• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Hey FitERA!

I never posted *at that other place*, but I've spent a lot of 2016 focused a lot more on my fitness.

This was me last year, about 180, 16-17% body fat.

vacJaul.png

This was me earlier this month, about 175, but about 12-13% body fat (could be around there, my calipers are finnicky).

0mkUXB7.png

Most of this was diet, but some of it was changing up my lifting schedule (lift 5-6 times a week instead of 4-5, more sets per exercise, slightly more rest, drop sets). I've started to really track my macros and am more on top of my lifts as well. I'm spending more time lifting (an hour/an hour 15 versus 45) and I'm really seeing the difference. I desperately want to get down to >10% body fat, but I don't think that's happening this year. But next year, I can start stronger in the winter coming into the spring/summer.

I also really want to bench, squat, and deadlift 225 x 10. I'm at around 205 x 10 for each (5 sets, then a drop set and a finishing set on the drop set's weight).

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
HOLY SHIT GUYS!

So this is the end of Week 4 of my Monday-Friday Training.. My Trainer and I measured my body. We measured it once before on my first day. I am 5 pounds heavier at 186. I have an extra half an inch around my waste. But here are the dope fucking numbers. In less than one month I have been able to add an entire inch to my biceps, and my legs. My forearms are bigger as well. We are gonna do another month of me getting bigger then we start the cut. I can't wait to get rid of this fucking love handles. But I'll enjoy eating a little extra food cause I am burning 500-700 calories a day from training for an hour.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not gonna log all my work outs here obviously but to give y'all an idea where I'm at I did this tonight:
5x5x125 squats
5x5x65 overhead press
1x5x135, 1x5x170, 1x5x185 deadlift
3x5x-82 pounds assisted chin-ups
2x8x65 bicep curl bar

I was born in the late 70s so I'm not young anymore and I was a scrawny nerd in my youth.
I'm 203 pounds at 6', down 12 pounds this year.
Feeling pretty good, making slow steady progress back to where I was ~6 years ago when I was last truly in great shape.

I'm aiming for weighing 185 pounds and being able to squat & bench at least the same. I can already deadlift 205 earlier this year but I backed down to focus on my form and ease back up there. Bench press is gonna be the tough one for me I'm pretty sure.

For now Stronglifts is really working for me so I'm sticking to it.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
Hey FitERA!

I never posted *at that other place*, but I've spent a lot of 2016 focused a lot more on my fitness.

This was me last year, about 180, 16-17% body fat.

vacJaul.png

This was me earlier this month, about 175, but about 12-13% body fat (could be around there, my calipers are finnicky).

0mkUXB7.png

Most of this was diet, but some of it was changing up my lifting schedule (lift 5-6 times a week instead of 4-5, more sets per exercise, slightly more rest, drop sets). I've started to really track my macros and am more on top of my lifts as well. I'm spending more time lifting (an hour/an hour 15 versus 45) and I'm really seeing the difference. I desperately want to get down to >10% body fat, but I don't think that's happening this year. But next year, I can start stronger in the winter coming into the spring/summer.

I also really want to bench, squat, and deadlift 225 x 10. I'm at around 205 x 10 for each (5 sets, then a drop set and a finishing set on the drop set's weight).
Nice work. There is no reason you can't hit your bf% goal by the end of the year. Hell, you can do it in a month if you really dial in your diet. We need to get your squat and DL up man. They should be destroying your bench. Post a video and let's see what we're working with.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Nice work. There is no reason you can't hit your bf% goal by the end of the year. Hell, you can do it in a month if you really dial in your diet. We need to get your squat and DL up man. They should be destroying your bench. Post a video and let's see what we're working with.
I should mention - I have very weak knees.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Seem to be maintaining at 134. The heaviest I have ever been. Going to kill chest day tomorrow.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
This is late as hell, but thank you Dead Prince for getting as many as you could back together and for setting up our new home so quickly.

Love. ❤❤❤

Aerogamer

Oct 25, 2017
I finally get the chance to be at the start of this community. Great to meet you all, I didn't really post in the previous forum for this community, but I have a huge passions for fitness. I hope to have some great conversation at FitEra.

Mdsfx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mmmmm... 5am squats. Delicious.

Edit: Oh boy. Struggling in my 3rd set of 195x5? Not a good sign lol. I see a plateau in my future. Maybe increasing the weight twice this week was aggressive.

Last edited:

Mdsfx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every once in a while, when I'm using the empty cycling studio at my gym at 5:30am, i'll be in the zone, pushing the burning in my legs out of my mind with headphones on and music blasting... when before I know it, I open my eyes and 40 people have trickled in and I realize I'm in the middle of a packed spin class, completely ignoring the barking instructor. It's like a bad dream.

KillerBEA

Oct 26, 2017

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
I almost died this morning I did 2 warm up sets and then did 3 working sets of 315x10 for squats. I almost passed out lmao. I'm determined to get to 405 as soon as possible!

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I almost died this morning I did 2 warm up sets and then did 3 working sets of 315x10 for squats. I almost passed out lmao. I'm determined to get to 405 as soon as possible!
If you're able to hit 10 with 315 I wouldn't be surprised you can hit it now. Well not right now you might actually pass out. Lol

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Great thread!

I am currently trying to make some gains. I was working out 4 days a week for a few months, but the last two weeks I completely stopped due to getting sick and having a lot on my plate for work. It's crazy how guilty you feel when you stop working out, even for a short amount of time. I also feel like I am shrinking lol. I just started up again and I am going to commit myself to being consistent. I'm already cut, but my goal is to reach 185LBS. Currently, I am 164LBS, 6'1. I'm very much looking forward to being part of this community.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty happy with my leg day today coming off my knee injuries.

