight at the bottom. just not feeling comfortable. but as far as bar path and movement it's there.
so staying tight and maybe finding a good bar grip.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

I like to read https://www.t-nation.com/

It's a bunch of articles by different people who are trainers, professional bodybuilders, strongmen, etc., ranging from nutrition, bodybuilding, powerlifting, even mental health.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus wept. I'm still crazy sore from Friday. I'd go as far to say, actually bruised.

I must have really gone for it. lol

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Great job, keep it up! Yeah, Men's Fitness/Health stuff are really great, I have so many saved links.
Thanks for the link, really great and easy to follow instructions, I'll do it the next time I head to the gym. I think I just carried the bard and didn't pull in my shoulders tightly, also I didn't take note of elbow position at all. The setup's outlined clearly and I hope this would really help me the next time.

Whoa, that's a ton of resources, and I only recognize Bryan Alsruhe and Starting Strength. Well, in the morning, the data's good enough to watch some vids, so I'll probably end up downloading them so I'll have ready references. Thanks a lot for sharing! It

PS: if you're not into bodybuilding, what's your main stuff then?

Thanks, i guess my goal is very different than what you are trying to achieve. Ive been wanting to lose weight for over 4 years and always hovered between 217 -225. I finally found something that worked for me. I hope you find something that works great for you and you achieve what you want in a new heakthier lifestyle! Good luck.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a good article that summarizes gut health and what you can do to cultivate a healthy digestive systems? Based on my reading, fiber seems to be key in order to build a healthy gut.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I seem to have inadvertently done a mini bulk. Looked in the mirror earlier and was easily the biggest I've seen myself for some time. Actually not too unhappy with that to be honest, mostly because I can't be fucking arsed killing myself dieting at the moment.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
After a few bad weeks in terms of diet, I weighed in at 207 lbs today. So excited to eat more than 1700 calories once I'm down to 190.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I had a weird day today. I went in to the gym feeling meh. I tried doing some bench and I have this weird issue where my left side is fucked up, it feels like my shoulder can't stay packed. It effects mostly pushing, I don't notice it much when pulling. It's like my anterior delt starts taking over, so the shoulder moves forward and my body compensates by moving closer to my right side. So that bummed me out. I'm not sure how I will fix it, if it's because my pec isn't activating or if my rhomboids aren't activating, or something else. Idk.

But then I went to the squats, and managed to bang out 315 for 1 easy. Huh.

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
I keep skipping gymnastics because I lose all motivation for it every week. But then I randomly get a burst of motivation for it but it only ever lasts for like one week. I need to figure out how to get more consistent with this

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
First cheat day is in the books in nearly 7 weeks and it was glorious. Lots of pizza and 3 pints of Haggen Dazs did me in. Also had a blast with the family at Justice League. Great day overall.
Cheat day here too. I need some god damned calories today and my girlfriend's mom wants to go out for dinner tonight so it's banh mi time!

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
Was renovating the inlaw's house all weekend and my back is tweaked but still managed to get some squats in tonight. My hip/back is locked up now unfortunately :(

Did 425/420/415/410/405x5 beltless and 65/95/90/85s x8 shoulder press with pause at bottom.

Triple sliced grilled cheese.

~1700+ cals

FwEZnax.jpg

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
MTP eating more than I eat in a day for a nightly snack. That's why he curls more than I squat ladies and gents.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I keep skipping gymnastics because I lose all motivation for it every week. But then I randomly get a burst of motivation for it but it only ever lasts for like one week. I need to figure out how to get more consistent with this

Gymnastics is so much fun! The place near me only had open gym once a week, and it was the highlight of my week all summer. I had a fucking blast tumbling. I eventually got my goal of doing a standing back tuck after 2 summers of training, and I also got a round off > back handspring > back tuck. So much fun.

If you don't have fun with it, then it will be hard to have any motivation. Do you enjoy it?

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
My cheating game is weak due to reduced stomach capacity. :( At least I can't do that much damage to myself.

KillerBEA

Oct 26, 2017
Got my next Strongman contest picked out. It's May 12th. 18" Axle Deadlift, Keg Carry 40', Log Press, Stone over Bar, and Hercules Hold.

Morzak

Oct 27, 2017
So I managed to hurt what I assume is my Hipflexor. On certain movements there is a bit of pain an pullin in the front. And I can't do any weighted squats really, Body wheight seems to be ok but as soon as I put on just a little weight it hurts badly as soon as the thighs approach horizontal. Will sit out Squats and probably deadlifts for this week and check on sunday how the Hip feels. Planning on doing some isolated work on the legs that doesn't use the hip much and focusing on the upper body a bit more. Sucks that I managed that after only 2 weeks.... Overall I felt weak yesterday and could not progress on the Press...