5x8 205 squats and then 1x10 drop set of 135 then a final set of 1x13 of 135.

5x10 235 leg extensions then 1x10 105 drop set then final set of 1x17 at 105.

5x10 165 leg curls then a 1x10 90 drop set then final set of 1x25 at 90 (started to feel it in my knees here so I dropped from 175)

5x12 160 sitting calf raises then 1x15 drop set at 90 then final set of 1x30 at 90.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
YMMV but my HEB has a sale on Quest bars where a 4 pack is 50 cents off + you get a free extra bar, so $1.50 per bar.

also the deadlifts being posted are killing me, I'm 205lbs and can only lift 315lbs (5x5x5, not sure what a single max would be)

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Oh hey, I forgot to post here. But glad to be here guys. Now to try and stick to the diet during this evil time of year.

TheLinguist

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic OT. I joined a gym at the beginning of the month but due to illness and injury I've only been able to go once, hopefully I can show up more often next month. I don't have a specific weight goal, I just want to get into better shape. My flabby belly looks lovely.

In terms of nutrition, I very rarely reach my protein goal which according to my body type and activity is 89g. I'm not lactose intolerant but I tried some protein shakes and well, let's just say that it didn't go to well. I'm a pretty fussy eater so some of the good sources of protein such as cod I simply don't like. Meat is good as long as it's not cold/reheated but I don't have it every day. It's very frustrating.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic OT. I joined a gym at the beginning of the month but due to illness and injury I've only been able to go once, hopefully I can show up more often next month. I don't have a specific weight goal, I just want to get into better shape. My flabby belly looks lovely.

In terms of nutrition, I very rarely reach my protein goal which according to my body type and activity is 89g. I'm not lactose intolerant but I tried some protein shakes and well, let's just say that it didn't go to well. I'm a pretty fussy eater so some of the good sources of protein such as cod I simply don't like. Meat is good as long as it's not cold/reheated but I don't have it every day. It's very frustrating.

1 cup of oats
1 egg
half cut of no fat yogurt
handful of berries

blend together

cook in pan for 3 minutes on each side, cover in peanut butter, cinnamon and no sugar syrup. That pancake is about 40 grams of protein with zero whey or meat in it. Its what i eat every morning.

FreddieQuell

Oct 27, 2017
What's up guys, posted a bit in the old thread. It was maybe about a year ago? From October of '15 through October of '16 I lost 100 pounds, going from 300 to 200 at 6'4". Since then I've been pretty stable between like 195-215.

Training wise I've never been able to be too consistent with a gym routine, but the last couple months I've been doing bodyweight stuff and I seem to like it. Got some rings and they're hard as hell to do anything on, but fun. So I think I'll stick with that and stuff like pull ups and push up progressions.

Always like to read this thread for advice and motivation, let's see if I can be more active in it this time around.

Mdsfx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
5:30 swim this morning at the local YMCA. Even that early, the pool lanes are almost all taken by a bunch of dedicated swimmers and triathletes, but they're always willing to split a lane. I absolutely love grabbing a lane and swimming among the sharks. I always think "who the hell does this at this time on a Saturday?!"

Thanks man! Though to be honest losing weight was the easy part, it just took time and it was easy staying motivated. Trying to get strong and look good has been way tougher, haha.

Aesthetics aren't a very good/healthy motivator for me. If I focus on my abilities and having fun (getting stronger, faster, trying new things, etc) I enjoy the ride a lot more and feel more positive overall. You will look better with time, but try to enjoy getting there.

Last edited:

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
In Nevada we have this completely original day with a completely unique name. Ready for this? It's called Nevada Day. On Nevada Day schools are closed and many businesses will close or shut down early. My gym was one such business which I discovered while driving into an empty parking lot. This was a major threat to my 26 day streak so I did what anyone here would have done, went home and did 100 pull ups. Streak extended.

Mdsfx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In Nevada we have this completely original day with a completely unique name. Ready for this? It's called Nevada Day. On Nevada Day schools are closed and many businesses will close or shut down early. My gym was one such business which I discovered while driving into an empty parking lot. This was a major threat to my 26 day streak so I did what anyone here would have done, went home and did 100 pull ups. Streak extended.
I was hoping you were going to say you worked out in the parking lot :)

KillerBEA

Oct 26, 2017
What's up guys, posted a bit in the old thread. It was maybe about a year ago? From October of '15 through October of '16 I lost 100 pounds, going from 300 to 200 at 6'4". Since then I've been pretty stable between like 195-215.

Training wise I've never been able to be too consistent with a gym routine, but the last couple months I've been doing bodyweight stuff and I seem to like it. Got some rings and they're hard as hell to do anything on, but fun. So I think I'll stick with that and stuff like pull ups and push up progressions.

Always like to read this thread for advice and motivation, let's see if I can be more active in it this time around.
Rings are fun. Been doing my pullups and rear delt flyes on them and literally just started being able to do dips on them. I would eventually like to be to do more with them.

KillerBEA

Oct 26, 2017
The highest I've gotten is probably 380ish for 2 and I don't think my depth was the greatest but I'm pretty sure I hit parallel though.
Obviously don't know all the factors, but it seems like 405 is in you under the right circumstances and with some top end work. Getting in more quality training before would never hurt though to add some cushion to the attempt when you do go for it.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Went to Fogo De Chao for my birthday last night and absolutely killed it at the gym today. Fogo De Meat Gainz

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017

Judges ruling? COUNT IT!!